• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is in Hell - it is the other guy that is in Heaven

lostwanderingsoul

Rising from the grave only sounds stupid to someone who does not believe it. I am sure musch of your beliefs are stupid to someone else.

kalyan

Aspiring Sri VaishNava
Rising from the grave only sounds stupid to someone who does not believe it. I am sure musch of your beliefs are stupid to someone else.
So you are saying that skeletons rise ? or does the skeleton immediately forms the body(decomposed) around itself when this event happens ?
And are you insinuating against cremation ? Beliefs need NOT be stupid

lostwanderingsoul

You will have to study other religions if you want to learn more about the second coming of Jesus and the resurrection of the dead. I did not say beliefs are stupid, I said they may sound stupid to someone who does not understand them.

RamaRaksha

*banned*
Do you not believe there will be any justice? There will be justice, and God will justly judge those who have sinned and rebelled against Him, this is hardly unreasonable.

Doesn't everyone want justice? Perhaps only a man afraid of the wrongs he has committed himself wouldn't want it.

Your talk is laced with fear - your religion was born when Kings ruled with an iron fist - Dictators, Strong men ruled the day and it seems your religion made God in his image. Get down on your knees, shaking with fear, beg for his mercy. A Dictator like Saddam or Kim Jong-IL will reward their cronies and torture and abuse those who speak out. Is that your God? No free speech allowed? What exactly is my crime?

You talk justice but what you really mean is vengeance. Torture is not justice - if you run over my dog, killing your dog is not justice. Using threats of violence is not justice - you are better off in a dictator-ruled country

My God Rama is my father - He would never harm me. As I posted it is how you view God. Hinduism has never taught us to view God as Master - more as a Parent or Teacher and under a Teacher free speech is more than allowed it is encouraged. We Humans are curious creatures, it is our duty to wonder and ask questions - one should not be condemned for it

Attitude like yours creates countries where there is no democracy - you love it as long as your religion dominates but the minute another religion imposes their views, that's when you realize the value of democracy

RamaRaksha

*banned*
god says everyone will get a chance to repent when Jesus returns and the dead rise from their graves. Everyone will have an equal chance to repent and be saved. Religions that do not teach this are not teaching what the Bible says. They are teaching their own made up ideas.

Just cry some croc tears and you are good? Repent for what? Things that you know that you did wrong? What about things that you have no clue that you did anything wrong? As an animal lover i see horrible things being perpetuated on animals in factory farms - live animals tortured and brutalized, crying for death. Male chicks are not needed by the industry, so they get thrown alive into shredders! Just Babies! Babies are cut open by these shredders! or they are thrown into plastic bags and they die for lack of air. Every tried fishing? Think of how much fun it would be if someone put a hook thru your jaw and yanked you around! Fun, isn't it?

What about a racist? He thinks he is perfectly correct. What about those who hate Gays?Atheists? women? They don't think they are doing anything wrong

The whole idea of repentance sounds cheap - religion coming up with a cheap and easy way out. Recently we have had gun violence in this country, innocents murdered. The relatives of those killed say they will never forgive the man who did it. Just saying i am sorry i was wrong is not enough - one cannot bring back the loved ones - you have to do more

But that is not what your religion teaches- it is happy to teach an easy way out and followers are happy to grab it

RamaRaksha

*banned*
You will have to study other religions if you want to learn more about the second coming of Jesus and the resurrection of the dead. I did not say beliefs are stupid, I said they may sound stupid to someone who does not understand them.

Knight in shining armor is going to come save us damsels in distress - the cry of the weak even in this day

RamaRaksha

*banned*
In other words you do NOT have an answer. You are only just pushing everything on god. How many of the people who missed to repent having died in accidents? There has to so so many! So all these people are doomed for eternity? Sorry my dear this is where abrahmic faiths look childish and exposed

Kalyan - the reason why Hinduism preaches Reincarnation is that so we pay our debts - not just repent for them. Talk is cheap - to cry a few croc tears of repentance is easy and that is what these religions are teaching - take the easy way out - don't worry God will let you cheat your creditors and victims

That is not right - if you left debts - you must pay them. If you harmed someone, repent yes, that is a good first step, but while other religions stop there - you are good to go, Hinduism says you must come back and repair the harm that you have done

That is the right thing to do

lostwanderingsoul

My religion does not teach that millions of people are sitting on their butts doing nothing. People who have dies are dead. Period Just dead. But Jesus will return and give them new life. Then Jesus will set up His kingdom and all these people will have jobs and responsibilities, they will not sit around doing nothing. God does not believe in cheating victims and creditors. Everyone will learn to live lives of caring and responsibity.

kalyan

Aspiring Sri VaishNava
Can't believe an educated person is writing this fantasy story

So, what is God waiting for? When is this great day going to come? Some day the knight in shining armor is going to come save us? We get to live in magic land?

