• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is in the surf.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
Oh yes. It's a long time since I had the good fortune to be in the Ocean. Yesterday my eldest girl and I went body surfing. The waves had that raw power that is incomparable, the water was warm, and there was a strong onshore breeze. In short it was perfect. Over and over again the ocean picked us up in it's mighty paw and flung us at the shore. The rain showers moved across and the moutains disappeared behind the waves. It was wild and raw. My kind of day. We stayed in the water 'till our lips were blue and our extremities numb. We laughed our heads off and stretched our bodies. We surrendered ourselves to nature and we drunk it in deeply. A great day.
God is surely in the surf.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, the ocean also has that significance for me:

“Of priests, O Arjuna, know Me to be the chief, Brhaspati, the lord of devotion. Of generals I am Skanda, the lord of war; and of bodies of water I am the ocean.” - Bhagavad Gita, 10:24

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
Yes, the ocean also has that significance for me:

Oh yes, not the stuff for snorkling or paddling about, the boom of a crashing ocean is incomparable.
When we lived in NZ I loved to be beside the Pacific. I thought it felt different to the Atlantic - yet somehow the same.

Then I saw a man in a thong on holidays in Surfers and I never felt the same about the Pacific!! :cover: (only joking - I still feel the same about the Pacific. But I do retain a horror of men in thongs :D)

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Oh yes, not the stuff for snorkling or paddling about, the boom of a crashing ocean is incomparable.
When we lived in NZ I loved to be beside the Pacific. I thought it felt different to the Atlantic - yet somehow the same.

Then I saw a man in a thong on holidays in Surfers and I never felt the same about the Pacific!! :cover: (only joking - I still feel the same about the Pacific. But I do retain a horror of men in thongs :D)

The Pacific is the best!!! Nothing beats a long hot summers day on a beach of the Pacific, with a barbecue, and Christmas presents.

Ozzie

Oh yes. It's a long time since I had the good fortune to be in the Ocean. Yesterday my eldest girl and I went body surfing. The waves had that raw power that is incomparable, the water was warm, and there was a strong onshore breeze. In short it was perfect. Over and over again the ocean picked us up in it's mighty paw and flung us at the shore. The rain showers moved across and the moutains disappeared behind the waves. It was wild and raw. My kind of day. We stayed in the water 'till our lips were blue and our extremities numb. We laughed our heads off and stretched our bodies. We surrendered ourselves to nature and we drunk it in deeply. A great day.
God is surely in the surf.
Agree with your surf sentiments. Getting dumped is a reminder God is also up your nose.

Many Sages One Truth

God is present in all things, at all times. God is even present in the things you think of as non-living. God is in the particles, in the atoms, in the molecules that make up something. This is why nothing is independently arising.