• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Going to read my stuff in front of people Friday...

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
...unless I chicken out.

I'm reading this;

Where Homophobia Comes From; a poem in memory of the great Oscar Wilde

Partly because today is Oscar Wilde's birthday again (Happy Birthday Oscar!!!!!)

Partly because I'm trying to get used to performing in front of a crowd again (it's been awhile).

Partly because there are going to be publishers there.

But mostly because I'm afraid if I don't, the friend I showed this poem to will read it herself and try to take credit for it :D (there's something wrong with me, there really is).

Wish me luck.
icon14.gif

Edit: Hey! the page isn't loading! Damn it.

http://www.religiousforums.com/foru...ries/58317-where-homophobia-comes-poem-memory

Edit: Nope. that one's not loading either.

Last edited:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, here it is Friday and the woman who invited me to the reading still hasn't emailed me with the address.

I'm going to rip my own head off.

Phasmid

Mr Invisible
*man hugs* you'll do great, Quagmire. Like my old man always says, "The anticipation is nearly always worse than the actual event".

Phasmid

Mr Invisible
Thanks Guyz. It went really well. towards the end of the night someone showed up with a guitar so I played a cpl of my songs after the readings, and I got invited to perform at a restaurant next week.
icon14.gif

You the man, Quagmire :D :clap

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
How mercilessly disappointing that you will not now have a suitable story of personal embarrassment to tell your grandchildren! Congratulations, though!

It actually was kind of embarrassing; I read first and I frooze up, so I read all my stuff in a really clumbsy monotone. :p

the guy showing up with the guitar saved the day for me though.

blackout

Violet.
Thanks Guyz. It went really well. towards the end of the night someone showed up with a guitar so I played a cpl of my songs after the readings, and I got invited to perform at a restaurant next week.
icon14.gif

That is SOOOOOOOO amazingly Kool!:clap:beach:
The UniVerse has aligned itself for you!
Brought you a guitar right when you didn't even know you needed it. ;)

*UV thinks maybe her sigil somehow worked on Quagmire instead of herself....:eek: :D

Seriously though,
When you step out in life...
even when you're nervous, or unsure...
it's amazing how stuff starts to happen & open up for you.

So good for you. :hug:

Can you record any of your songs and post them?

EDIT: oh right.... and my name is Violet.
I'll be sure to remind you again when you get famous.
(maybe that's the ultimate fullfillment of my Sigil!!!) :p

Last edited:

MSizer

MSizer
I so wanted to say, "while you're reading, each time you encounter the word "it", think of the word "nipple". As funny as it would have been, I supposed the humour would be subjective, so I resisted.

Congrats. (next time tho - I'm saying it before you read! 8^)