• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glenn Beck, Dick Cheney Endorse Romney

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
No serious politician on the left would attempt to completely ban firearms. It would be wildly unpopular and unrealistic.
Immediately? No, of course not. It would be political suicide. However, more than a handful are clearly working to that goal, and not without support from their constituents.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Often the right to bear arms, though that's not universal. I honestly can't think of another example.

I agree to an extent but our issue is with those who are mentally unstable or those prohibited by law from possessing firearms. The theater shooting was done using a shotgun (which is a legal weapon to have).... So there are some good reasons for some level of gun control. Another thing to note is that Obama hasn't really done anything that would cause gun buyers any concern. It seems he's stayed away from the NRA during his presidency. I think much of the hoopla on their side is fear mongering to drive up gun and ammo sales....and it seems to be working.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I agree to an extent but our issue is with those who are mentally unstable or those prohibited by law from possessing firearms. The theater shooting was done using a shotgun (which is a legal weapon to have).... So there are some good reasons for some level of gun control. Another thing to note is that Obama hasn't really done anything that would cause gun buyers any concern. It seems he's stayed away from the NRA during his presidency. I think much of the hoopla on their side is fear mongering to drive up gun and ammo sales....and it seems to be working.
Oh, I wasn't speaking of Obama himself. But there are a fair number of progressives (who do elect officials) who won't be satisfied until the Second Amendment is repealed completely.

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
You're hanging over a precipice and about to fall to your death...only one man can potentially save you (both offer their uncooperating help). Mitt Romney or Barack Obama. Which dude do you chose to help? Personally, I wouldn't trust either one with my life; but if I had to pick, I'd go with President Obama.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You're hanging over a precipice and about to fall to your death...only one man can potentially save you (both offer their uncooperating help). Mitt Romney or Barack Obama. Which dude do you chose to help? Personally, I wouldn't trust either one with my life; but if I had to pick, I'd go with President Obama.
A revolting ode to regime change

As our weak economy stalls,
we seek out a leader with b****
to do what needs done.
Should it be the one
now steering the boat towards the falls?

Sigh.....I couldn't resist.

Last edited:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
A revolting ode to regime change

As our weak economy stalls,
we seek out a leader with b****
to do what needs done.
Should it be the one
now steering the boat towards the falls?

Sigh.....I couldn't resist.

Or should you choose the shape shifting chameleon who flip flops at a moments notice with a track record of receiving federal money (tax payer funds) to fatten his wallet...?

I couldn't resist... because it's all true...:sarcastic

Last edited:

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
My progressive friend in the great white north and I hammered out some pretty good compromises in the past.

First trimester abortion only. No more attacks on Row vs. Wade ever again.

30 round magazine ban past and present manufacture, turn them in.

10 round was too restrictive, many 22 semi rifles held more than that.

Many glocks have 15-17 round magazines which should have never been restricted by the Clinton administration.

Honestly, a woman should have the right to choose, she just should not have 9 months to make her decision. Late term abortion, (unless her life is in jeopardy) is a terrible thing to support. If the child can live outside the womb, it should be allowed to live. Every American should have the right to live if they are able to born or unborn.

30 round magazines cannot be justified, hell I have 40 rounders just because they make them, but I really don't need them. Glock makes a 33 round 9mm mag which is incredibly unnecessary.

It is time for folks to back off of their extreme positions and work out a compromise that takes both positions into account.

Same sex marriage should be a no-brainer in a country that champions freedom.

Yes, I am a Republican, but it is time to find common ground with my Progressive friends.

Welfare and Social Security are important programs, but we must make sure these programs are sustainable for generations as well. We cannot continue to have unlimited medical and folks drawing welfare checks for generations.

Education should be about our children and not teachers as well. Some teachers need more pay while others need to go.

I would never get elected because some folks think they need a bazooka while others think it is OK to take an ice pick to a perfectly healthy baby who's toes have not left the mothers womb.

It is the extreme people on both sides that need to get out of the way so we can have a balanced budget, a good economy and some closure in regards to social issues.

Too many folks don't want to give the less fortunate among us anything while others feel entitled to everything. Somewhere in the middle is the right thing to do.

Small business is not billionaires and we should not tax them like they are.

200,000 to 250,000 is not big money and we should quit acting like it is with class warfare. Small business is the engine that creates jobs. Millionaire and billionaires that do not create jobs are the ones who need to pay more, not the small business person.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
My progressive friend in the great white north and I hammered out some pretty good compromises in the past.

