• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God, the creator of the universe.

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
God, the creator of the universe/universes is abrahamic and at the same time God is not abrahamic.
God, the creator of the universe/universes is dharmic and at the same time God is not dharmic.
God, the creator of the universe/universes is pagan and at the same time God is not pagan

God has no religion. God is greater than we think.

Any thoughts? Do you agree or disagree?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
God, the creator of the universe/universes is abrahamic and at the same time God is not abrahamic.
God, the creator of the universe/universes is dharmic and at the same time God is not dharmic.
God, the creator of the universe/universes is pagan and at the same time God is not pagan

How the universe universe formed is unknown, to say "my god did it" is a personal act of faith.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
I agree that God is God, but I don't see the god of the bible as the creator. He's more an Asura/Rakshasa in my view.

F1fan

Veteran Member
There are gods that created the Hawaiian Islands.

There are over 200 creator gods in human lore.

syo

Gods are many and they're all pagan.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Gods are many and they're all pagan.

You must have a different definition of pagan than the dictionary definition.

A pagan is a follower of a polytheistic religion (esp. non-Abrahamic religions).

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس

I'll disagree. Here's why.

Perennial Philosophy is the understanding that all the world's Right Hand Path and Pagan-Based religions share a single, universal doctrine. This doctrine posits that the highest achievement that human life can achieve is through the union with an external Supreme Being and/or the Objective Universe (Nature). The way in which this is achieved is through the deception of one's conscious awareness into believing that one has been accepted by this Supreme Being and/or Nature (Objective Universe).

This is not the stance one takes as an adherent of the Left Hand Path, we do not accept the idea of external deities or the illusion of 'I Am', wherein the psyche comes to believe that it is inside us. The Objective Universe is seen as it plainly is, a non-conscious, unintelligent memetic mechanism composed of Time, Space & Matter. To absolve oneself into this is antithetic to the Left Hand Path goals of individuation, autotheism, and apotheosis.

The Greater Self/GodSelf is individual to each of us. It may be called the Psyche, the Soul, or our Isolate Consciousness. It is our Authentic Self, our Potential Being, it is the Platonic First Form of each of us and the perfected You. It is this Greater Self that we strive to become more consciously aware of.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
There are gods that created the Hawaiian Islands.

There are over 200 creator gods in human lore.

Correct, very many over 200. Of the approximately 4200 gods worshipped by humanity (excluding Hindu gods) around 3800 of them were creator gods.

AlexanderG

Your ideas sound like Taoism. Have you read the Tao Te Ching?

"Therefore having and not having arise together.
Difficult and easy complement each other.
Long and short contrast with each other;
High and low rest upon each other;
Voice and sound harmonize each other;
Front and back follow one another.

Therefore the sage goes about doing nothing, teaching no talking.
The ten thousand things rise and fall without cease,
Creating, yet not possessing,
Working, yet not taking credit,
Work is done, then forgotten.
Therefore it lasts for ever."

RestlessSoul

It is only the beginning. She will reveal her purpose at the right time.I am an atheist. So, imaginary things are out.

Everything is imaginary, in that we hold an image of it in our mind. This is how we function in the world.

"Dreams are real, for as long as they last. Can we say more of life?"
- Havelock Ellis

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

That's something only you can answer for yourself.

I have no such gods.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Atheist here. From what I've seen most religions contradict each other to the exclusion of other Gods.

Perhaps you seek a God independent of all religions so far? I seek that kind of God, but I'm at my last straw with even that.

danieldemol

Premium Member

I personally disagree that there is any evidence that God is creator/intervener in the material realm, although I'm unclear as to whether you were claiming the opposite.

In my opinion.

rocala

I disagree.
I am usually agnostic on the matter, but sometimes get a strong feeling that 'something is there.'
I never think of god as a creator, more like a mind of the universe.