• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Got any inspirational or deinspirational quotes?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I have one kind of in between. It's:

"Go outside and observe married couples. Many of them have average looking people in them. Several times you'll see it where both people are average looking.

So next time you say you're single because of your looks..... well. It isn't your looks."

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
"Good sense and sage counsel seldom deflect the progress of fate."

Said by Duryodhana in the Mahabharata

Its a bit down because it seems, no matter how much good advice or general knowledge is out there, things still go terribly wrong. But for some strange reason it comforts me, because even if things seem to be going wrong, perhaps its the only way it can go.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms. To choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. To choose one's own way. -Victor Framkl

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Don't worry, it can and will get worse.

Hitting bottom is no fun.

It's always darkest before something whacks you from out of nowhere.

Spring will come again.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
24k6zp.jpg

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I have one kind of in between. It's:

"Go outside and observe married couples. Many of them have average looking people in them. Several times you'll see it where both people are average looking.

So next time you say you're single because of your looks..... well. It isn't your looks."

"Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it." - Albus Dumbledore

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
It has always surprised me how little attention philosophers have paid to humor, since it is a more significant process of mind than reason. Reason can only sort out perceptions, but the humor process is involved in changing them.

Edward DeBono

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.

Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one.

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

Just erotic. Nothing kinky. It's the difference between using a feather and using a chicken.

And what would humans be without love?"
Rare

Terry Pratchett