• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

GOP Pulls Debate Support

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You want to endure that image again?
(At least he didn't interview Hillary.)
Hillary had the good grace to pretty much disappear after her loss. Not totally, but with Trump constantly bringing her up that was not possible. Trump tried to cause an insurrection and coup.. And he still has not slunk off to the tar pits.

As to the image, if he keeps putting himself out there I appreciate seeing him as he really is. The odds are rather high that he will try to run again.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Hillary had the good grace to pretty much disappear after her loss. Not totally, but with Trump constantly bringing her up that was not possible. Trump tried to cause an insurrection and coup.. And he still has not slunk off to the tar pits.

As to the image, if he keeps putting himself out there I appreciate seeing him as he really is. The odds are rather high that he will try to run again.
That's exactly it. When liberals mention trump in political debates it is attacked as TDS. But trump has never gone away. He's still in the news, both in interviews, news about his ongoing rallies, and the investigations into his crimes and corruption. Clinton has been pretty much out of the limelight.

Trump does seem to be testing the waters of his popularity constantly. Even the recent interviews with Hannity have backfired. Trump in backing many candidates for the midterms and it will be interesting to see if his influence has any bite. I suspect he is afraid to lose the GOP primary in 2024, which may happen. Trump would surely fear any debates that are not favorable to his style and lack of discipline. The GOP seems on track to help comfort him.

If the GOP fails to win back the House and Senate in 2022 it'll be a huge loss for them. Will it mean reform? I doubt it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That's exactly it. When liberals mention trump in political debates it is attacked as TDS. But trump has never gone away. He's still in the news, both in interviews, news about his ongoing rallies, and the investigations into his crimes and corruption. Clinton has been pretty much out of the limelight.

Trump does seem to be testing the waters of his popularity constantly. Even the recent interviews with Hannity have backfired. Trump in backing many candidates for the midterms and it will be interesting to see if his influence has any bite. I suspect he is afraid to lose the GOP primary in 2024, which may happen. Trump would surely fear any debates that are not favorable to his style and lack of discipline. The GOP seems on track to help comfort him.

If the GOP fails to win back the House and Senate in 2022 it'll be a huge loss for them. Will it mean reform? I doubt it.
I used to vote mostly Republican and would like to be able to do so again some day. Even before Trump I could see that the party had largely left me. Neither party is perfect, but until the Republican party clears up their own TDS I can no longer support them. Ideally we should have input from both the liberal side and the conservative side. Unfortunately one can no longer even call the Republicans conservative.