• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Going to the bookstore

linwood

I`m heading to the bookstore in 30 minutes (Kids want a ride) what should I get?

QUICK!!

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I`m heading to the bookstore in 30 minutes (Kids want a ride) what should I get?

QUICK!!

Directions to the video store.
icon14.gif

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
The best sci-fiction novel I've read recently is called "Commitment Day", but I can't remember the author and so far I can't find it online.
icon9.gif

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
If you like Philosophy and religion- Jesus and Buddha the Parallel Sayings, the Hua Hu Ching, the Gnostic Gospels.

If you want fiction- Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Monster Blood Tattoo, Twilight, etc.

MSizer

MSizer
If you like comedy, "You Can Lead an Atheist to Evidence but You can't Make Him Think" by Ray Comfort.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
John Dies at the End
I'll read (and have read) every crap vanity press zombie story ever written but these two were disappointing.
House of Leaves
There are sheer moments of awesomeness in this book tucked away between the dated 90s L.A. sleaziness. Too bad the good stuff wasn't more prominent.
Stuff from the Classics section. It's cheap and it's usually good.
Rumour has it you're cheap and usually good. :p
Camus's 'The Fall'.
What is this? Junior year reading list?
"Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing" by Judy Blume
I preferred Are You There God? I Just Started My Menses.
Directions to the video store.
Do those still exist????
'The Stress of Her Regard' by Tim Powers.
:clap
Stori Telling by Tori Spelling. I haven't read it, but I expect it's highly insightful.
Stop reading what your ****ing ferrets tell you to read.
The best sci-fiction novel I've read recently is called "Commitment Day", but I can't remember the author and so far I can't find it online.
I'd concur... if I knew what book it was.
If you read science fiction, I would recommend "The Algebraist" by Iain Banks.
Sheer awesomeness. :yes:
:flower2:
e11518b22743ac880a2fd6b352e71664.gif
:flower2:
Seconded. I find nothing to disagree with here.
If you like Philosophy and religion- Jesus and Buddha the Parallel Sayings, the Hua Hu Ching, the Gnostic Gospels.
If you want fiction- Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Monster Blood Tattoo, Twilight, etc.
Did the OP specify YA books? But yeah- Twilight! :areyoucra
If you like comedy, "You Can Lead an Atheist to Evidence but You can't Make Him Think" by Ray Comfort.
Comfort strikes close to home don't he atheist sinner!
Kill it and Grill it by Ted Nugent
I prefer his vegan cookbooks.

I suggest:
http://www.smart*****estrashybooks.com/images/uploads1/jesus.jpg