• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gnosticism

watoca

For years I was raised as a Militant Christian, and then I did the obvious reverse to the evil side of this exsistence. For a few years, now, I have fallen into the Nag Hammadi Scriptures. Just wondering if anybody else out there has read the newly published, in terms of all ever published, Nag Hammadi Scriptures, and atleast :eek:what you might think. I have a lot to learn in life, and know true growth is seeking the truth.
Peace be to you all from peace.

Last edited:

mycorrhiza

I've read a lot of the Nag Hammadi scriptures and I've taken a class in gnosticism. I think a lot of it is good critique of the mainstream Christian theology, and it explains a lot of the things that mainstream Christianity has trouble explaining (the problem of evil, etc). If someone had shown it to me when I started to lose faith in Christianity, I probably would have been a gnostic now. I don't believe in any of it, but it definitely is an interesting read.

Do you have a favorite text?

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
Hi there! We actually have a Gnosticism DIR here, right below the Christianity DIR. I'll provide you a link:

Gnosticism DIR - Religious Education Forum

I have read the Gospel of Philip and the Gospel of Truth, and I do think there is much wisdom to be gained from there. Gnosticism is one of the many paths I have considered, and within my spirit, I think it COULD be true. I have the copy of Marvin Myer's Nag Hammadi Scriptures, but I have yet to really crack into it. If you go to the Gnosticism DIR, I'm sure you'll attract the attention of many other Gnostics that float around this site.

While this topic's here, though, are there any specific things you'd like to share about your journey to Gnosticism and your thoughts and comments regarding the religion?

davidthegreek

Hi there! We actually have a Gnosticism DIR here, right below the Christianity DIR. I'll provide you a link:

Gnosticism DIR - Religious Education Forum

I have read the Gospel of Philip and the Gospel of Truth, and I do think there is much wisdom to be gained from there. Gnosticism is one of the many paths I have considered, and within my spirit, I think it COULD be true. I have the copy of Marvin Myer's Nag Hammadi Scriptures, but I have yet to really crack into it. If you go to the Gnosticism DIR, I'm sure you'll attract the attention of many other Gnostics that float around this site.

While this topic's here, though, are there any specific things you'd like to share about your journey to Gnosticism and your thoughts and comments regarding the religion?

what is the denomination of your choice, if you don't mind me ask? I know Irrelevant. Thanks.

watoca

Feels very good to have some people reply on such an issue. To answer Shiranui117I; I believe that God and Jesus himself are to much to say there is a faith. Rather that there is to much to do and pray about: but rather a way since man has each, to his own, branded a way to worship God. This does not mean any are bad( I just believe in whorshippers of Gods way through Jesus). I seek the real heaven and basically do not know if it is a religion but yet a way. My experiences and journey are only that life is what you put into it, and that evil will constanly crush you if it can. To me God himself is as questioning, although, unviolent as evil, of us; since I believe we already were there but have to relearn and suffer as Jesus, and the disciples but in our own ways. LIFE IS TOUGH.
Cool mycorrhiza; was the class at college or somwhere else? My favorite scripture is Judas': I think it is a great lesson in dealing with people we know are evil; and how to deal with them as still needing to treating them as a brother or sister. I think in the end we survive untouched until God wants us home as long as we have Faith. Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

watoca

My denomination is of question even unto myself. Please understand this is because I follow no current religion. Such an issue is very layered, and I do not want to seem Judgemetal of any current Religion. I know true and false followers of, what I believe is Jesus' way and ultimately God's forgiveness of man's explained, ways to whorship God. In the end I would say I HOPE to know the true words of God through his only begotten son. But truly I am a Gnostic: seeker of knowledge and wisdom, and in the end doing what is true of LOVE behind closed doors. I steer from men and women who except what men and women say, because I do not know many truly HONEST people. Whether you turn on the TV or read the paper it is to hamper Fear and Judgement. I hope this answers your question.:shrug:hehehe

Shiranui117

Premium Member
Feels very good to have some people reply on such an issue. To answer Shiranui117I; I believe that God and Jesus himself are to much to say there is a faith.
I'm not too sure about what you're saying here. Are you saying that, due to the vastness of the mystery of God and Jesus, that such mystery cannot be fully contained and expressed in any one faith?

Rather that there is to much to do and pray about: but rather a way since man has each, to his own, branded a way to worship God. This does not mean any are bad( I just believe in whorshippers of Gods way through Jesus).

I seek the real heaven and basically do not know if it is a religion but yet a way.
I do agree that one's struggle to find God and Heaven is a Way, and to travel along a Way requires action. I think that all religions are a different Way (or at the very least point to a different Way); not exactly all with the same destination or objectives in mind, but Ways nonetheless.

To me God himself is as questioning, although, unviolent as evil, of us; since I believe we already were there but have to relearn and suffer as Jesus, and the disciples but in our own ways. LIFE IS TOUGH.

My favorite scripture is Judas': I think it is a great lesson in dealing with people we know are evil; and how to deal with them as still needing to treating them as a brother or sister. I think in the end we survive untouched until God wants us home as long as we have Faith. Thanks for your time.
Can you elaborate about what you mean here?

