• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God's Existence

new

God is goodness
do you feel god exists? why do u feel that god exists?
or
do u feel that god does not exist? why do u feel that god does not exist?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
or

What I feel is that when folks feel an "supernatural" presence. What their experiencing is a type of dualism cause by the coexistence of the conscious and subconscious mind.

IOW, the experience of God is real for folks but the cause is not the supernatural. The cause is the subconscious mind. This provides an explanation for spiritual experiences and God which doesn't require the supernatural. It also seems to be the most supportable explanation from my own investigations.

new

God is goodness
What I feel is that when folks feel an "supernatural" presence. What their experiencing is a type of dualism cause by the coexistence of the conscious and subconscious mind.

IOW, the experience of God is real for folks but the cause is not the supernatural. The cause is the subconscious mind. This provides an explanation for spiritual experiences and God which doesn't require the supernatural. It also seems to be the most supportable explanation from my own investigations.

Thank you for replying :)
what is supernatural ? something which science can not explain ? But don't you think that science is still evolving and we learn various new facts everyday in science so why someone who experience something beyond science which our scientist know until now can not be real or true?
what is god or who is god according to you?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
do u feel that god does not exist?

Yes, although I also feel that it is a mistake to give the matter of the existence of deities much importance.

why do u feel that god does not exist?

For one thing, that would create the need to explain why he is such a poor communicator. Plenty of people believe in the existence of the God of Abraham, but the understanding of the consequences of said existence is all over the place.

Come to think of it, the existence of deities is either inherently a personal matter or something difficult to reconcile with reality as it shows itself to us.

Unless someone can come up with a reason why a deity would want people to doubt its existence, I guess.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
do you feel god exists?

I think we can 'Know' God exists.

why do u feel that god exists?

How can we 'Know'. The Messengers from God are the Proof. They are extraordinary people that live a life of example. That Life will mirror what they revealed as the Word of God. They Teach of God by themselves and the Word as a Rational proof.

What they reveal becomes the Future.

Regards Tony

new

God is goodness
Yes, although I also feel that it is a mistake to give the matter of the existence of deities much importance.

For one thing, that would create the need to explain why he is such a poor communicator. Plenty of people believe in the existence of the God of Abraham, but the understanding of the consequences of said existence is all over the place.

Come to think of it, the existence of deities is either inherently a personal matter or something difficult to reconcile with reality as it shows itself to us.

Unless someone can come up with a reason why a deity would want people to doubt its existence, I guess.

There might be some people whose faith in god is so strong that they never ever feel that there might be a little possibility that god might not exists. And surely they must have such strong experience in their lives or something so strong within them which made their faith so strong and unshakable.
i have asked this question about existence of god so that their words can inspire me.
And also i wish to listen to those who feel that god does not exists because i feel inside that when i feel that god does not exists that time i am not very happy like when i am hurt i feel that if u exists god then why it happened? i ask god for reply and when i dont get it i tell to myself that you do not exists god but that saying does not help me much but just i feel that now i will be independent self dependent but then i wonder what is meaning of my life ? there must be someone something some reason why i am here on this world and then i feel i found until now that the one who is always good all the time or who is goodness itself is god. i have asked this to those who feel god does not exists because i feel that we can care for each other, learn from each other and put smile on others face.

i really do not know that if god wants me to doubt its existence but i feel that i am not existing without a reason and i know i exists and i feel that there is a connection between my existence and god's existence. i feel i am existing to stay good in all moments and to follow goodness which i consider as god.

new

God is goodness
I think we can 'Know' God exists.

How can we 'Know'. The Messengers from God are the Proof. They are extraordinary people that live a life of example. That Life will mirror what they revealed as the Word of God. They Teach of God by themselves and the Word as a Rational proof.

What they reveal becomes the Future.

Regards Tony

I really wish to meet a true messenger from God. And also i wish to become a messenger from God. Until now i feel i should be a good person to be near goodness or god. But how can i be a true messenger of god to whom god will come and give task like daily who meets with god and do good things as guided by god ? I feel although i do not know if god exists but still i do not know how i feel that i love god and god must be goodness or the one who is always good all the time :)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
or

God or gods do not exist

Why...

The mosquito
Childhood leukemia
Great gerbil ( Rhombomys opimus)
Statistics, in the 10,000 years + of God worship by literally billions of people, not one has ever provided verifiable evidence

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Thank you for replying :)
what is supernatural ? something which science can not explain ? But don't you think that science is still evolving and we learn various new facts everyday in science so why someone who experience something beyond science which our scientist know until now can not be real or true?
what is god or who is god according to you?

If at any point it can be explained by science it is not supernatural. Supernatural would be something, because of it's nature, can't be examined by science. Something which can't be detected by human senses or instruments of science or something that would otherwise transcend the laws of nature.

To me, the fact of God is the subconscious mind. That's my opinion of course. When folks talk about their experiences with God, that IMO is the source of their experience.

Since I don't see the subconscious as a separate entity needing worship, I really don't have a belief in an actual God.

new

God is goodness
God or gods do not exist

Why...