First trimester abortion only. No more attacks on Row vs. Wade ever again.

30 round magazine ban past and present manufacture, turn them in.

10 round was too restrictive, many 22 semi rifles held more than that.

Many glocks have 15-17 round magazines which should have never been restricted by the Clinton administration.

Honestly, a woman should have the right to choose, she just should not have 9 months to make her decision. Late term abortion, (unless her life is in jeopardy) is a terrible thing to support. If the child can live outside the womb, it should be allowed to live. Every American should have the right to live if they are able to born or unborn.

30 round magazines cannot be justified, hell I have 40 rounders just because they make them, but I really don't need them. Glock makes a 33 round 9mm mag which is incredibly unnecessary.

It is time for folks to back off of their extreme positions and work out a compromise that takes both positions into account.

Same sex marriage should be a no-brainer in a country that champions freedom.

Yes, I am a Republican, but it is time to find common ground with my Progressive friends.

Welfare and Social Security are important programs, but we must make sure these programs are sustainable for generations as well. We cannot continue to have unlimited medical and folks drawing welfare checks for generations.

Education should be about our children and not teachers as well. Some teachers need more pay while others need to go.

I would never get elected because some folks think they need a bazooka while others think it is OK to take an ice pick to a perfectly healthy baby who's toes have not left the mothers womb.

It is the extreme people on both sides that need to get out of the way so we can have a balanced budget, a good economy and some closure in regards to social issues.

Too many folks don't want to give the less fortunate among us anything while others feel entitled to everything. Somewhere in the middle is the right thing to do.

I agree with much of this. You may be among the few social conservatives left. I would have no problem working with you on these issues. I think what is most unfortunate is the current direction the Republican party has gone. I'm sorry to say that Mitt Romney walks lock step with them. I've voted for many conservatives in my district in the past but many of them shared your view. There's a mixture of social moderates to extreme in your party today and unfortunately their platform, given their new legislation, is going to rule the party itself. Much of these extreme conservative views is shared by Romney and most definitely Ryan. If they are elected I hope I'm wrong in my predictions for this country.....(but I reserve the right to say I told you).....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Or should you choose the shape shifting chameleon who flip flops at a moments notice with a track record of receiving federal money (tax payer funds) to fattened his wallet...?
I couldn't resist... because it's all true...:sarcastic
Well, none of what we say is "true"....it's all just opinion & perspective. (And FH, you rascal....I"m talking about politics...not math.)
But you make flip flopping sound like a bad thing. I disagree. Both candidates do it. Why? It's the norm cuz it wins elections.
(The more consistently doctrinaire candidates whom I support eschew that for consistency of agenda & election losses.)
I don't care much about what they say. Rather, I care that they be predictable, which allows me to predict actions in office (to the extent possible).
When Obama & McCain mpaigned in 2008 I didn't pay attention to campaign promises. Their records said it all.
Then, lo & behold, Obama behaved exactly as I'd expect for an inexperienced lefty with a consensus seeking lead-from-behind record,
ie, continuing some Bush agendas, pursuing some left leaning policies of his own, & making the blunders of one new to an executive post.
Whatever Willard says, he is an experienced executive, he's pro-business, & he knows economics first hand. We need this for the economy,
but I still have concerns about foreign policy (war) & a conservative social agenda.

Last edited:

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Mitt is far from a far right politician. He just said what he needed to say to be the Republican nominee. He is already walking things back to get the moderate vote as is Obama.

I really think you might be surprised how well Romney will work with progressives if elected.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
But you make flip flopping sound like a bad thing. I disagree. Both candidates do it.

Romney's flips happen in a matter of months...within days....within hours...even within minutes depending on the crowd he's speaking to. He's got a whole team of people coming out to walk back what he says. They're like circus workers walking behind an elephant with a pooper scooper.

Why? It's the norm cuz it wins elections.

Do you believe it's OK to be so unpredictable and it's OK as long as you can win over the other guy. Romney said one thing in the Republican Primary but something totally different in the general election. While it is true that I noticed it, it's definitely true everyone else including those in the media noticed it. Many still don't know which Mitt they're going to get in the white house. Will the "severely conservative" show up, the first debate (moderate) or will they "shake the etch-a-sketch" and "reset" with a Mitt the GOP can use for their own purposes. At this point no one knows.

