• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Go Ahead and Hit the Kid. You Have My Permission

Should schools be able to paddle kids who misbehave?

• Yup

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Nope

Votes: 31 86.1%

• Total voters

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
What happens to an adult if he refuses to comply with the law?

The police will hit him if resisting.

In order to arrest a person who is temporarily violent, or out of his mind, fueled by alcohol, or anger, there is no other way. When I taught, I once had to use force on a child who swinging a floor hockey stick at his classmate's head. (restraint) But this isn't corporal punishment. It's necessary to protect society. Once that person is behind bars, it's against the law for the police or jail guards to go beat him.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
In order to arrest a person who is temporarily violent, or out of his mind, fueled by alcohol, or anger, there is no other way. When I taught, I once had to use force on a child who swinging a floor hockey stick at his classmate's head. (restraint) But this isn't corporal punishment. It's necessary to protect society. Once that person is behind bars, it's against the law for the police or jail guards to go beat him.
Unless the person gets unruly again.

Let's take violence out of the equation for a minute and rather look at incarceration.

I remember all the old images of the angry mother or caregiver locking her child in a room until their child settles down or is compliant. I'm thinking that same person today will be looked upon as a monster even though that person may not have hit the child but rather strong arm the child into a room.

I think people get confused as to what's the best way. Society looks at the police as a model for discipline. If children don't learn that model, well ........

Grandliseur

I am very familiar with abuse as a child, to the point of nearly dying twice,
My older brother nearly killed me a few times. He liked to physical abuse me then. If it were today, I would kill him without a second thought to it.

But, now we can talk, when it happens. Even went to his birthday party two years ago.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
My older brother nearly killed me a few times. He liked to physical abuse me then. If it were today, I would kill him without a second thought to it.

But, now we can talk, when it happens. Even went to his birthday party two years ago.
Good to hear. Take it from me, if you learn to forgive, the person who gains the most is you! You unshackle yourself, when you truly -- in your own heart-of-hearts -- forgive.