• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God Recreated the Earth 6,000 Years Ago!

Do you believe God possibly recreated the Earth 6,000 years ago?

• Yes, it's possible that God recreated the Earth 6,000 years ago.

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • No, there is no way that the Earth could have been recreated 6,000 years ago.

Votes: 99 88.4%

• Total voters

outhouse

Atheistically
If there is no Creator, then our life here is meaningless

Speak for yourself.

I will say my life has more meaning then yours, because I follow truth in education and accepted knowledge without fanaticism and fundamentalism.

Very little of my life is imaginary.

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
So what.

If you cannot supply an exact date, it never took place.

The date missing from the bible means little. Its not a history book.

When it comes to evidence, we have as much "concrete" evidence as you do. Your theory is set in jello.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
When it comes to evidence, we have as much "concrete" evidence as you do. Your theory is set in jello.
Sadly that is false. The earth is billions of years old - that is a fact demonstrated by concrete evidence and contradicted by no evidence whatsoever.
A 6000 year old earth is not possible, if radioactive decay occurred at that pace, the earth would glow like a sun.

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
Sadly that is false. The earth is billions of years old - that is a fact demonstrated by concrete evidence and contradicted by no evidence whatsoever.
A 6000 year old earth is not possible, if radioactive decay occurred at that pace, the earth would glow like a sun.

Sorry Bunyip but I never said the earth wasn't old.....you obviously haven't read my posts. I am not a creationist.
I don't believe that everything got here 6,000 years ago. I don't believe that the creative days were 24 hours long.
There is middle ground that agrees with true science (as opposed to theoretical science) and the Bible.

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
Wow, I would love to see your evidence, if not just for a good laugh.

The evidence for intelligent design is all around you...are you blind or do you imagine it all just came out of nowhere when the evolution fairy waved her magic wand over a few million years? :D

The point is, there is no more "concrete evidence" for one stance or the other...choose your belief system. That is what is before all of us.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Sorry Bunyip but I never said the earth wasn't old.....you obviously haven't read my posts. I am not a creationist.
I don't believe that everything got here 6,000 years ago. I don't believe that the creative days were 24 hours long.
There is middle ground that agrees with true science (as opposed to theoretical science) and the Bible.
Sure you are a creationist - I read your comments. You are also a denialist - no matter what evidence is presented to you you dismiss it and claim that there is none. The EVIDENCE demonstrates the age of the earth, and no evidence contradicts it. The earth is billions of years old - that is a fact.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
The evidence for intelligent design is all around you...are you blind or do you imagine it all just came out of nowhere when the evolution fairy waved her magic wand over a few million years? :D

The point is, there is no more "concrete evidence" for one stance or the other.
Why lie? The evidence is concrete, imagining it away is just silly.
.choose your belief system. That is what is before all of us.

psychoslice

Veteran Member

The point is, there is no more "concrete evidence" for one stance or the other...choose your belief system. That is what is before all of us.
But the thing is you do believe that it came out of nowhere, like some man in the sky with he's magic wand, evolution happened over billions of years, to believe in any thing else to me is ignorant and childish.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat

I have to ask by the way - if 'the evidence for intelligent design is all around you' why has the ID movement failed to produce any yet? They do not even have a testable hypothesis - let alone an alternative theory. If the evidence is 'all around' they have yet to stumble upon any of it.

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
But yours is set in mythology.

AND outlawed from innocent school children in science classes.

What does that prove? Evolution was outlawed once. It's all about what you accept as truth.....when its fashionable I guess.

Im sorry all education and knowledge is against you

Be careful what you put on a pedestal, especially when it's the assumptions of those who imagine that they are smarter than the Creator.

You seem to place education and knowledge in only one camp. But your science gods have feet of clay....they are just humans prone to making mistakes like we all are. The whole theory could go up in smoke with the next discovery. How is that fact?

Just because you don't want to believe that a Creator exists, doesn't make him disappear.
Can't you see that it works both ways.
You provide what science "thinks might have taken place". The last time I looked, someone "thinking" that something was so, was offering an opinion. An opinion, no matter how educated, is not a fact. No matter how hard you try, you will not make into one with supposition.

You have no more proof for your belief than I do.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
What does that prove? Evolution was outlawed once. It's all about what you accept as truth.....when its fashionable I guess.
When was that? I'm trying to remember when evolution was outlawed, but I'm not sure when or where. Do you have that information?

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
I have to ask by the way - if 'the evidence for intelligent design is all around you' why has the ID movement failed to produce any yet? They do not even have a testable hypothesis - let alone an alternative theory. If the evidence is 'all around' they have yet to stumble upon any of it.

It's called spiritual blindness. You know...."none so blind".....? There it is right under your nose, but you fail to see it? We accept what we want to accept and reject what we don't want to see. We all do it, that is why this choice we make tells a lot about who we are.

The things that exhibit design in nature have a designer....unless you think biomimetics is the study of "we can copy random accidents in nature and claim that we thought of it"? How do you copy something extremely complicated in nature, needing a PHD, to comprehend it, and then claim that the original is not designed? Humans are an arrogant bunch. o_O

Bunyip

pro scapegoat

Be careful what you put on a pedestal, especially when it's the assumptions of those who imagine that they are smarter than the Creator.
Real honest comment given that you just denied being a creationist.
You seem to place education and knowledge in only one camp. But your science gods have feet of clay....they are just humans prone to making mistakes like we all are. The whole theory could go up in smoke with the next discovery. How is that fact?

Just because you don't want to believe that a Creator exists, doesn't make him disappear.
Can't you see that it works both ways.
You provide what science "thinks might have taken place". The last time I looked, someone "thinking" that something was so, was offering an opinion. An opinion, no matter how educated, is not a fact. No matter how hard you try, you will not make into one with supposition.

You have no more proof for your belief than I do.
Why keep repeating the same falsehood? What is the point?

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
It's called spiritual blindness. You know...."none so blind".....? There it is right under your nose, but you fail to see it? We accept what we want to accept and reject what we don't want to see. We all do it, that is why this choice we make tells a lot about who we are.
You misunderstood - the ID proponants are believers, why have they not found any evidence yet?
The things that exhibit design in nature have a designer....unless you think biomimetics is the study of "we can copy random accidents in nature and claim that we thought of it"? How do you copy something extremely complicated in nature, needing a PHD, to comprehend it, and then claim that the original is not designed? Humans are an arrogant bunch. o_O
How can you spin this bull about the creator and deny being a creationist at the same time - without realising how dishonest you seem?

shawn001

"true science" LOL,

Like evolution!

The problem here is you don't know the difference between basic science and theoretical science.

You should watch this as well, Bible scholars and archaeologists digging in the middle East for many many years now and what they have found and not found.

The Bible's Buried Secrets
An archeological detective story traces the origins of the Hebrew Bible.

"In this landmark two-hour special, NOVA takes viewers on a scientific journey that began 3,000 years ago and continues today. The film presents the latest archeological scholarship from the Holy Land to explore the beginnings of modern religion and the origins of the Hebrew Bible, also known as the Old Testament. This archeological detective story tackles some of the biggest questions in biblical studies: Where did the ancient Israelites come from? Who wrote the Bible, when, and why? How did the worship of one God—the foundation of modern Judaism, Christianity, and Islam—emerge?"

NOVA | The Bible's Buried Secrets