Simple primitive ideas of the past, when people lived under Kings and it was the kings who decided what kind of a life a person had - these were top-down societies - the populace had little power - it was the King, Emperor or Strong man who decided how things were run. The Subject/slave/servant's quality and quantity of life depended on how good the king was. Those were the times when these religions were born - they didn't have democracy at that time - they didn't know any better and so that was the concept of God that they came up with

Today, we live in a bottom-up society - one man rule is gone - we don't live under kings, dictators or strong men anymore - well the lucky ones do not - unfortunately some still do and they will tell you how horrible it is. We get to make the rules, we get to decide what kind of a life we want

But there is a problem - we can't blame anyone if our life stinks - we have to take the blame - 2nd - no one will give us anything, nothing is free - everything has to be earned - success or failure falls on our shoulders

And that is what the weak don't like - they love the idea of a magic Sugar Daddy who will just "give" the good life to everyone - everyone will be happy

It is a myth, a fantasy - that's all. I do think a heaven exists though - God weeding out the weak - death is eternal - you have told God that you are weak, can't handle life on your own - you need a Sugar Daddy to take care of you. It's not going to happen - all you will get is death - eternal death
Your strong points directly expose their faith and they are not brave enough to admit it either

Sultan Of Swing

Your talk is laced with fear - your religion was born when Kings ruled with an iron fist - Dictators, Strong men ruled the day and it seems your religion made God in his image. Get down on your knees, shaking with fear, beg for his mercy. A Dictator like Saddam or Kim Jong-IL will reward their cronies and torture and abuse those who speak out. Is that your God? No free speech allowed? What exactly is my crime?

You talk justice but what you really mean is vengeance. Torture is not justice - if you run over my dog, killing your dog is not justice. Using threats of violence is not justice - you are better off in a dictator-ruled country

My God Rama is my father - He would never harm me. As I posted it is how you view God. Hinduism has never taught us to view God as Master - more as a Parent or Teacher and under a Teacher free speech is more than allowed it is encouraged. We Humans are curious creatures, it is our duty to wonder and ask questions - one should not be condemned for it

Attitude like yours creates countries where there is no democracy - you love it as long as your religion dominates but the minute another religion imposes their views, that's when you realize the value of democracy
Why did democracy become commonplace in the Christian West before Hindu India then? There is nothing wrong with seeking justice, your denial seems to be the one laced with fear, to not be held accountable for your actions.

Sultan Of Swing

Can't believe an educated person is writing this fantasy story

So, what is God waiting for? When is this great day going to come? Some day the knight in shining armor is going to come save us? We get to live in magic land?

Simple primitive ideas of the past, when people lived under Kings and it was the kings who decided what kind of a life a person had - these were top-down societies - the populace had little power - it was the King, Emperor or Strong man who decided how things were run. The Subject/slave/servant's quality and quantity of life depended on how good the king was. Those were the times when these religions were born - they didn't have democracy at that time - they didn't know any better and so that was the concept of God that they came up with

Today, we live in a bottom-up society - one man rule is gone - we don't live under kings, dictators or strong men anymore - well the lucky ones do not - unfortunately some still do and they will tell you how horrible it is. We get to make the rules, we get to decide what kind of a life we want

But there is a problem - we can't blame anyone if our life stinks - we have to take the blame - 2nd - no one will give us anything, nothing is free - everything has to be earned - success or failure falls on our shoulders

And that is what the weak don't like - they love the idea of a magic Sugar Daddy who will just "give" the good life to everyone - everyone will be happy

It is a myth, a fantasy - that's all. I do think a heaven exists though - God weeding out the weak - death is eternal - you have told God that you are weak, can't handle life on your own - you need a Sugar Daddy to take care of you. It's not going to happen - all you will get is death - eternal death
This story you're spinning of what Christianity is like, about a time when people lived under strongmen, is false because it totally misses the subversive nature of Christianity in the first century under the Roman Empire. The strongmen of the time were persecuting and burning Christians, this is no strongman religion but a religion of sacrifice and love.

Sultan Of Swing

Sir just a religion telling you what you want to hear. Easy way out of the back door - have debts? don't worry God will help you cheat your victims and creditors? How can you be so shameless? Sins paid for? Anyone ask the victims if their debts have been paid off?

Eternal life and joy? Just a fantasy - God has nothing better to do than keep millions in comfort - you mean there are millions of people right now just sitting on their collective butts doing nothing? Snoring away eternity? And that's God's grand plan?

Sir, Cartoon lands do not exist - religion is playing you for the fool. Heaven is fool's gold
Sir non-religion is telling you what you want to hear. Easy way out of all the wrong you've done. Done something bad? Don't worry there is no God to hold you accountable, or if there is a God He isn't interested in holding you accountable, there is no justice.

I'm not saying the above is true, but the accusations can fly both ways.

RamaRaksha

*banned*
Why did democracy become commonplace in the Christian West before Hindu India then? There is nothing wrong with seeking justice, your denial seems to be the one laced with fear, to not be held accountable for your actions.

Er India IS a democracy - the British didn't bring us democracy, we already had it. The Buddha went around Hindu India freely proselytizing and sharing his ideas - nothing happened to him. If the Buddha had been born in Europe in medieval times, the would have been branded a heretic and tortured to death. There would be no Buddhism today. No Jainism, Sikhism either. That's what democracy means - freedom of speech and ideas - where is the freedom in your religion? none. Just get down on your knees and beg for mercy?

