• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Godless Heathens: Are You True To Yourself?

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Um, being a godless heathen, I have no other option. There's no-one watching me going,'Stop being yourself, I don't like it!:149:'
Unless you count my mother, of course.:cover:

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
define "Godless Heathens"

Because I do not know if I can even post in this thread unless you do.

Good point really, I just thought what I normally do when I here "Godless Heathen". Non-Christian. But I could be wrong.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I'm more worried about the definition of "being true to yourself." :cool:
Well, I kinda gotta look at it like this:
If I am allowed to post in this thread, THEN I will worry about the definition of "True to yourself."
If I am not supposed to post in this thread, I will not worry about.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Godless Heathens Only:

Do you consider yourself largely true to yourself?
If being true to myself makes me a "godless heathen" then so be it.
I have been called much worse by people who, in their own minds, are much better.

Somkid

If you mean do I pray to the god I say doesn't exist when no one is looking, no, I don't because I am strong in my convictions (other wise I would just change them) and I am true to my beliefs and myself.

Godfather89

I am Who I am
Godless Heathens Only:

Do you consider yourself largely true to yourself?

Im considered a Godless heathen of sorts by orthodoxy and yes I do. Most individuals are considered Godless because, in some strange way they actually have found a part of God. Ironic aint it...;)

wednesday

Jesus
I am true to myself. I stay true to what i believe in and no b ook can change that. I say what i feel even if i get in trouble for it. I am not entirely Godless, i just take scripture that applies to my life and try to make myself a better person from it. My opinion is that if it works for you use it, even if you spent your whole life denying its reliability.

lamplighter

Almighty Tallest
I thought "godless heathen" meant secularists :shrug: but whatever. I certainly don't change my morals to fit what anybody else wants, in fact I quit a well paying job because they tried to make me go against my morals.

Godfather89

I am Who I am
Godless Heathens are what the RCC in the past called heretics of the faith... Heresy the word came from... Different school of thought, so you see its a heresy to think differently and thats what a heretic is and that is what a Godless heathen is, so a Godless Heathen = Someone who thinks differently from the status quo.