I don't care much about what they say. Rather, I care that they be predictable, which allows me to predict actions in office (to the extent possible).

So with the many flip-flopping positions of Mitt within the past year can you honestly say you can predict which Mitt will show up at the white house? If you can you'd be the first and only one to do so.

When Obama & McCain mpaigned in 2008 I didn't pay attention to campaign promises. Their records said it all.

Then, lo & behold, Obama behaved exactly as I'd expect for an inexperienced lefty with a consensus seeking lead-from-behind record, ie, continuing some Bush agendas, pursuing some left leaning policies of his own, & making the blunders of one new to an executive post.

Yep temporarily extending them and now they're due to expire. Romney wants to keep them in permanently....but I can see how you have a problem with Obama doing it.....:rolleyes:.

Whatever Willard says, he is an experienced executive

We've had this discussion before. Just because one is a businessman does not mean he'll be an effective president. What Romney did at Bain is not indicative of the majority of businesses around the country. A venture capitalist makes money whether the company they're buying succeeds or not. It's win-win. This is definitely the case with Romney. I suspect his corporate takeover rate that resulted in bankruptcy is a higher % than Obama's stimulus to companies that failed.

Can a businessman help the economy? For presidents, the answer has been no. - The Washington Post

"The startling bottom line is that the nation’s GDP has grown more than 45 times faster under presidents with little or no business experience than it has under presidents with successful business careers. And on average, when there has been a successful businessman in the Oval Office (so, Truman is excluded), GDP growth has been negligible."

There is a saying: “If you want to live like a Republican, vote Democratic.” Perhaps it should be amended to: “If you want to live like a successful Republican businessperson, vote for a Democrat without business experience.”

We need this for the economy, but I still have concerns about foreign policy (war) & a conservative social agenda.

I as well which is why I can't vote for him considering he is associated with the RNC platform on social issues. As far as foreign policy..he has surrounded himself with an overwhelming majority or neocons from the Bush Administration...17 out of 24.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Romney's flips happen in a matter of months...within days....within hours...even within minutes depending on the crowd he's speaking to. He's got a whole team of people coming out to walk back what he says. They're like circus workers walking behind an elephant with a pooper scooper.
Meh.....it's election time.
If Romney never changed any positions, would this convert you to one of his fans?

Do you believe it's OK to be so unpredictable and it's OK as long as you can win over the other guy. Romney said one thing in the Republican Primary but something totally different in the general election. While it is true that I noticed it, it's definitely true everyone else including those in the media noticed it. Many still don't know which Mitt they're going to get in the white house. Will the "severely conservative" show up, the first debate (moderate) or will they "shake the etch-a-sketch" and "reset" with a Mitt the GOP can use for their own purposes. At this point no one knows.
As I said, electioneering is about saying what it takes to win.
Willard & Barry differ little on this.
Is this why you won't vote for Romney?

So with the many flip-flopping positions of Mitt within the past year can you honestly say you can predict which Mitt will show up at the white house? If you can you'd be the first and only one to do so.
I already made my general prediction that he'd take a more considered & intelligent pro-business & pro-economy stance than Obama.
Specifics are impossible to predict, since they'd be the result of negotiation with Congress.

Yep temporarily extending them and now they're due to expire. Romney wants to keep them in permanently....but I can see how you have a problem with Obama doing it.....:rolleyes:.
I'd expect Romney to push a better tax policy than either Dubya or Barry.

We've had this discussion before. Just because one is a businessman does not mean he'll be an effective president.
But it boosts the odds, particularly in times of economic woe. I note that Obama is such a failure precisely because he lacks executive & business experience.
When I've hired people, I've found that qualifications don't guarantee great performance, but to be qualified is better than to not be.

What Romney did at Bain is not indicative of the majority of businesses around the country. A venture capitalist makes money whether the company they're buying succeeds or not. It's win-win.
I disagree strongly. There is much misinformation out there about how venture capitalism works.
And Obama is either clueless or dishonest in his criticism of Romney's exploits at Bain.

