• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God’s Omniscience

Treasure Hunter

The God which transcends spacetime writes the general structure for the story of your life. You are able to author details, but the general structure for your life is written. When you make a stand, identify with a higher version of self, and die to a reality check, then you force God to re-write and level up the general structure of your story.

In this way, the transcendent God both knows and doesn’t know the future. He doesn’t know who will make a stand and force him to level up their story. Will it be you?

The highest version of God wants you to make him level you up and re-write your story.

Treasure Hunter

To emphasize again, God provides the structure as the lead author of the story. The structure comes first. We access this structure through reality checks. After that, you have the authority to fill in the details of your life.

To deny God as the lead author, to deny your reality checks, is to be stuck in lower forms of meaning and purpose for your life.

Messianic Israelite

The future is a bunch of forks in the timeline, and not even God knows how it’s going to play out. The story is still being written.

Good evening Treasure Hunter.

"Remember the former things of old: for I am Elohim, and there is no one else; I am Elohim, and there is no one like me; 10 declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things that are not yet done; saying, My counsel will stand, and I will do all my pleasure; 11 calling a ravening bird from the east, the man of my counsel from a far country: yes, I have spoken, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed, I will also do it." (Isaiah 46:9-11)

You diminish Yahweh's abilities.

Yahweh knows the end from the beginning.

Treasure Hunter

"Remember the former things of old: for I am Elohim, and there is no one else; I am Elohim, and there is no one like me; 10 declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things that are not yet done; saying, My counsel will stand, and I will do all my pleasure; 11 calling a ravening bird from the east, the man of my counsel from a far country: yes, I have spoken, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed, I will also do it." (Isaiah 46:9-11)

You diminish Yahweh's abilities.

Yahweh knows the end from the beginning.
I agree that God knows the end. The (higher) will of God will be actualized. Still, he doesn’t know how the story goes in between. He doesn’t know which of us will do his (higher) will now or later.

Your conscious choice determines whether his lower or higher will actualizes in your life.

Messianic Israelite

I agree that God knows the end. The (higher) will of God will be actualized. Still, he doesn’t know how the story goes in between. He doesn’t know which of us will do his (higher) will now or later.

Your conscious choice determines whether his lower or higher will actualizes in your life.

Interesting thought. And one that is actually very profound. Why did Yahshua our Savior choose twelve disciples when one of them betrayed him? Did Yahshua make a mistake? Or, was this Yahweh's will from the beginning? Could Judas have remained faithful? How about King Saul? Yahweh chose King Saul to be king over Israel, and was Israel's first legitimate king, nonetheless, Saul also did not remain faithful and his dynasty was superseded by that of King David. Again, was this Yahweh's will all along, or was it mistake on Yahweh's part? When Yahweh unleashed plague after plague upon Pharaoh, sending Moses to confront him, Pharaoh was given chance after chance to repent and yet, Yahweh knew that Pharaoh would not change. Yahweh showed mercy to Pharaoh but why bother, when Yahweh knew Pharaoh would not let Israel go? Just some things you might want to consider. It's a complex subject because you have to realize Yahweh, the Heavenly Father, hides things from His people and perhaps even from His Son (Matthew 24:36) which I should add, makes the Trinity nonsense. EliYah also mentioned this in 2 Kings 4:27. Since it was the Son who pre-existed who had dealings with the human race and was known even by the Name Yahweh at times, it may well be that at times seeming mistakes made by the Almighty may have been actually His Son who did not have access to the full information as Yahweh the Father does.

Treasure Hunter

Why did Yahshua our Savior choose twelve disciples when one of them betrayed him? Did Yahshua make a mistake? Or, was this Yahweh's will from the beginning? Could Judas have remained faithful?
Let’s focus on this part. No, God didn’t make a mistake when Judas betrayed Jesus. It was his will for one of Christ’s disciples to betray him in order to progress the story. Did God know from the very beginning of the universe that this role would be played by a man named Judas at this specific moment in time? Definitely not.

The structure of the story was determined from the beginning, but the details were being written in real time once Christ came into being and got this part of the story in motion. Could Judas have repented and not fulfilled his role? Repentance is always available to us within our reality checks, but Judas likely had already denied his opportunities to repent, so he was on the track of acting out the thoughts and impulses God was authoring for him in real time.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Uhm... Weird. Reality is an RPG?

Do we choose our roles? Or does the omniscient creator you conceive of also decide your role ?
As hilarious as this is, as a long time gamer there is no small correspondence between tabletop RPGs and life skills just in general. Not really what the OP meant, probably, but it's more amusing this way. :smile:

Personally though, I'm not a really big fan of hierarchical thinking and myth of progress type thinking. Viewing the changes we undergo as some sort of upwards trajectory is... life is just more complicated than that.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The God which transcends spacetime writes the general structure for the story of your life. You are able to author details, but the general structure for your life is written. When you make a stand, identify with a higher version of self, and die to a reality check, then you force God to re-write and level up the general structure of your story.

In this way, the transcendent God both knows and doesn’t know the future. He doesn’t know who will make a stand and force him to level up their story. Will it be you?

The highest version of God wants you to make him level you up and re-write your story.
I agree with this. Not many believers in God realize the future can't be known fully.