• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is..

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Once a boy went to enjoy a fair in his town. In between the fair he received a call from his mother to come back home. He refused to go back home saying.. that still he want to spend some more time in the fair. He will return back when he will get tired of this fair.

Now consider..

Mother = God
Fair = World
Mother's Son = Each and every person of this world.

So, my dear Luis, when you will get tired of this fair, than you will automatically find the way back to home/re-union. But, until then, going back home will not make any sense to you, or nothing is offensive, because you still want to enjoy the world/fair.

Cheers!
:)
Clearly, you do not want to accept how gross and presumptous your claim is.

No surprise. Were I do make similar claims, I would need to avoid realizing their grossness as well.

whirlingmerc

I'm hoping he doesn't mean reuniting with the big bang.
But happily the big bang has enough holes in it to blow up on itself.... so.... lets say reuniting with God the creator

The prodigal son coming home?
The elder brother who was lost in plain sight at home waking up?

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
As you are already sure that there's "Someone" or some "Power" who has created this whole universe, than why to give you any evidence, Dear ?

I never said that, in fact, I don't believe that at all.

pearl

God(s) is an invention by ancient man to explain the then unknown. It turned into religion which in turn became a great way to gain power. Despite great advances in science these powerful people in religion have sought to cling onto their power with less and less 'unknowns' available for them to cling onto.

God is not a name as we think of names, not a designation for someone 'out there'. The use of the word is similar to how X is used in algebra, it designates the unknown, the Mystery.

Despite great advances in science these powerful people in religion have sought to cling onto their power with less and less 'unknowns' available for them to cling onto.

I don't think this is accurate. Rational faith does not contradict science.