I suspect his corporate takeover rate that resulted in bankruptcy is a higher % than Obama's stimulus to companies that failed.
Can a businessman help the economy? For presidents, the answer has been no. - The Washington Post
"The startling bottom line is that the nation’s GDP has grown more than 45 times faster under presidents with little or no business experience than it has under presidents with successful business careers. And on average, when there has been a successful businessman in the Oval Office (so, Truman is excluded), GDP growth has been negligible."
There is a saying: “If you want to live like a Republican, vote Democratic.” Perhaps it should be amended to: “If you want to live like a successful Republican businessperson, vote for a Democrat without business experience.”
I don't buy this analysis. Obama's record does not bear out such conclusions.
It smacks of statistical gaming & over-simplification of what actually occurs.
I look at it simply....I see Obama making bad decisions which someone with extensive business experience would avoid.
Romney looks far more qualified to guide economic recovery.

I as well which is why I can't vote for him considering he is associated with the RNC platform on social issues. As far as foreign policy..he has surrounded himself with an overwhelming majority or neocons from the Bush Administration...17 out of 24.
But he would be the leader, not his assistants. He seems level headed & calm, but the risk is still there.
The problems I saw with Dubya were inherent with Dubya, not his staff.

Last edited:

tytlyf

Not Religious
Mitt is far from a far right politician.
Is that his position today?
He just said what he needed to say to be the Republican nominee
More proof he's not a leader, but a GOP puppet.
He is already walking things back to get the moderate vote as is Obama
Mitt walking things back? Is that the new term for flip-flop(liar)?
I really think you might be surprised how well Romney will work with progressives if elected.
Now now, you can't be serious?!? Willard is a Trojan Horse with zero position and willing to change his morals for whoever tells him what to do. If you can't see that America is better off today than 4 years ago, then you need to change the channel.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Meh.....it's election time.
If Romney never changed any positions, would this convert you to one of his fans?

No because his tax and economic "plan" sucks.

As I said, electioneering is about saying what it takes to win.
Willard & Barry differ little on this.
Is this why you won't vote for Romney?
Personally I'm voting for Obama because I agree with the economic growth and I think people are fooling themselves or allowing themselves to be fooled if they think Romney's plan is going to put them back to work anytime soon.

I already made my general prediction that he'd take a more considered & intelligent pro-business & pro-economy stance than Obama.
Specifics are impossible to predict, since they'd be the result of negotiation with Congress.
I think you put too much emphasis on his supposed abilities. I see him deregulating, repealing and overturning. I predict disastrous effects on the middle class.

I'd expect Romney to push a better tax policy than either Dubya or Barry.
We'll see. I won't hold my breath. Everyone looking at that "tax plan" ends up coming to the same conclusion that it won't work. If he's elected I guess we'll see.

But it boosts the odds, particularly in times of economic woe. I note that Obama is such a failure precisely because he lacks executive & business experience.
When I've hired people, I've found that qualifications don't guarantee great performance, but to be qualified is better than to not be.
We shall agree to disagree here.

I disagree strongly. There is much misinformation out there about how venture capitalism works. And Obama is either clueless or dishonest in his criticism of Romney's exploits at Bain.
I never said it doesn't work. I said it works regardless of the outcome of the company. Personally I don't rely on Obama for Bain's record.

Romney looks far more qualified to guide economic recovery.
Looks can be deceiving.

But he would be the leader, not his assistants. He seems level headed & calm, but the risk is still there.The problems I saw with Dubya were inherent with Dubya, not his staff.

You trust him more than me. As far as Bush, my criticism doesn't rest solely at his feet. He and his administration are to blame. Romney brings many from that administration back into the white house.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No because his tax and economic "plan" sucks.

Personally I'm voting for Obama because I agree with the economic growth and I think people are fooling themselves or allowing themselves to be fooled if they think Romney's plan is going to put them back to work anytime soon.

I think you put too much emphasis on his supposed abilities. I see him deregulating, repealing and overturning. I predict disastrous effects on the middle class.

We'll see. I won't hold my breath. Everyone looking at that "tax plan" ends up coming to the same conclusion that it won't work. If he's elected I guess we'll see.

We shall agree to disagree here.

I never said it doesn't work. I said it works regardless of the outcome of the company. Personally I don't rely on Obama for Bain's record.

Looks can be deceiving.

You trust him more than me. As far as Bush, my criticism doesn't rest solely at his feet. He and his administration are to blame. Romney brings many from that administration back into the white house.
"Trust" is too strong a word. It's a roll of the dice, so I'm looking at likelihoods of performance.
The odds of Obama's turning around 4 years of failure (perhaps 12 if we include the source of his
dysfunctional agendas) are lower than hiring an experienced manager of both business & government.

