• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God Recreated the Earth 6,000 Years Ago!

Do you believe God possibly recreated the Earth 6,000 years ago?

• Yes, it's possible that God recreated the Earth 6,000 years ago.

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • No, there is no way that the Earth could have been recreated 6,000 years ago.

Votes: 99 88.4%

• Total voters

jonathan180iq

I see. Which is it, are you an atheist or an unusual Christian apologist. If a Christian, recall that the world will know we are Jesus's disciples as we exhibit love toward one another.

PS. Challenging me is fine. Using rhetoricals and ad homs without citations and facts is demonizing a position.
As stated, I'm an atheist. But that doesn't mean that any of the arguments or challenges that I've put forward are strictly atheistic arguments. My challenges to your 5,000 year old flood concept could be made by anyone with a little bit of geologic understanding and even the smallest bit of education in History.

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
Scence is not in the religious business. Callng it spaghetti theory might sound like a concession to pastafarian creationism.

Ciao

- viole
However they have got all their excuses to prove their god to act scientifically. Whenever I ask them about kids born without limbs they have no answer, though....

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
However they have got all their excuses to prove their god to act scientifically. Whenever I ask them about kids born without limbs they have no answer, though....

They do, actually. God works in mysterious ways. Which is obviously self defeating from the start.

Or He wants to test the faith of the parents, like in the book of Job. Which would raise serious questions about God's morality. Not to speak of children born without limbs in Calcutta. Does God want to test the faith of the parents in Vishnu?

Ciao

- viole

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
The God of this aeon makes the blind and the deaf and those without limbs....that is what we are.

Robert.Evans

They do, actually. God works in mysterious ways. Which is obviously self defeating from the start.

Or He wants to test the faith of the parents, like in the book of Job. Which would raise serious questions about God's morality. Not to speak of children born without limbs in Calcutta. Does God want to test the faith of the parents in Vishnu?

Ciao

- viole
You would do well to consider man's reality. That is something you can control.

Robert.Evans

As stated, I'm an atheist. But that doesn't mean that any of the arguments or challenges that I've put forward are strictly atheistic arguments. My challenges to your 5,000 year old flood concept could be made by anyone with a little bit of geologic understanding and even the smallest bit of education in History.
The flood was on a land not worldwide

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Hows does creation mythology stack up to these newly found facts un human lineage????

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...-african-cave/ar-AAe8sRT?li=AAa0dzB&ocid=iehp

New Species in Human Lineage Is Found in a South African Cave

Homo naledi.

1,550 fossil elements documenting the discovery constituted the largest sample for any hominin species in a single African site, and one of the largest anywhere in the world.

“With almost every bone in the body represented multiple times, Homo naledi is already practically the best-known fossil member of our lineage,”

Some of its primitive anatomy, like a brain no larger than an average orange, Dr. Berger said, indicated that the species evolved near or at the root of the Homo genus, meaning it must be in excess of 2.5 million to 2.8 million years old

I take it you are aware that organic things cannot be subjected to carbon dating but must rely on nearby objects to be dated. You know this, yes? No?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Thank you for sharing your opinions with me! I also do not believe in these things, as I do not follow Judeo-Christianity.
However, I'd love to know your reasons for not believing in the age gap theory.

It's not considered (and I agree!) proper Bible interpretation to make a giant theory based on one or two verses, particularly basing it on things the Bible text doesn't say. The theory seems to be an attempt to reconcile modern science to the Bible.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I think that the Flying Spaghetti Monster has more scientific evidence than Jesus. He goes at the heart of the fundamental fabric of Nature. So, belief in Him is entirely justified. In any any case, more than the belief in a God that spawned Himself to get a weekend off for saving us from the consequences caused by some clueless proto-humans who allegedly ate an apple. I mean, who would believe that?

On the other hand, String Theory, promises to combine relativity and quantum theory, and to explain whole of reality.

A reality based on fundamental and irreducible things that look suspiciously close to His holy Noodles.

Isn't that evidence enough?

Ciao

- viole

Again, please read my posts. You seem to be arguing that TFSM does exist. I agreed with you several times already. Please, repeating again, prove TFSM does NOT exist and I'll prove how God DOES.

Emi

Proud to be a Pustra!
It's not considered (and I agree!) proper Bible interpretation to make a giant theory based on one or two verses, particularly basing it on things the Bible text doesn't say. The theory seems to be an attempt to reconcile modern science to the Bible.
However, if the Earth was supposedly recreated, how does it reconcile with modern science in this way?

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
I take it you are aware that organic things cannot be subjected to carbon dating but must rely on nearby objects to be dated. You know this, yes? No?
You mean the opposite. Carbon dating is done on organic matter, and some inorganic, but mostly it's done on remains.

http://www.radiocarbon.com/about-carbon-dating.htm

Also, it can't be used on samples older than about 50,000 years. Anything older than that, yes, then you have to rely on samples around the fossils/remains instead.

David1967

Premium Member
I'd personally go with the conventional interpretation, that Genesis describes the literal creation of not only Earth but the universe/heavens. The essence of Genesis is that there was in fact a specific creation event, a beginning to everything, something academics and atheists had mocked until relatively recently. Also that the Earth used to be entirely covered with water - again an odd assertion before we knew this to be so.-
furthermore that there was later one large land mass (Pangaea) and one large water mass. That life then followed in a specific order with distinct sudden stages, confirmed by natural history.

As far as specific timelines; apart from there being no way to describe '14 billion' in ancient Hebrew- what would be the point? The Bible has been very successful as intended, a guide for humanity. As part of that Genesis lays out a quick, rough but accurate account of creation as, primarily, a gift for humanity to appreciate.

It was not meant to be a scientific cheat sheet for the ponderous details of creation- that's for us to discover ourselves is it not?
Well said.

David1967

Premium Member
I disagree about the apes. I believe they have a soul. They have feelings, can reason, and communicate what they want, like, dislike, etc. And we do know that early hominid species (H. habilis and erectus) 2 million years ago had figured out how to make the first simple stone axes (found in Olduvai Gorge). Also, based on how these axes were made, they must've had the ability to transfer the knowledge (teach and learn) and explain purpose of the tool (consciousness and mental reasoning). Also, we do know that apes can feel sorrow when a fellow ape dies. They also show signs of being able to help each other out when in danger, which suggests a primitive sense of being. It's also been shown that they know the difference between "you and me", i.e. they have a personal identity of "me", which suggests self-awareness (the foundation of a soul) in them.

So sorry, all of it points to the "soul" existing for at least 7-10 million years (history of ape species).
I agree. We should not be so mean to apes by calling them soulless. :)

David1967

Premium Member
Not really.
His use of the words "fact" and "accurate" indicates he does not know what the words mean.
He is very much entitled to his opinion. I was complimenting him on his articulation of it. And he is right in that that is the "essence" of Genesis.

jonathan180iq

The flood was on a land not worldwide
Yes it was - and in reference to an event from antiquity that the writers of Genesis had no first hand knowledge of, occurring somewhere further East from the holy land, deep in Mesopotamia.

To read the Biblical version as a literal, dedicated, Judeo-Christian event is to completely miss the mark.