• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God in Buddhism - Is it a religion?

Me Myself

Back to my username
Please understand me , I know i was rude but please try to understand the circumstance from where I am coming from.

*excuse
*excuse
*excuse
*excuse

You have been reported to mods

Name callin towards other members (Like "idiot") are against the rules, no matter how much you think he is nuts or "retarded". It is against the rules.

If you are unable to talk rspectfully about people thatbelieve in things dramaticaly different than yours maybe religious discussin is not for you because you do are expected to remain civil.

you showed good wisdom when talking about hate in the thread in hinduism DIR and if you take good time to reflect and meditate on this attitude you´ll surely find how and where this lousy conducts in your messages damage your message (that you think it´s the actual original one from buddha) and also is hurtful to people around you.

If you have nothing to learn fro other people then you don´t need this forum.

I will probably actually read what you put me up there in another moment, I am honestly mad now, and wouldn´t give a fair mindful response to them.

all in all I do expect an apology, for I did not call you names and I do not accept your insult.

Tell me, if somebody gives you a present and you don´t accept it, of who is the present?

You were an angry person, and religion is meant to make us better, I get that and I hope you find your peace. Do must stress again, if you can´t remain civil, practice your religion for yoruself and restrain from places where you are going to be unable to mantain ahimsa.

thats all from me for you and for now.

Last edited:

Name callin towards other members (Like "idiot") are against the rules, no matter how much you think he is nuts or "retarded". It is against the rules.

If you are unable to talk rspectfully about people thatbelieve in things dramaticaly different than yours maybe religious discussin is not for you because you do are expected to remain civil.

you showed good wisdom when talking about hate in the thread in hinduism DIR and if you take good time to reflect and meditate on this attitude you´ll surely find how and where this lousy conducts in your messages damage your message (that you think it´s the actual original one from buddha) and also is hurtful to people around you.

I will probably actually read what you put me up there in another moment, I am honestly mad now, and wouldn´t give a fair mindful response to them.

all in all I do expect an apology, for I did not call you names and I do not accept your insult.

Tell me, if somebody gives you a present and you don´t accept it, of who is the present?

You were an angry person, and religion is meant to make us better, I get that and I hope you find your peace. Do must stress again, if you can´t remain civil, practice your religion for yoruself and restrain from places where you are going to be unable to mantain ahimsa.

Ok now you are Mad just because I called you an Idiot.......And you think I should NOT BE MAD when you twist and turn the facts of Buddhism ??????. You say Buddhism has aspects of Hinduism and you even called him a God and u dont expect me to go mad???

Why dont u goto a Muslim forum and call Mohammed a God or to a Christian forum and say Jesus was not a God??????...U hypocratic person.......Just because Buddhist dont mind does not give you the RIGHT to twist the Buddhist religion.

OK???????????

The rule also say that while you are debating You are not supposed to Twist and turn the facts of a religion.

why dont u goto a Muslim forum and say Mohammad was God just like you said about Buddha?.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Ok now you are Mad just because I called you an Idiot.......And you think I should NOT BE MAD when you twist and turn the facts of Buddhism ??????. You say Buddhism has aspects of Hinduism and you even called him a God and u dont expect me to go mad???

Why dont u goto a Muslim forum and call Mohammed a God or to a Christian forum and say Jesus was not a God??????...U hypocratic person.......Just because Buddhist dont mind does not give you the RIGHT to twist the Buddhist religion.

OK???????????

The rule also say that while you are debating You are not supposed to Twist and turn the facts of a religion.

why dont u goto a Muslim forum and say Mohammad was God just like you said about Buddha?.

If you where so kind as to ask sources for my claims I woulld have been so kind to provide them to you.

I am speaking pure buddhist teachings. You are too angry to realize.

If you where so kind as to ask sources for my claims I woulld have been so kind to provide them to you.

WELL, if that nonsense thought of your makes you happy then so be it. But dont twist the Buddhist teachings to be the same as your own delusion. My job was to make you understand the true teachings but if you so Ego filled to think that

YOUR INTERPRETATION = BUDDHIST INTERPRETATION.

Then I am not so enlightened to help you. Perhaps you need a good therevada Monk to tell you the facts. Why dont u read Ajahn Buddhadasa and what he has to say about God in Buddhism.

Ajahn Buddhadasa - many claimed he was an Arhant explains Buddhism to you.

Perhaps it will not hurt your ego if you read this once:

Buddhadasa Bhikkhu: Chapter 1: Looking At Buddhism - Dharmaweb

Maybe then you will stop believing that Buddha was God or Buddha believed in God

wmjbyatt

Lunatic from birth
Gentlemen, let's keep the personal squabbling to something that can occur over private messages or some such thing. This is not the venue for that kind of bickering.