From this outsider's perspective, the criticism of Bain looks as loopy & desperate as Obama's birthers.
Would these Dems be called "Bainers"? All this continual carping by Bainers & Birthers about "Romney
said this!" or "Obama did that!" are conducting a confetti campaign of raining petty details down upon
us all....obscuring real & substantive issues.

Last edited:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
"Trust" is too strong a word.

Maybe hope is a better word because you have know idea what a Romney presidency is going to look like. Maybe you're guessing instead of hoping.

The odds of Obama's turning around 4 years of failure

What four years of "failure"? You do this all the time. This is why I say some Independents and Libertarians are nothing more than Republicans (Lite). Your mantra is verbatim as theirs. So it's hard to distinguish the three of you apart. I believe it was you that criticized that the stimulus wasn't enough. If I'm wrong please correct me. My point is that I think it should have been more but to what point and I'm not sure congress was going to authorize an in crease in stimulus funds. In fact he actually compromised a lot with Republicans to get it passed. He's often criticized about the stimulus but Republicans got a lot of what they wanted in the stimulus and it's obvious that many of them that criticized it actually petitioned for funding and received it.

The Presidency of Barack Obama News - The New York Times
In early January 2009, Mr. Obama began to lay out his plans for a massive economic stimulus package........ His initial outline called for a package in which about 40 percent of the total cost was devoted to tax cuts, an amount criticized by Senate Democrats as too high and by Congressional Republicans as too low. The plan included tax cuts for Americans making less than $200,000.....

The Senate began its debate with a bill that already differed significantly from the House's, primarily by including a $70 billion measure, demanded by Republicans, that would extend protection to middle-class families that would otherwise have been hit by the alternative-minimum tax, a measure that Congress had reliably passed every year for a decade. Democrats accepted some other Republican ideas, including a tax credit for first-time homebuyers. But they beat back a series of Republican amendments that would have replaced much of the bill's spending with tax cuts, including on capital gains and the estate tax.

As you can see there's a lonnnnng list of issues a president has to deal with. Much of it is foreign relations. You have to wonder when a president has time to sleep. I'm not trying to paint some grand picture of the man. I simply realize that he, at any given point and sometimes all at once, has a lot on the plate to deal with. I can't say that I agree with him 100% of the time but I feel as though he's handling the job much better than most given him credit for. I also understand that our economy isn't isolated to the US. It's one thing to assume a Romney business type can produce more jobs but if the economic stability around the world is in horrible shape then the US recovery is going to be slow.

From this outsider's perspective, the criticism of Bain looks as loopy & desperate as Obama's birthers. Would these Dems be called "Bainers"?

This is your opinion. Bain has swooped in and saved plenty of companies and I have no problem giving them their credit. I'm only addressing their tactics with the companies they sought to make a profit on, ran up the company's debt by taking out loans and lines of credit etc. and leaving the bill with the company. These companies couldn't recover from such massive debt, they file for bankruptcy, liquidate assets, pensions and employees, Bain then moves the companies over seas and hire workers making cents on the dollar. This ins't my take or Obama's take on Bain. This is well known information about much of their business practices.

Take SENSATA. This automotive parts company is owned by Bain (51%). The company has 170 workers making $17 per hour. They have been reporting quarterly profits around or above $450/$500 MILLION dollars and yet...Bain is closing the company, moving all production to China where those employees will be making 99cents an hour. The US Sensata workers had to train the Chinese how to do their jobs. Mitt Romney has $8 MILLION dollars invested in this company. Mitt Romney will be making millions more when this happens. The company is due to shut its doors Nov. 5. One day before the election...quiet is kept. So unlike the birthers I don't deal in conspiracy theory because all of this is true.

All this continual carping by Bainers & Birthers about "Romney
said this!" or "Obama did that!" are conducting a confetti campaign of raining petty details down upon us all....obscuring real & substantive issues.

Personally the birthers conspiracy is nonsense and has been answered already to the point that Trump has moved to goal post to something else. Understanding how Bain conducted business and discovering how they've made much of their money is something totally different than what birthers are doing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Maybe hope is a better word because you have know idea what a Romney presidency is going to look like. Maybe you're guessing instead of hoping.
I reserve "hope" for things getting better regardless of who wins.
Let's not bicker over the word I choose to express my intent.

