• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God cannot have Form?

atanu

Premium Member
Perhaps I should start a thread on "non-dual worship" and we explore this further if it is of interest to you or anyone? :)

Sure Onkara. That will be a valuable thread, provided all agree that there the Truth is one that sages call by many names. :)

Yeshe Dawa

Lotus Born
Perhaps I should start a thread on "non-dual worship" and we explore this further if it is of interest to you or anyone? :)

Hi Onkara!

I've been trying to follow the thread as best I can, but I'm confused. Are you saying that worship is possible where duality breaks down? I always assumed that worship was just a path to such a state. Once across the river, the boat is abandoned - or at least I thought. Sorry if I butted in while the grown ups were talking!:)

Peace and blessings,
Yeshe
:flower2:

Onkara

Hello Yeshe
Always feel welcome to put forward your view or challenge mine! That makes it fun :)
I will try to start a new post on worship and no duality, but to answer you question briefly, my position is that worship can and still has a place in the nondual perspective, although that purpose may have changed (or as you say the boat has done its job). In a friendly way I am challenging Atanu ji who says above that the Self cannot be worshipped. Really I am challenging the Samkhya or Vedanta perspective that the Self is actionless by saying that both action and inaction are One. I will expand on that in a new OP, as although it is related to God's form, it will take some friendly debate to arrive back at the OP of this thread. :)

Last edited:

Yeshe Dawa

Lotus Born
Hello Yeshe
Always feel welcome to put forward your view or challenge mine! That makes it fun :)
I will try to start a new post on worship and no duality, but to answer you question briefly, my position is that worship can and still has a place in the nondual perspective, although that purpose may have changed (or as you say the boat has done its job). In a friendly way I am challenging Atanu ji who says above that the Self cannot be worshipped. Really I am challenging the Samkhya or Vedanta perspective that the Self is actionless by saying that both action and inaction are One. I will expand on that in a new OP, as although it is related to God's form, it will take some friendly debate to arrive back at the OP of this thread. :)

Hi Onkara!

I'm looking forward to the new thread - I know I will learn alot! I like your blog by the way - I saw the link at the bottom of your post. That's neat how you have your own website!

Peace and blessings,
Yeshe

ratikala

Istha gosthi
dear prabhuji's

please , please ,

every guru is a good guru whilst he is opening minds , every school of philosophy is valid if it sreves to promote an understanding of dharma , all gurus and schools may differ in translation , emphasis and approach , but what the heck so do we !
allthough here we speak(some times light heartedly)we should be carefull not to commit an aprada :(

may I tell you a story..............

one day we were cleaning the temple , whilst tidying the book shelves a very senior devotee pulled out a book , exclaiming "OH YOU CAN THROW THIS OUT , IVE READ IT , HES GOT IT ALL WRONG !" ..........on the cover was a beautifull illustration of sri nathji , which I fell in love with streight away , so addopted it and took it home , some time latter prehaps through boredom or curiosity , I dont know which , I began to read ...it was the most beautifull story telling how sri nathji appeared to satisfy his devotees . now this story illustrates two points , firstly that god may appear in any such form as he likes , and at any time he so wishes :) and secondly that whilst this dear book held no worth to such a philosopicaly high minded devotee , to me it was so full of bhakti that i have cherished it ever since .

so prehaps prabhuji's ......we should debate a little less and search for god a little more , sorry I am being very cheaky for such a new member :D:D

no realy its very interesting but some what mind numbing we need to develop an abbility to read between the lines a little more , you all have some wonderfull points but having read through so much in one sitting im feeling a little fatigued....... can god have form ? :yes: we just need to develop the heart and mind to see it , hear it ... ...................prehaps later another story , as between the lines of some of the most simple storys one will find the sweetest rass .

how ever dont take any offence from my comments I'm just an ireversable theist so excuse me I must be of , flowers to pick , and their lordships to serve :)

dandervatts ot all :bow:

ratikala

Yeshe Dawa

Lotus Born
may I tell you a story..............

one day we were cleaning the temple , whilst tidying the book shelves a very senior devotee pulled out a book , exclaiming "OH YOU CAN THROW THIS OUT , IVE READ IT , HES GOT IT ALL WRONG !" ..........on the cover was a beautifull illustration of sri nathji , which I fell in love with streight away , so addopted it and took it home , some time latter prehaps through boredom or curiosity , I dont know which , I began to read ...it was the most beautifull story telling how sri nathji appeared to satisfy his devotees . now this story illustrates two points , firstly that god may appear in any such form as he likes , and at any time he so wishes :) and secondly that whilst this dear book held no worth to such a philosopicaly high minded devotee , to me it was so full of bhakti that i have cherished it ever since .

Hi Ratikala!

Thank you for sharing this story - I liked it very much! I like the point that god may appear in any form as he likes. There are indeed many paths to enlightenment.

Peace and blessings,
Yeshe

ratikala

Istha gosthi
Hi Ratikala!
I like the point that god may appear in any form as he likes. There are indeed many paths to enlightenment.

Yeshe
:flower2:[/quote

dear yeshe

just as tara appears from the tear of chenreizig :)
and out of anger chenreizigs peacefull form turns black and wrathfull :(

ratikala