• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God's Existence

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Not saying that the sorce you link is wrong but this site just tells a story about what may have happened without any links to support what it says. This is common theme where stories are painted about events of acid rains and ecosystems dying and animals eating certain things etc etc which helps paint the picture that is probaably already decided to be true and so it becomes a circular argument.

The brief summary provided in the link is not intended to provide the scientific evidence support, which would require volumes of references.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
The law of genetics has proved that the offspring can't acquire a characteristic not in the gene pool of the parents. The parents of packicetus did not have the gene for fins. Therefore packicetus could never become a sea creature.

There is no such thing as a law of genetics, and science does not prove anything.

It has not been completely proved, but for the sake of argument, what has it proved. Be sure to include the HOW IT DID.

Science does not prove anything. The how of evolution has been extensively demonstrated by the evidence. You need a much more extensive background in the science of genetics and paleontology to remotely understand the evidence.

In evolution of species over time, like packicetus do not 'have' genes for specifically one thing or another that do not change over time. The genes for limbs and feet are the same genes that evolve into fins.

I have not mentioned my faith, so why do you? This discussion is about science.

You have mentioned your lack of knowledge in the fundamentals of genetics, paleontology, and evolution.

Last edited:

TrueBeliever37

do you feel god exists? why do u feel that god exists?
or
do u feel that god does not exist? why do u feel that god does not exist?

I know God exists because he has healed me several times, and he has answered prayers, and shown himself to be real to me many times.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I know God exists because he has healed me several times, and he has answered prayers, and shown himself to be real to me many times.
can it then be assumed?......you need the personal touch to believe?

does a tree that falls in the forest....make a sound?

(that goes for you non-believers too)

TrueBeliever37

can it then be assumed?......you need the personal touch to believe?

does a tree that falls in the forest....make a sound?

(that goes for you non-believers too)

I just know I believed what he said in his word, acted on it, and he proved himself to be real to me.

Milton Platt

do you feel god exists? why do u feel that god exists?
or
do u feel that god does not exist? why do u feel that god does not exist?

I do not feel god exists because there is not sufficient evidence to support such an extraordinary claim.