• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gods

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
if consciousness exists eternally, or intelligence infinitely, then are we gods?

what do you have in mind?

Last edited:

Tumah

Veteran Member
if consciousness exists eternally, or intelligence infinitely, then are we gods?
Gods have eternally existing consciousness and/or infinite intelligence.
Humans have eternally existing consciousness and/or infinite intelligence.
Humans are gods.

Humans have nails
Marmosets have nails
Humans are marmosets

Is someone paying you for every new thread you make? Because I don't see any other reason to do something like this.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Gods have eternally existing consciousness and/or infinite intelligence.
Humans have eternally existing consciousness and/or infinite intelligence.
Humans are gods.

Humans have nails
Marmosets have nails
Humans are marmosets

Is someone paying you for every new thread you make? Because I don't see any other reason to do something like this.

ruach is the creator

האֲנִ֚י יְהֹוָה֙ וְאֵ֣ין ע֔וֹד זֽוּלָתִ֖י אֵ֣ין אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֲאַזֶּרְךָ֖
וְלֹ֥א יְדַעְתָּֽנִי

yada` yada`

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Well. No one will ever accuse you of being unable to make a non sequitur.

יאַל־תִּירָא֙ כִּֽי עִמְּךָ֣־אָ֔נִי אַל־תִּשְׁתָּ֖ע כִּֽי־אֲנִ֣י

אֱלֹהֶ֑יךָ אִמַּצְתִּ֙יךָ֙ אַף־עֲזַרְתִּ֔יךָ אַף־תְּמַכְתִּ֖יךָ

בִּימִ֥ין צִדְקִֽי

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
There are multiple dimensions of consciousness, we're in between them, around the top floor of Hell...

So no we're more like fallen angels (Elohim) near Hell, with inner demons.

In my opinion.
:innocent:

No. Or, it depends on what you mean with god. People can keep many things as their god. God is like king, but higher. What person keeps as his god can be seen by his actions. What person serves with his actions and words, is his god. Many people have fear as their god, but only few seem to have Love as their God. And unfortunately fear leads to suffering.

He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:8

I don’t see any good reason to keep someone other than Bible God as my God.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
There are multiple dimensions of consciousness, we're in between them, around the top floor of Hell...

So no we're more like fallen angels (Elohim) near Hell, with inner demons.

In my opinion.
:innocent:

a daimon is still a god. there are bad/good gods?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
No. Or, it depends on what you mean with god. People can keep many things as their god. God is like king, but higher. What person keeps as his god can be seen by his actions. What person serves with his actions and words, is his god. Many people have fear as their god, but only few seem to have Love as their God. And unfortunately fear leads to suffering.

He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:8

I don’t see any good reason to keep someone other than Bible God as my God.
doesn't that keep you as separated from god?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
a daimon is still a god.
Damons are an energy force within the reality; yet they don't have any real authority, God (The CPU) does.
there are bad/good gods?
There is only One CPU (God Most High); there are then different divine qualities called Arch Angels (Elohim), which people have equated as gods.

In my opinion. :innocent:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Gods are simply that which a person or culture chooses to deify. If you see that as sufficient reason to deify humans, then they're gods. If not, then they are not.

Thief

Rogue Theologian

it is written....Ye ARE gods

yeah...I get it
by the attributes of mind and heart you can be trusted to greater things

and it is written....
if you cannot be trusted with the least of things....how then anything greater?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Damons are an energy force within the reality; yet they don't have any real authority, God (The CPU) does.

There is only One CPU (God Most High); there are then different divine qualities called Arch Angels (Elohim), which people have equated as gods.

In my opinion. :innocent:

i'm following the idea of minds in mind, panpsychism. like a slice of the hologram being representative of the whole, vitruvian man, the temple numbers.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

I believe we have consciousness and intelligence because these have been endowed to the humans temporarily by G-d. These are eternal , infinitely and absolute attributes among many attributes of G-d. It is one aspect of humans being in the image of G-d, but that does not make a human a god. The reflection/image of sun in a mirror does not make it sun itself.
These are what I believe to be the right concepts, other are welcome to differ with me with their own reasons and arguments, if any.
Regards

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I believe we have consciousness and intelligence because these have been endowed to the humans temporarily by G-d. These are eternal , infinitely and absolute attributes among many attributes of G-d. It is one aspect of humans being in the image of G-d, but that does not make a human a god. The reflection/image of sun in a mirror does not make it sun itself.
These are what I believe to be the right concepts, other are welcome to differ with me with their own reasons and arguments, if any.
Regards

are you implying that i am that i am is not? or that the thing that reflects the light is in itself nothing?