My denomination is of question even unto myself. Please understand this is because I follow no current religion. Such an issue is very layered, and I do not want to seem Judgemetal of any current Religion. I know true and false followers of, what I believe is Jesus' way and ultimately God's forgiveness of man's explained, ways to whorship God. In the end I would say I HOPE to know the true words of God through his only begotten son. But truly I am a Gnostic: seeker of knowledge and wisdom, and in the end doing what is true of LOVE behind closed doors. I steer from men and women who except what men and women say, because I do not know many truly HONEST people. Whether you turn on the TV or read the paper it is to hamper Fear and Judgement. I hope this answers your question.:shrug:hehehe
Thank you, I can understand what you're saying about the thirst for Gnosis, the thirst for wisdom and truth. I can also understand your aversion from the words of men; in the Book of Psalms (Psalm 145), it says, "Put not your trust in princes and sons of men, in whom there is no salvation. When his breath departs, he returns to his earth; on that very day his plans perish."

But in this case, when you hear the words of those who claim to be speaking wisdom that comes from God, you must develop and practice discernment, being able to distinguish what out of their mouths is godly and true, and what is just fancy, pleasant-sounding wordplay by ignorant and fallen men. And we must indeed be willing to seek out wisdom in the most unlikely places--that includes in what men and women say. :)

Shiranui117

Premium Member
I'm an inquirer into Eastern Orthodox Christianity, so that's my Church. I'm constantly being drawn to things like Gnosticism, Buddhism and Taoism, but I just end up taking different concepts and understandings from those and coming back to Orthodoxy, with what I've learned helping me to see my own Orthodox faith in new ways.

skinker

Hi, I'm a returning Gnostic Christian to this forum hoping this time I can express my Gnostic Christian views without having to dodge the perennial charge of "proselytizing" whenever I post a different Christianity than what Pauline Christians think Christianity is. We'll see how far I get this time around as I try to impart some rather astonishing new spiritual information about the roots of the Messiah-Christ-Anointed One concept showing it originating far earlier than the Abrahamic religions, at least 2000 years before the time of Christ and the Gospels. But before getting to the new Good News for Gnostic Christians I should give a little personal history of my own Gnostic Christian walk so you'll know a little better where the radical Gnostic ideas I will be sharing come from.

I'm probably older than most of you here and have been on a sort of modern form of Gnostic Christianity since I went through my own personal "Road to Damascus" religious conversion experience 33 years ago at Easter, in 1979 that lasted, like Paul's, for three days and converted me from atheism to lasting belief in God and the Spirit of Christ. For the past 33 years I have been getting spiritual visions and revelations periodically and the major ones I have acted on them, seeing results that were quite astounding. Anyway, that's for later, here I just wanted you to know I'm one of those awful people chased off religious talkboards with great frequency who dare claim spiritual visions and worse dare to post their personal Gnosis on these internet religious forums where very few really want to hear anything new, especially if it counters the religious beliefs held like a security blanket for emotional protection. Just saying I can't guarantee any discussion I start I will be able to join in or even if the discussion will be allowed to stay posted on this forum.

Like many a Gnostic I too follow what's called the Gnostic Solitary Path which disallows me ever proselytizing my personal religious beliefs. I have no church for anyone to join, no book to sell although I do have a free one holding all my 33 years Gnostic visionary experiences and new Christian information that anyone can read online. What I've got now is actually plain old pure historical information freely available to anyone that I just arranged in historical order showing a pattern that moves down through the millennia bearing the Spirit of Christ information, moving from Sumeria and ancient Egypt into the later Abrahamic religions which butchered it under Judaism and crippled it under Pauline Christianity.

God put me on the Gnostic Christian path 33 years ago like I said, and in 1980, when the Nag Hammadi Library was first published in English I learned that the very untraditional religious belief system God had me enter was indeed a form of Gnosis, a modern form, like Carl Jung's was a modern form of Gnosis. I shared the basic themes of Gnosticism except for some significant differences such as tossing out all the old Gnostic syzygies as too incomprehensible for describing what is basically a diagram of spiritual evolutionary ideas presented similar to dna syzygy couplings in form but too complicated to impart much real spiritually needed info. Of the old Gnostic Gospels, only the Gospel of Thomas, and the Gospel of Philip held my allegiance. Also, I never went for the old Gnostic view of the material world being a mistaken botch job by a foolish Maker god and then in 1998, I found Jesus' "Abba" and it changed everything as it anchored my belief that God, the true God Most High, created a good world, well, as good as it gets that is, since Creation runs on dualities, positive and negative charges of electrons all the way up to life and death of organisms. I will get to the EL Elyon news too. But this is a start for me for now.

Shiranui117

Premium Member
Hi, I'm a returning Gnostic Christian to this forum hoping this time I can express my Gnostic Christian views without having to dodge the perennial charge of "proselytizing" whenever I post a different Christianity than what Pauline Christians think Christianity is. We'll see how far I get this time around as I try to impart some rather astonishing new spiritual information about the roots of the Messiah-Christ-Anointed One concept showing it originating far earlier than the Abrahamic religions, at least 2000 years before the time of Christ and the Gospels. But before getting to the new Good News for Gnostic Christians I should give a little personal history of my own Gnostic Christian walk so you'll know a little better where the radical Gnostic ideas I will be sharing come from.

