• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God's invasion

confused453

Remember all those alien invasion movies?
What if a creature of immense power comes to our planet, announcing itself as being the God, who doesn't like how we managed the planet, totally furious, destroying the cities, and killing people all over the place. All attempts to reason with this God fail.

Now, you're one of earth's finest scientists, and the only person who discovered a formula to destroy God, but at the same time, you're a religious believer, and this God seems to you like a real God, or at least that's how you've imagined one all your life.

Should you let the God to do as he wills? or use the formula to destroy him?

Last edited:

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
If he could be killed he would not be God, based on my religious beliefs. So I'd use the formula because there'd be nothing to lose.

Orias

Left Hand Path
But what if the formula were to use his own power against him?
Wouldn't you have a tiny doubt that the formula might not work? It probably would anyway... Just think of the aftermath for any case :D

What I think I meant was, that you don't know for sure if it's the God, but you think it probably is.

This reminds me of this movie I just watched called "Dead Next Door", basically its about a zombie invasion, but the government controls a large population of them and then they try and come up with some type of "zombie cure" then it just ends up making the zombies more intelligent and then zombies take over the world.

The zombies had help though, there was actually people against the government killing of zombies, it was rather humorous :D

confused453

The secret of the formula is to use his own power against him. Would it work for sure? You'd think so. Would it absolutely work? You'd never know until you'd try.

Let's say if it's an imposter, the formula would probably work. If it's the true God, the formula would probably fail. But you wouldn't know until you'd try it.

So would you still try it? Would you consider the consequences?

Orias

Left Hand Path
I'd imagine the consequences would follow along the same lines as the Æsir-Vanir War‎.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Given how I feel about how humans are plunging the planet into a sixth mass extinction, I would destroy the formula and help the "god" do its work. I would suggest to this "god" an alternative approach that would be more beneficial on the long-run than wanton violence.