As for being held accountable - that is what Reincarnation is all about - if you die owing a debt, you must come back and repay - that is what being held accountable means. No Hindu is asked to just beg and cry for mercy and look for an easy way out - that's cheating your creditors and victims. Being abused in Hell is not justice, it is vengeance. No Justice in your God's realm - shows again that these are man-made medieval ideas that you are blindly following

RamaRaksha

*banned*
Sir non-religion is telling you what you want to hear. Easy way out of all the wrong you've done. Done something bad? Don't worry there is no God to hold you accountable, or if there is a God He isn't interested in holding you accountable, there is no justice.

I'm not saying the above is true, but the accusations can fly both ways.

God and the criminal get together and after a few croc tears from the criminal, he is forgiven and off he goes to heaven to enjoy? How is that justice? Where is the 3rd person in this? Where is the victim? How come he doesn't get to chime in? Just a religion happy to tell the criminal what he wants to hear - just repent, cry a few croc tears on your deathbed and you are done, nice God will forgive. nice God will cheat the victim?

Happened at Penn State a few years ago - the pedophile was found out a long time ago - the coach, the admin and the pedophile got together, the pedophile cried, promised he would never do it again, and they let him go! Who was missing from this meeting? The innocent victim, the poor child! They didn't bring him in because the kid or his parents wouldn't be in such a hurry to forgive, they would ask for the law to be brought in, the pedophile to be jailed! That's why they shut out the victim, as does your religion

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member

WHAT!!!
You mean others might think me stupid for believing in the Easter Bunny?
The horrors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RamaRaksha

*banned*
Your strong points directly expose their faith and they are not brave enough to admit it either

You seem to be Hindu and i think i might have posted this to you earlier - i am a lit bothered by the writing that you have after your post - you are a slave of someone? Sir, Hinduism has never taught such ideas - we are ALL born Children of God - our goal is Moksha - to become a God! Aham Brahmasmi - why do you say you are a slave? That is demeaning yourself. A slave is just a blind robot - just does what he is told? That is not Hinduism

We are told that we are responsible for our karmas - our actions - our choices - it is asking us to think and reflect on our choices - be a student. If you want to say you are a student of someone that is fine. The difference between a slave and a student? A master says the sky is green and the slave blindly agrees, whereas every student must disagree! Please do not think blind obedience is something that God finds appealing - it is not

RamaRaksha

*banned*
WHAT!!!
You mean others might think me stupid for believing in the Easter Bunny?
The horrors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saw this in a movie once - zombies coming out of the ground - we will have a zombie land ruled by a zombie God

He is right, not stupid at all - just scary

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
God and the criminal get together and after a few croc tears from the criminal, he is forgiven and off he goes to heaven to enjoy? How is that justice? Where is the 3rd person in this? Where is the victim? How come he doesn't get to chime in? Just a religion happy to tell the criminal what he wants to hear - just repent, cry a few croc tears on your deathbed and you are done, nice God will forgive. nice God will cheat the victim?

Happened at Penn State a few years ago - the pedophile was found out a long time ago - the coach, the admin and the pedophile got together, the pedophile cried, promised he would never do it again, and they let him go! Who was missing from this meeting? The innocent victim, the poor child! They didn't bring him in because the kid or his parents wouldn't be in such a hurry to forgive, they would ask for the law to be brought in, the pedophile to be jailed! That's why they shut out the victim, as does your religion

That is an interesting view point.
What about the victim indeed!
So a guy goes into the confession booth and cries to the priest that he violated
a 10 year old girl and was never caught for this.
Does the priest say "you are forgiven, don't do it again." and it's o.k. now????
Don't seem like there is any justice in this does it?

RamaRaksha

*banned*
That is an interesting view point.
What about the victim indeed!
So a guy goes into the confession booth and cries to the priest that he violated
a 10 year old girl and was never caught for this.
Does the priest say "you are forgiven, don't do it again." and it's o.k. now????
Don't seem like there is any justice in this does it?

Exactly - no wonder it is done in the dark, in a dark booth where no one can hear. Confession should be done in the open, that is what repentance means - it means coming clean - to become a changed person - to come forward and be held accountable for the wrongs that were done and take the punishment

That's not what this religion teaches - they speak with a forked tongue - they tell the victim that God will punish the criminal and then they tell the criminal that nice God will forgive, just cry some croc tears - its all about conversions - all about making sure both the victim and the criminal stay in the religion - all about religion - nothing to do with God or justice

The sad thing about all this is that i seem to be the only one saying this - have you ever read this in any article, letter or editorial asking the same question? Not one christian has ever questioned this kind of behavior as wrong - not one said how is this right? Not one asked about the victim. Way too many quite happy to drink the kool-aid of heaven and stop questioning

lostwanderingsoul

God never gave any church the power to forgive wrongdoing. Only God can forgive and only when you seriously try to stop the wrong behavior.