I'm probably older than most of you here and have been on a sort of modern form of Gnostic Christianity since I went through my own personal "Road to Damascus" religious conversion experience 33 years ago at Easter, in 1979 that lasted, like Paul's, for three days and converted me from atheism to lasting belief in God and the Spirit of Christ. For the past 33 years I have been getting spiritual visions and revelations periodically and the major ones I have acted on them, seeing results that were quite astounding. Anyway, that's for later, here I just wanted you to know I'm one of those awful people chased off religious talkboards with great frequency who dare claim spiritual visions and worse dare to post their personal Gnosis on these internet religious forums where very few really want to hear anything new, especially if it counters the religious beliefs held like a security blanket for emotional protection. Just saying I can't guarantee any discussion I start I will be able to join in or even if the discussion will be allowed to stay posted on this forum.

Like many a Gnostic I too follow what's called the Gnostic Solitary Path which disallows me ever proselytizing my personal religious beliefs. I have no church for anyone to join, no book to sell although I do have a free one holding all my 33 years Gnostic visionary experiences and new Christian information that anyone can read online. What I've got now is actually plain old pure historical information freely available to anyone that I just arranged in historical order showing a pattern that moves down through the millennia bearing the Spirit of Christ information, moving from Sumeria and ancient Egypt into the later Abrahamic religions which butchered it under Judaism and crippled it under Pauline Christianity.

God put me on the Gnostic Christian path 33 years ago like I said, and in 1980, when the Nag Hammadi Library was first published in English I learned that the very untraditional religious belief system God had me enter was indeed a form of Gnosis, a modern form, like Carl Jung's was a modern form of Gnosis. I shared the basic themes of Gnosticism except for some significant differences such as tossing out all the old Gnostic syzygies as too incomprehensible for describing what is basically a diagram of spiritual evolutionary ideas presented similar to dna syzygy couplings in form but too complicated to impart much real spiritually needed info. Of the old Gnostic Gospels, only the Gospel of Thomas, and the Gospel of Philip held my allegiance. Also, I never went for the old Gnostic view of the material world being a mistaken botch job by a foolish Maker god and then in 1998, I found Jesus' "Abba" and it changed everything as it anchored my belief that God, the true God Most High, created a good world, well, as good as it gets that is, since Creation runs on dualities, positive and negative charges of electrons all the way up to life and death of organisms. I will get to the EL Elyon news too. But this is a start for me for now.
I look forward to reading your posts on this forum. Count me as a member of your audience :)

watoca

I agree Skinker. You seem a very deep individual, as do you Shiranuii117. And please forgive my lack of reply. I am new at this and do not know how to truly even use the system. I see you posting quotes. I'll have to really get into this sight. I have started reading the full Nag Hammadi Scriptures for a second time[ the one published by the Library]. It explains alot. God brought these scriptures to me easy: I read some Pagel and Meyer books and then found the full scriptures. Can Either of you suggest more reading, Besides never being able to get into the Vatican Library. I would spend Ten years there. HEHEHE.

Last edited:

watoca

No, but i have read some of it. I downloaded some of it off of the internet. I will need to buy the book. Thanks. Sophia seems like most women I know. Abused and then judged. From what I can tell those of us left are her children under the watchful eye of the Luminary Eleleth.

watoca

I'm an inquirer into Eastern Orthodox Christianity, so that's my Church. I'm constantly being drawn to things like Gnosticism, Buddhism and Taoism, but I just end up taking different concepts and understandings from those and coming back to Orthodoxy, with what I've learned helping me to see my own Orthodox faith in new ways.
Cool thanks for your reply. Got the quote thing.:sad:

skinker

I've got my minimum number of posts in now so I can post links to my radical Gnostic Christianity stuff. The whole deal is in my book online, The Aquariana Key. It's got all the visions and revelations and God-guided research in it. The newest material, Celestial Torah Christianity, is for universal consumption as it is impersonal historical information primarily about the astrological connections lost in the Abrahamic religions but still traceable as I have done. My old "Biomystical Christianity" is my own personal Gnostic belief system that I share with others because it's got new spiritual information too but the warning is there that it's wrapped up in my personal beliefs, visions an revelations. I am a religious visionary in the Old Time Jewish prophet tradition, so of course, I've got visions and revelations, a lot of them over my 33 year walk with God, and some so special like the Story of Paxcalibur and the Vision of Christ Josephine, real spiritual prophesies unfolding in our times to reestablish spiritual authenticity and authority in the Christian tradition, that I am convinced God is with me. It's always such a letdown when others don't agree with my delusions of granduer. ;)

The Celestial Torah information is out of my or anyone's reach which is what makes it so darn wonderful as a new universal basis for worldwide understanding of the Christ humanitarian theology. The Church can't claim it at all. And it will withstand historical discovery which has killed the Abrahamic religions even if they don't know it, all of them basing themselves on the Bible now found to be pure Jewish myths of origin.