• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

godhatesfurries.com

mr.guy

crapsack
Selected exerpts from "godhatesfurries.com"

"Furries are members of an internet subculture known as 'Furry' (often referred to as 'Furry Fandom'), they are commonly people who enjoy anthropomorphic animals - animals bearing the attributes of humans (Bugs Bunny is an example - he walks on two feet and acts human.) - seems innocent enough, right? No. You or I might enjoy Bugs Bunny, or Tom and Jerry cartoons or Chewbacca like any normal person, but Furries take their interest to an absurd extreme. An extreme never before seen, this is what makes Furries so hilarious and worthy of mockery. Furryism is, at it's core, the sexual objectification of animals."

"Carefully inform them that they are perverts."

"Furryism is a disability."

"George Bush and Jesus are the two things furries hate the most."

Having listened to a radio program exploring some montreal furries this morning, i got a bit curious about some of the oft tabled objections to the general sub-culture, from within and without.

Where do you stand regarding furries?

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Wasn't there an episode of CSI a couple of years ago which featured a Furry convention? I seem to remember something like that; it 's the only other time I have heard of such a thing.

My question is, who is being harmed by this, and why and/or how does what they do create harm?

Circle_One

There was, Engyo, I remember that Ep, too.

Personally, I think it's a little odd, but who am I to chastise or mock someone else for their sexual... preferences(?).

It's harming no one, and if it's bringing them pleasure, (and bringing harm to none), then who cares. Who are we to say what's right and what's wrong? And similarly, how can it be wrong if it's not hurting anyone and those who partake in it, enjoy themselves?

Let the furries be, I say. :D

Edit: Besides, isn't there enough hate and ostricizing in this world?

A

angellous_evangellous

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furry_fandom

http://www.godhatesfurries.com/

There is actually a movement against Bugs Bunny and Mickey Mouse?!

My Southern Baptist mother would not allow me to watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles because anthopomorphic turtles seemed demonic to her.

Nevermind that I was enthralled with Bugs Bunny, Mickey Mouse, and Tom and Jerry.

Long live Looney Tunes!!!

EDIT: Having read the unbiased info on www.godhatesfurries.com, I must say that I don't like the idea of anthropomorphic characters engaging in sex with other furries or human beings. Not a fan of beastiality here, but who actually cares about this kinda thing?

Check out what the page says about beastiality on http://www.godhatesfurries.com/index.php?p=about.

I can't quote it here. :D

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I believe Furries will eventually destroy the sanctity of marriage and Wetern Civilization, and I am deeply concerned what that might do to my beer supply.

A

angellous_evangellous

Sunstone said:
I believe Furries will eventually destroy the sanctity of marriage and Wetern Civilization, and I am deeply concerned what that might do to my beer supply.

Capitalism already did that. The traditional concept of marriage is rendered completely useless in the free market, being able to be fully expressed in an age where women and homosexuals actually have equal rights.

mr.guy

crapsack
Engyo said:
Wasn't there an episode of CSI a couple of years ago which featured a Furry convention? I seem to remember something like that; it 's the only other time I have heard of such a thing.
From what i understand, that particular episode is responsible for an increase in furry vilification. Correct or no, it seems the new mainstream perception of furries is married to deviant (pseudo-beastiality) sex.

My question is, who is being harmed by this, and why and/or how does what they do create harm?
In the whole twenty minutes of research i've dedicated to the subject, i've noticed most of the attacks upon furries come from other fantasy genre fans, to the effect of: "Yes, i've dedicated my life to playing a 30th level wizard/ork online, but dressing up like a cartoon animal and hopping about is wrong!"

A

angellous_evangellous

mr.guy said:
From what i understand, that particular episode is responsible for an increase in furry vilification. Correct or no, it seems the new mainstream perception of furries is married to deviant (pseudo-beastiality) sex.

Well if it's in the context of marriage, then it must be ok. :rolleyes:

evearael

I have to agree with Circle_One... I don't see the harm in it. It's just cosplay and no stranger than playboy bunnies. If they actually commit a crime like beastiality, then they should be punished but other than that...
godhatesfurries said:
You should hate stupid people, you should hate people that do and say stupid things and set themselves up for ridicule. You should mock them and belittle their works
Just what we need... more hate.

robtex

Veteran Member
MOD POST: Just a quick note. godhatefurries.com may be offensive so some of the posters on here. If you would personally qualify yourself as sensative in either the areas of sexuality or religion please do not google the site. Thank you.

mr.guy

crapsack
eveareal said:
If they actually commit a crime like beastiality, then they should be punished but other than that
While i recognize that you inserted an "if", i wonder how many would presume this lifestyle to be a branch of or gateway to beastiality?
Worse still, what if it's a modern extension of native american animal costuming?

To expound on C1's comment, ought we suppose it correct to consider this largely a sexual preference?

evearael

While i recognize that you inserted an "if", i wonder how many would presume this lifestyle to be a branch of or gateway to beastiality?
I have never heard of cross-over from a furry fetish to beastiality. Ever. That said, I've not really wanted to research it.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Sunstone said:
Clearly they have annoyed God so much with their behaviour that it has brought about this heat wave and the drought we are experiencing here in Atlanta.

I say they are responsible for the reduction in the butterfly count in my garden! How dare they!

:sarcastic

Flappycat

More likely, animal-like characters are just less threatening or judgemental faces with which to relate one's ideas, thoughts, feelings, or fantasies. If this were the idea behind the subculture, then, while zoos may be less unwelcome than elsewhere, I wouldn't expect there to be a great deal of connection between the two.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Flappycat said:
More likely, animal-like characters are just less threatening or judgemental faces with which to relate one's ideas, thoughts, feelings, or fantasies. If this were the idea behind the subculture, then, while zoos may be less unwelcome than elsewhere, I wouldn't expect there to be a great deal of connection between the two.

Well, there may be a silver lining in all this: Perhaps it will keep certain parties engaged in railing against furries, and that will provide some cover for Sunstone and his Acme Latex Love Doll.

A

angellous_evangellous

Booko said:
Well, there may be a silver lining in all this: Perhaps it will keep certain parties engaged in railing against furries, and that will provide some cover for Sunstone and his Acme Latex Love Doll.

You mean furr lining? :sarcastic

Zephyr

Moved on
They are creepy and they frighten me and they bring terror. They withered my crops and brought sickness to my cattle.

Also, they are significantly less delicious than real animals.