• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God Has A Name.?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

COGTHW

The God of heaven, Creator, Living Fire, LORD God, I Am, Elohim, El-Elyon, JEHOVAH,etc. All these are titles but God of those titles have a name. ( By Scriptures Do You Know This Name.? )

'And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.' Zechariah 14:9

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
You mean Yahweh? Yeah, we're on good terms.

Old news, bro.

Ben Avraham

The God of heaven, Creator, Living Fire, LORD God, I Am, Elohim, El-Elyon, JEHOVAH,etc. All these are titles but God of those titles have a name. ( By Scriptures Do You Know This Name.? )

'And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.' Zechariah 14:9

No, I don't. And I would not even pray to know the name of HaShem because if He denied it to Moses of all people, He would never give it to me. When Moses asked Him what to say to the Israelites if they asked for HaShem's name, He said, "Just tell them that "I Am" sent you to them. (Exodus 3:9-15)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

God of scripture doesn't have a name. That's one reason Jews use G-d as his name because to define him is to (in my view) do the same thing as they did in the OT making gold idols and worshiping the idols. It's like trying to define god and being an adjective, that's exactly what an adjective does.

I'd stick with I AM. I call god life because god encompasses all we know, see, our environment, and our experiences.

In mainstream Christianity, god's name is Jesus Christ. It's another way to idolize and define god in order to relate to him.

I'd stick with just believing in god without needing to call him anything. Even "him" is idolishish.

COGTHW

God of scripture doesn't have a name. That's one reason Jews use G-d as his name because to define him is to (in my view) do the same thing as they did in the OT making gold idols and worshiping the idols. It's like trying to define god and being an adjective, that's exactly what an adjective does.

I'd stick with I AM. I call god life because god encompasses all we know, see, our environment, and our experiences.

In mainstream Christianity, god's name is Jesus Christ. It's another way to idolize and define god in order to relate to him.

I'd stick with just believing in god without needing to call him anything. Even "him" is idolishish.

God name is Jesus Christ According to Scriptures.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
"Christ" is a title.

And according to orthodox Christian interpretation, 'Jesus' is the name of the Son, not the Father. Either you are a troll or you are spectacularly ignorant of Christian doctrine. Or both. I don't know.

COGTHW

God name is Jesus Christ. His name was, that in the beginning of time but keep a secret until time to be announced. 43 'I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.' John 5:34 the flesh = Son came in the Father = God name. Hallelujah Jesus we love this morning. Jesus proclaims His Deity. 8 'I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.' Revelation 1:8 ; Jesus Christ is His name. ; 16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.' 1 Timothy 3:16

COGTHW

"Christ" is a title.

And according to orthodox Christian interpretation, 'Jesus' is the name of the Son, not the Father. Either you are a troll or you are spectacularly ignorant of Christian doctrine. Or both. I don't know.

God name is Jesus Christ. His name was, that in the beginning of time but keep a secret until time to be announced. 43 'I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.' John 5:34 the flesh = Son came in the Father = God name. Hallelujah Jesus we love this morning. Jesus proclaims His Deity. 8 'I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.' Revelation 1:8 ; Jesus Christ is His name. ; 16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.' 1 Timothy 3:16

COGTHW

No it isn't. That's his son's name. God has no name. To put a name to him is an insult and trying to define a god that cannot be defined.

Your god don't have a name. God says He has a name He didn't want to tell the people in the OT because they were in the Law. 29 'And Jacob asked him, and said, 'Tell me, I pray thee, thy name'. And he said, 'Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name?' And he blessed him there.' Genesis 32:29 God do have a name. Your god don't. Jesus said He came in the Fathers' name. Then Jesus said He is God. 8 'I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.' Revelation 1:8. Jesus is God

COGTHW

No it isn't. That's his son's name. God has no name. To put a name to him is an insult and trying to define a god that cannot be defined.

Why do you think God came in that name.? Because He is the Savior. 21 'Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.'

22 'Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.' Isaiah 45:21-22 ; God is the Savior right.?? "Look unto me and be ye saved". How God.? In the name of Jesus Christ. 12 'Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.' Acts 4:12 Jesus is God name. That is Scripture. I'm not saying it with a big head. I'm a preacher that's just how I talk. Hallelujah Jesus. Glory to your name.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
"You are ignoring content by this member. Show Ignored Content."

Nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.