The mosquito
Childhood leukemia
Statistics, in the 10,000 years + of God worship by literally billions of people, not one has ever provided verifiable evidence

sharing few lines in support of god's evidence
"Those who say that they do not believe in god have their own story behind. Everyone has a story. we do not know anyone else completely. Even we do not remember ourself completely. It is really difficult to understand that why bad things are happening if god exists then why not god stopping those bad things. why god let anyone do bad things and if god has power to stop then why not doing it. so either god is not good enough so who is not good enough can not be termed as god so god does not exist they feel that way. and moreover if god exists then they demand evidence. if we understand that they might have seen many problems in lives as i have read somewhere that " you have seen just your problems ... how much less you have seen"
But in my opinion god exists. god is goodness and we all have seen acts of goodness around. and which creates a possibility that there might be the one who is always good all the time , he / she or that energy itself is goodness or I can term that as god because if someone is not good enough then that is not god and the one who is just goodness is god.
now why not its possible that goodness is just goodness and not god and nothing like god exists and how goodness is related to power as god is most powerful so how goodness is power ?
answers i feel are that more good we are then more we have power and less fear for example when a child steals a chocolate from refrigerator then he has fear that his mother might catch him. similarly only when we do a not good thing more we do that more is our fear and less power and more we are good i mean for more time then it makes us more powerful fearless calm and even blissful.
and the first question was why not goodness is just goodness and why goodness is god.what if no one exists who is always good all the time who we can name as god. then alright do not consider a face or creature as god or identity let god be just energy, let goodness be just goodness what is goodness a good thought a good act a good behavior then after all it is energy in us so let god be just good energy in us. does anyone need to have evidence that do we have energy in our body ? and if we use that energy for good like for caring others then it is i feel it is the grace of god or goodness in us
And if we use energy to make fun of someone lets say which is not good we know or anything bad we do then its a choice we make to use our power for bad. and god does not wish us to be robots or god's puppets who will do whatever god permits but god guides us all within us and through various other ways to choose goodness and i feel goodness is not just a choice but a need. and to understand god completely and all god's acts and decisions and justice or to understand goodness completely we have to be good in all moments tiny moments current moments and to remember to be good always and more we are good more we will understand goodness and god i feel ...."

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
My answer to your question is to refer to one version of the story of the musk deer who smelled a wonderful perfume, searched and searched for that perfume and finally died to discover that the source of the perfume was himself.

Meher Baba says it this way: The divine Beloved is always with you, in you and around you. Know that you are not separate from Him.

So my 'belief' rests on 'smelling' as it were a tiny whiff of a wonderful 'perfume' and believing as is stated by mystics from all traditions that this is present everywhere including myself and that I will know this when the 'veils' covering over this experience disappear.

new

God is goodness
If at any point it can be explained by science it is not supernatural. Supernatural would be something, because of it's nature, can't be examined by science. Something which can't be detected by human senses or instruments of science or something that would otherwise transcend the laws of nature.

To me, the fact of God is the subconscious mind. That's my opinion of course. When folks talk about their experiences with God, that IMO is the source of their experience.

Since I don't see the subconscious as a separate entity needing worship, I really don't have a belief in an actual God.

if i say that i feel that god is goodness as there can be a possibility of someone who is always good all the time then i will term that as god. do u feel that someone might exists who is good all the time ?
then this fact that god is goodness is that also coming from subconscious mind u feel?

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
or
I take a non-dual (God and creation are not-two) Hindu position on this question. God is in all living things as the spark of consciousness that subjectively experiences.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
God or gods do not exist

Why...

The mosquito
Childhood leukemia

Imagine if all children come with leukemia, if few have it then why not a lot of them
or all of them, nature doesn't have a control over the creation.

I think such few cases of abnormalities should be regard as a sign for God and not the contrary.

omega2xx

or

Feelings are unreliable. I know God exists the same way little children know Jesus loves them---the Bible tells me so

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Asking whether or not I think such and such "exists" is never an enlightening exercise because for me the answer is yes no matter what it is that is being asked about.

The better question to ask someone of my worldview is "in what way do you experience this thing, and how is it meaningful in your life?"

To which I have to ask another question - "which deity?"

new

God is goodness
I take a non-dual (God and creation are not-two) Hindu position on this question. God is in all living things as the spark of consciousness that subjectively experiences.
do u also feel that god is also in stones or other non living things ?

neologist

My main reason for belief is that I have free will.
As for your proclamations about beer:
It may not save the world: but it certainly makes my day. :beercheers:

It's good to find things in common, eh?

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
do u also feel that god is also in stones or other non living things ?
In the ultimate perspective everything is a part of the One/God/Brahman. It is all consciousness in action. But from our human perspective the goal is realizing our Oneness with all living things through brotherly love.

new

God is goodness
Imagine if all children come with leukemia, if few have it then why not a lot of them
or all of them, nature doesn't have a control over the creation.

I think such few cases of abnormalities should be regard as a sign for God and not the contrary.

if something bad is happening around us then we sometimes feel why god is letting it happen, i do not know but i feel if god could have stopped it then he would have done it but how can god have limitations that god is not stopping those who are doing bad or why children are having problems from birth who are just born what could be the reason but one think i am sure that god is not the reason for that because god is good or goodness itself. it is true that god is not stopping bad things happening but also god is not doing them we are doing that. even if god will come to us and tell us all that why god is not stopping all bad every time and will also tell us the reason for he same it will still not stop those things to happen and if god will stop everything bad now then we will be just good everything will be just good but if then someone by chance wishes to do bad again then what will god do if god will stop him by force then who are we ? god's puppets robots ? who will do everything good by force? but a child who is just born why is he facing ? many questions about god's management comes to mind but now i feel that i am here in this world to be good and follow goodness and only the one who is always good all the time can be god and i feel that when i will be good in most of the times more i will understand the value of goodness and goodness and god. and i feel that goodness or righteousness i choose not to get good in return but i must do right because i know its right inside . big full stop. not for anything else . i know its right so i will do right or good...