Indian_buddhist:
I think you are expressing a monopolistic view of the Buddhadharma. That is, The Buddha was certainly a great rationalist, and a great individualist (the Kalama Sutra shows this quite beautifully), but he was also a great transcendentalist and a great meditator. The Buddha's Enlightenment came while meditating, and the Prajna Paramita Sutras (most especially the Heart and Diamond Sutras) express a very powerful direction towards super-rationalism. That is, I think--and many great arhats, boddhistavas, and teachers of many schools of the Buddhadharma agree with me--that the True Dharma of the Buddha is inexpressible, and thus that the Expressed Dharma of the Buddha is merely an approximation.

What pain can there be in allowing alternative expressions? I think Me Myself was quite intelligent in using the Finger To The Moon metaphor. If your practice of the Dharma is one built on rational examination and sticking to the most "authentic" of Sutras, good for you.

Personally, I draw my teaching from the entire world. I draw my learning from the Buddha, and from St Augustine, and from Thich Nhat Hanh and from Rumi. I also draw from H.H. The XIV Dalai Lama and the passing cars and my friends and my family and from Angus Young and Robert Plant. I also meditate and examine with reason.

But reason itself is nothing by a highly powerful biological adaptation. It has no transcendent access to truth. Only the application towards truth by the individual receives truth, and meditation and Tantric Buddhism are as valuable paths towards that as reason and the Pali Canon.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Dont give me Tibetian nonsense.....I already told you it is a corrupt form of Buddhism.......SHOW ME THE SCRIPTURES OF BUDDHA AND WHAT BUDDHA HAS HIMSELF SAID......

NOT WHAT DALAI LAMA HAS SAID.

Hope I am clear.

Authentic form of Buddhism is BUDDHAS WORDS IN SCRIPTURES..........NOT DALAI LAMAS NONSENSE.
Hmmmmmmm. Did the Buddha write down his teachings?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Wow. This thread got interesting, didn't it?

Vajrayana isn't true Buddhism.....been a while since I heard that one, but man, ya gotta love that tenacity and that spunk, huh?

Me Myself

Back to my username
Hmmmmmmm. Did the Buddha write down his teachings?

I Do would think that his words were at least fairly accurately depicted in the texts provided by Theravada.

I´ve read he even talked in ways that were easier to remember un purpose, even tedious for normal western habits of reading because of all the repetition.

The fact that even today we can find people with such a great capacity of memory for some texts and the lucidity of what I´ve heard would attest to that I think.

Wow. This thread got interesting, didn't it?

Vajrayana isn't true Buddhism.....been a while since I heard that one, but man, ya gotta love that tenacity and that spunk, huh?

He could have stayed ina DIR for his kind of believe on buddhism, I see there are also categories here, but oh well.

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
As a Zen Buddhist, who has extensively studied most of the various branches of Buddhism, especially the big and popular ones, I fail to see how one could say that Vajrayana/Tibetan Buddhism isn't Buddhism. A careful study will reveal that all the elements of Tibetan, no matter how esoteric, can actually be traced back to the Pali Canon.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
My own personal understanding is that as long as a teaching contains (and doesn't otherwise contradict) the Three Seals of the Dharma, it can be considered Buddhist. Vajrayana meets that standard.

For those who have strong attachment to one particular school of Buddhism or set of Sutras or teachings being "right" or "true", here is a fascinating article from Tricycle magazine:

http://www.tricycle.com/feature/whose-buddhism-truest

Last edited:

Tathagata

Freethinker
The Vajrayana cult of Dalia lama does not even represent the true teachings of Buddha. They are a corrupted form of Buddhism thanks to Hindu influence and India from where this cult was form.

Authentic forms of Buddhism are Therevada and Mayayana - the great vehicle.

The Dalai Lama isn't Vajrayana. Yes, he's the "spiritual leader" of the Tibetan Buddhists, a Vajrayana Sect, but he himself doesn't even believe his followers claim that he is a deity. He seems to have a very rational and philosophical approach to Buddhism, far different from the superstitious Vajrayana/Tibetan traditions. He's like a pure Buddhist, disassociated from sectarianism and seems to be a scholar on both Mahayana and Theravada scripture and adherent of both.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friends,
Personal understanding is that GAUTAMA was part of the tradition which is labelled SANATAN DHARMA and he evolved the concept of VOID or NOTHINGNESS further.

The link is helpful in that understanding of the origination os the VOID, NOTHINGNESS concept.

Personal understanding is that SANATAN DHARMA is not a religion it is a way of life and every ways of life are part of that which is ETERNAL [sanatan] as they help us merge with the LAWS OF EXISTENCE or DHARMA!

Love & rgds