• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

godhatesfurries.com

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
mr.guy said:
Having listened to a radio program exploring some montreal furries this morning, i got a bit curious about some of the oft tabled objections to the general sub-culture, from within and without.

Where do you stand regarding furries?

You mean to tell me those quotes weren't jokes?

I'm going to go cry now.

Flappycat

MaddLlama said:
You mean to tell me those quotes weren't jokes?
Nah. Some people actually do A) consider the existence of furries in any way important to the remainder of society/fate of humanity or B) get off on giving these guys a hard time, especially if they appear to be emotionally damaged. The furries themselves mostly seem content with doodling, hanging out in fursuits once in a while, and (depending upon their financial situation or skill at begging for money) driving/flying a few hundred miles every year to attend the nearest convention, aside from occassional instances of C) those furries who really need to spend more time associating with other people. Compare C to D) those who have entirely abandoned their native language in favor of Klingon.

Clear enough?

Smoke

Done here.
mr.guy said:
Selected exerpts from "godhatesfurries.com"
I've seen that site before, and while I didn't read too much of the content, I took it as a spoof of anti-gay websites. I can't imagine anybody getting too wrought up about furries -- which are, after all, not even real creatures.

angellous_evangellous said:
My Southern Baptist mother would not allow me to watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles because anthopomorphic turtles seemed demonic to her.

Nevermind that I was enthralled with Bugs Bunny, Mickey Mouse, and Tom and Jerry.
Anthopomorphic mammals. Everybody knows that reptiles are demonic. :D

standing_on_one_foot

dorktower516.gif

http://archive.gamespy.com/comics/dorktower/archive.asp?nextform=viewcomic&id=1152

ChristianFur

Firstly. I would like to thank those that have posted previously. Most of you have been completely understanding. Its hard to find people who can look at furry and see that there is no harm in it.

To address some of the subjects floating around.

One: That furry has a link to bestiality.
Most furries that i know are completely opposed to the idea. I can speak for all, but the general feeling is that an animal can't say "no". So it is forced.... And we as a group are generally passive. So most are opposed to it.

Two: Furries Are emotionally vounerable.
Furries as a group just want people to like them. Most furries are good, understanding, and likeable people. They just want to be understood. So when somebody makes a webpage such as, "godhatesfurries.com" It really strikes a blow because it increases the number of people who have a general hate for the furry community. (In all actuality, on top of the increase in negative feelings for furries. There has been a large increase in the population of furries.)

Three: Furry is a sexual subject.
Most people assume that furry is just a sexual preference. This is not so. While a large portion of furries do, there is a large majority that just use it as an escape. To most furries, its like a break from life. Your able to say what you want to say, do what you want to do, and feel how you want to feel. All because of the community we have built. You are able to put on a guise, and just relax, and not worry about what people think of you. That is what the furry community is about. Relaxing with people who all have something in common. And what we all have in common, is that were furry.

I hope that some Questions were answered here. I also hope that nobody finds what I have said here "offensive", and if so. I deeply apologize :sorry1:.

liilsushiii

I don't believe furries are mostly sexually based, they are just like anime fans, they enjoy cosplay and to make belive, only a small portion of us enjoy sexual activities that include something with furries, none of us really do that, plsu if we were to actually rape an animal we'd be outcast from the fandom and get arrested, so there's that insider information to clear things up for you guys.

Riders

L

"Furries are members of an internet subculture known as 'Furry' (often referred to as 'Furry Fandom'), they are commonly people who enjoy anthropomorphic animals - animals bearing the attributes of humans (Bugs Bunny is an example - he walks on two feet and acts human.) - seems innocent enough, right? No. You or I might enjoy Bugs Bunny, or Tom and Jerry cartoons or Chewbacca like any normal person, but Furries take their interest to an absurd extreme. An extreme never before seen, this is what makes Furries so hilarious and worthy of mockery. Furryism is, at it's core, the sexual objectification of animals."

"Carefully inform them that they are perverts."

"Furryism is a disability."

"George Bush and Jesus are the two things furries hate the most."

Having listened to a radio program exploring some montreal furries this morning, i got a bit curious about some of the oft tabled objections to the general sub-culture, from within and without.

LMAO this must be a joke thread.My exbest friend John was a furry he made furry costumes and went to furry conventions.He was harmless.He has two cats and adores them takes care of them well.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

"Furries are members of an internet subculture known as 'Furry' (often referred to as 'Furry Fandom'), they are commonly people who enjoy anthropomorphic animals - animals bearing the attributes of humans (Bugs Bunny is an example - he walks on two feet and acts human.) - seems innocent enough, right? No. You or I might enjoy Bugs Bunny, or Tom and Jerry cartoons or Chewbacca like any normal person, but Furries take their interest to an absurd extreme. An extreme never before seen, this is what makes Furries so hilarious and worthy of mockery. Furryism is, at it's core, the sexual objectification of animals."

"Carefully inform them that they are perverts."

"Furryism is a disability."

"George Bush and Jesus are the two things furries hate the most."

I think they moved next door to the Hamburglar , Grimace, and Mayor McCheese after being run out of town. Oh, the parties they throw down there now. Wild wild parties.