• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is a liar?

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
My apologies for the mocking tone. I just get this a lot and when asked how someone observes God I usually get tons of non answers.

I still don't know how you know God is good. I see you asserting that he is good, but I don't see any reason why. You state God is just, "The fullness of Good" and go from there and I have no idea what, "God created of himself," even means.

I can take your statement and replace God with Satan, Allah, Zeus, Myself, Krishna, Xenu, etc and it would still be just as meaningful.

None of this however answers how you observed and analyzed a being that is, by most Christian definitions, beyond time and space and thus beyond our ability to comprehend.

I guess a good question to ask would be, how do you define God, and go from there.

I don't believe God is only beyond, but inward also. So, He is observable in everything existing.

I don't know all the answers, so i'll let you guide me a little. I don't doubt that I can learn from you. I'll try to ask a few questions so that we start on the same page.

Is there anything that is useless?

Do you agree that, "Energy can neither be created nor destroyed?"

I have theories concerning what people consider facts. So if you can think of anything factual, I'll try to use it as a starting point.

Blackdog22

I don't believe God is only beyond, but inward also. So, He is observable in everything existing.

I don't know all the answers, so i'll let you guide me a little. I don't doubt that I can learn from you. I'll try to ask a few questions so that we start on the same page.

Is there anything that is useless?

Do you agree that, "Energy can neither be created nor destroyed?"

I have theories concerning what people consider facts. So if you can think of anything factual, I'll try to use it as a starting point.

I believe that is the first law of thermodynamics. Yes, I do agree with that. I want to start off by saying I am no physicist so I don't know the exact argument that is made concerning this, but I believe it has to do with the idea that the Big Bang set in motion the energy that we have, as well as created time and space as we know it.

I am assuming your position is that before the Big Bang there was energy and a creator? If I am wrong just skip this whole paragraph and we can feed off my first paragraph. I would say that if you want to take it back before the Big Bang I could only say that I don't know what happened. Science may one day figure it out, some source of energy could of caused it to happen, it could also of been blue men, aliens, Krishna, etc. I don't know at this point.

I would also say that 75% of Physicists don't follow the idea of a creator. This is of course an appeal to numbers, but numbers of people that are experts in the field we are talking about. Then there are the 25% that believe a creator is possible, I for now have to go with the 75% just based on the fact that they are more knowledgeable than me on this topic.

riley2112

I would also say that 75% of Physicists don't follow the idea of a creator. This is of course an appeal to numbers, but numbers of people that are experts in the field we are talking about. Then there are the 25% that believe a creator is possible, I for now have to go with the 75% just based on the fact that they are more knowledgeable than me on this topic.
Just something to think about, the 25% of physicists that you say believe in a creater are more knowledgeable they you on this topic also. Don't you think?

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
I believe that is the first law of thermodynamics. Yes, I do agree with that. I want to start off by saying I am no physicist so I don't know the exact argument that is made concerning this, but I believe it has to do with the idea that the Big Bang set in motion the energy that we have, as well as created time and space as we know it.

I am assuming your position is that before the Big Bang there was energy and a creator? If I am wrong just skip this whole paragraph and we can feed off my first paragraph. I would say that if you want to take it back before the Big Bang I could only say that I don't know what happened. Science may one day figure it out, some source of energy could of caused it to happen, it could also of been blue men, aliens, Krishna, etc. I don't know at this point.

I'm just using that law to clarify my statement, "God created of Himself."

As for the rest of my statements - Existence must be good. Time must be good. Space must be good. How good each of these are (attributes, potential for action, actions), and according to what relations, could be determined by moving backwards from God's Biblical attributes and actions. God is obviously acting according to His attributes and their relations to each instance of existence.

I know I'm not adequately answering some of your questions, just keep clarifying for me. I have a pretty short memory, so I forget what I'm meaning to detail at times. This is just a short look into statements that explain the universe, for me at least.

Blackdog22

Just something to think about, the 25% of physicists that you say believe in a creater are more knowledgeable they you on this topic also. Don't you think?

The 25% are more knowledgeable than me on this topic, but my point if the overwhelming majority (the 75%) disagrees with the 25%. So since I am not a physicist I will go with what the majority of the experts in this field believe.

riley2112

The 25% are more knowledgeable than me on this topic, but my point if the overwhelming majority (the 75%) disagrees with the 25%. So since I am not a physicist I will go with what the majority of the experts in this field believe.
Ok, well now I know that I really should not ask , but I just got to know . There are about 7 billion people on the planet. Over 6 billion believe in God in one type or another , so why not go with the majority on that one? Sorry , I have a lot of time on my hands for the next couple of days and those are the thing that wander around my mind.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Ok, well now I know that I really should not ask , but I just got to know . There are about 7 billion people on the planet. Over 6 billion believe in God in one type or another , so why not go with the majority on that one? Sorry , I have a lot of time on my hands for the next couple of days and those are the thing that wander around my mind.
majority of people are uninformed uneducated idiots who only know what that the Sheppard tell them

Blackdog22

Because religion isn't a science that can be studied. I could also point out that most of the major religions are exclusive and leave no room for any other religion. This itself means a portion of that 6 billion have to be delusional or there are multiple Gods somewhere beyond time and space, but no holy book that I have read makes room for such an idea.

If I were rich and constructing a plane I would stick with a design that is accepted by the 80%. The reason why is because that has to do with reality, it has been studied, it has evidence behind it, I can watch previous designs, etc. If there was 20% that still thought prop planes were the best idea ever, I would likely ignore them.

riley2112

Because religion isn't a science that can be studied. I could also point out that most of the major religions are exclusive and leave no room for any other religion. This itself means a portion of that 6 billion have to be delusional or there are multiple Gods somewhere beyond time and space, but no holy book that I have read makes room for such an idea.

You are right about that, religion isn't a science, and I also understand your point about 6 billion people not agreeing on the same religion. Come to think of it , getting people to agree on much of anything can be difficult. I think I will try it tonight by order pizza and asking 5 people what they what on the pizza. I wonder how many answers I will get. You would think that sooner or later we would all wise up. But then who would be the judge of what is wise? I bet no one would agree on that either. We are just screwed , aren't we?:(

St Giordano Bruno

I did not look on him as a liar but I could not help accusing him as a mass murderer, a vandal and an arsonist. But that was OK at the time in my life I believed in him because he is God. I just though t is was a means of proving his omnipotence to us humble humans very wrecking the odd city with earthquakes or floods etc. He could do anything he darn well likes I thought.