• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God's Attitude Toward Homosexuality

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
They may molest me the wrong way, and disturb my peace of mind by causing confusion within me as to who I am.
Where are you going to be associating with gays? Cruising spots and pick up bars? Outside of that, your answer makes no sense and is just bizarre. If you're afraid a man will make you question your sexuality than you're already not as straight as you wish you were. And there's nothing wrong with that. It's not harming you, either.

Shantanu

Where are you going to be associating with gays? Cruising spots and pick up bars? Outside of that, your answer makes no sense and is just bizarre. If you're afraid a man will make you question your sexuality than you're already not as straight as you wish you were. And there's nothing wrong with that. It's not harming you, either.
Of course it is harming me. I am a married man with a daughter and love my family life. It is complete I have a terrific existence mixing with the opposite sex in my wife and our daughter is the gift of that encounter.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Of course it is harming me. I am a married man with a daughter and love my family life. It is complete I have a terrific existence mixing with the opposite sex in my wife and our daughter is the gift of that encounter.
So what? Finding a man attractive isn't going to destroy any of that. You can be happily married and still find people attractive. Sounds like you probably already find men attractive but are self-hating over it. There's no reason to feel that way.

Shantanu

So what? Finding a man attractive isn't going to destroy any of that. You can be happily married and still find people attractive. Sounds like you probably already find men attractive but are self-hating over it. There's no reason to feel that way.
My wife will divorce me if I was to find men attractive. I love human beings but I find the idea of sexual relations with another man repugnant.

TheresOnlyNow

The Mind Is Everything. U R What U Think
Well, my two farthings worth will give it a try.
The problem that seems to have arisen for Christianity and of course Christians by proxy, is that long long ago one sect, the Jews, imagined an immense unimaginable power loved only them.
And had nothing better to do with its powers than to obsess on many minutia in the human realm of existence. Like hair length, women's head coverings, foreskin, and sex. To name just a few or more
pre-occupation's.

And we know this because men said so in writing. And claimed though their hands drew the script, it was that awesome immense creator power that inspired the words to be written.

Religion, any religion, is man's ego seeking to control man's ego.

With regard to the tribal, the Jews, prohibition against homosexual congress was a matter of tribe survival and reproduction. Carrying on the tribal lineage. Which doesn't happen in same sex intercourse.

Also, homosexuality was a practice of the Goy, the gentiles. And being the Jews were God's chosen, the Goy were less than, same sex congress was considered the failing of the fallen pagans. Which meant, all that were not Hebrew.

Then came Christianity. Wherein everything got misconstrued because men, Roman men intent on continuing the reign of the Caesar's and achieving world conquest infinitely,arrived at a doctrinal ideology that encapsulated politics and religion and then compressed their idea of a pagan God into book called the new testimony of that God.

Notice Jesus never condemned homosexuality in his teachings. It was the Pharisee, Jew, Roman citizen, Saul of Tarsus, who did this. His letters predate the four Gospels.
Figure that one out.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
My wife will divorce me if I was to find men attractive. I love human beings but I find the idea of sexual relations with another man repugnant.
How do you know she will? Did she say that?

I don't buy that you find it repugnant. When it comes to this stuff, psychologically, repugnance is often just an inverted form of attraction. You're sounding like a closeted bisexual or sexually questioning man who has self-hate issues and might be in a homophobic environment. That's just how it's coming off to me. Hetero men who are secure in their sexuality don't have these worries.

Shantanu

Well, my two farthings worth will give it a try.
The problem that seems to have arisen for Christianity and of course Christians by proxy, is that long long ago one sect, the Jews, imagined an immense unimaginable power loved only them.
And had nothing better to do with its powers than to obsess on many minutia in the human realm of existence. Like hair length, women's head coverings, foreskin, and sex. To name just a few or more
pre-occupation's.

And we know this because men said so in writing. And claimed though their hands drew the script, it was that awesome immense creator power that inspired the words to be written.

Religion, any religion, is man's ego seeking to control man's ego.

With regard to the tribal, the Jews, prohibition against homosexual congress was a matter of tribe survival and reproduction. Carrying on the tribal lineage. Which doesn't happen in same sex intercourse.

Also, homosexuality was a practice of the Goy, the gentiles. And being the Jews were God's chosen, the Goy were less than, same sex congress was considered the failing of the fallen pagans. Which meant, all that were not Hebrew.

Then came Christianity. Wherein everything got misconstrued because men, Roman men intent on continuing the reign of the Caesar's and achieving world conquest infinitely,arrived at a doctrinal ideology that encapsulated politics and religion and then compressed their idea of a pagan God into book called the new testimony of that God.

Notice Jesus never condemned homosexuality in his teachings. It was the Pharisee, Jew, Roman citizen, Saul of Tarsus, who did this. His letters predate the four Gospels.
Figure that one out.
It is a question of having self control and not succumbing to fascile desires in wanting abnormal objects for worship. It goes against Nature and is not explained through the gunas that Hindus believe in.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
They may molest me the wrong way, and disturb my peace of mind by causing confusion within me as to who I am.
Is a homosexual more likely to molest you than a heterosexual? Quite frankly, men are more aggressive, so I'm more likely to be accosted by a male heterosexuals than a lesbian. Not that there aren't some lesbians who are aggressive, just that they are in the minority. Most men also do not accost me. I'm just talking statistics.

Shantanu

I don't buy that you find it repugnant. When it comes to this stuff, psychologically, repugnance is often just an inverted form of attraction. You're sounding like a closeted bisexual or sexually questioning man who has self-hate issues and might be in a homophobic environment. That's just how it's coming off to me. Hetero men who are secure in their sexuality don't have these worries.
She thinks I am gay because I had male friends and she always put me off those male friends. Besides I think there are better things to be engaged on than homosexuality.

Shantanu

Is a homosexual more likely to molest you than a heterosexual? Quite frankly, men are more aggressive, so I'm more likely to be accosted by a male heterosexuals than a lesbian. Not that there aren't some lesbians who are aggressive, just that they are in the minority. Most men also do not accost me. I'm just talking statistics.
I am only concerned about my chances of survival in this world: associating with homosexuals will hinder that process because it is totally unnatural biologically.

MonkeyFire

In my religion almost all females interact with the same sex. Men can do it too, but I'm straight and I only share my wives with the other women I call my own.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

This is sheer prejudice on your part, heterophobia.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
She thinks I am gay because I had male friends and she always put me off those male friends. Besides I think there are better things to be engaged on than homosexuality.
I'm sorry to hear. That's very bizarre and she shouldn't be acting that way, regardless of what your orientation may be. Have you tried talking to her about it or considering therapy?

TheresOnlyNow

The Mind Is Everything. U R What U Think
It is a question of having self control and not succumbing to fascile desires in wanting abnormal objects for worship. It goes against Nature and is not explained through the gunas that Hindus believe in.
I think you're in the wrong thread?