What four years of "failure"? You do this all the time. This is why I say some Independents and Libertarians are nothing more than Republicans (Lite). Your mantra is verbatim as theirs. So it's hard to distinguish the three of you apart. I believe it was you that criticized that the stimulus wasn't enough.
Methinks you're confused....I have always opposed all stimulus.
If you cannot tell us apart, is that due to our similarity or a propensity to neatly divide us all into Pubs & Dems?

If I'm wrong please correct me. My point is that I think it should have been more but to what point and I'm not sure congress was going to authorize an in crease in stimulus funds. In fact he actually compromised a lot with Republicans to get it passed. He's often criticized about the stimulus but Republicans got a lot of what they wanted in the stimulus and it's obvious that many of them that criticized it actually petitioned for funding and received it.
I don't defend Republicans.
In fact, I fault them too.

As you can see there's a lonnnnng list of issues a president has to deal with. Much of it is foreign relations. You have to wonder when a president has time to sleep. I'm not trying to paint some grand picture of the man. I simply realize that he, at any given point and sometimes all at once, has a lot on the plate to deal with. I can't say that I agree with him 100% of the time but I feel as though he's handling the job much better than most given him credit for. I also understand that our economy isn't isolated to the US. It's one thing to assume a Romney business type can produce more jobs but if the economic stability around the world is in horrible shape then the US recovery is going to be slow.

This is your opinion. Bain has swooped in and saved plenty of companies and I have no problem giving them their credit. I'm only addressing their tactics with the companies they sought to make a profit on, ran up the company's debt by taking out loans and lines of credit etc. and leaving the bill with the company. These companies couldn't recover from such massive debt, they file for bankruptcy, liquidate assets, pensions and employees, Bain then moves the companies over seas and hire workers making cents on the dollar. This ins't my take or Obama's take on Bain. This is well known information about much of their business practices.
It's a "well known" fiction about how one profits from venture capital funding.
Bankruptcy doesn't make money....except in gov't bail-out schemes (which I oppose).

Take SENSATA. This automotive parts company is owned by Bain (51%). The company has 170 workers making $17 per hour. They have been reporting quarterly profits around or above $450/$500 MILLION dollars and yet...Bain is closing the company, moving all production to China where those employees will be making 99cents an hour. The US Sensata workers had to train the Chinese how to do their jobs. Mitt Romney has $8 MILLION dollars invested in this company. Mitt Romney will be making millions more when this happens. The company is due to shut its doors Nov. 5. One day before the election...quiet is kept. So unlike the birthers I don't deal in conspiracy theory because all of this is true.
Such things might seem "true", but this is just one perspective.
Moreover, this scenario doesn't involve running up debt & declaring bankruptcy to avoid repayment.

Personally the birthers conspiracy is nonsense and has been answered already to the point that Trump has moved to goal post to something else. Understanding how Bain conducted business and discovering how they've made much of their money is something totally different than what birthers are doing.
The Birthers are equally fervent about the legitimacy of their cause.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
If you cannot tell us apart, is that due to our similarity or a propensity to neatly divide us all into Pubs & Dems?

Personally I would say it's your extreme similarities. From viewing most of your rhetoric I don't think people here get the sense you're a Libertarian considering it comes off as conservative thinking...thus ('Conservative Lite)

It's a "well known" fiction about how one profits from venture capital funding.

Bankruptcy doesn't make money....

In the scenario I laid out describing how Bain conducts business had less to do with the venture capital side and more to do with the private equity side of doing business.

Romney

FactCheck.org : Unproven Jobs Claim in Pro-Romney Ad
Los Angeles Times, Dec. 3: Bain expanded many of the companies it acquired. But like other leveraged-buyout firms, Romney and his team also maximized returns by firing workers, seeking government subsidies, and flipping companies quickly for large profits. Sometimes Bain investors gained even when companies slid into bankruptcy.

Bain managers told the Los Angeles Times they were focused on profit, not job creation.

“I never thought of what I do for a living as job creation,” Marc B. Walpow, a former managing partner at Bain who worked closely with Romney for nine years, told the Los Angeles Times. “The primary goal of private equity is to create wealth for your investors.”

And the rest of the factcheck findings are interesting as well should you choose to indulge yourself.

Such things might seem "true", but this is just one perspective.

Such things as I described with SENSATA, sadly, are very much true.

Freeport Sensata plant shuts down for weekend as protests of the company

Sensata has emerged as a flashpoint in the controversy over Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s ties to China this fall, with the candidates alluding to Romney’s investment in Sensata in the Oct. 16 presidential debate.

Sensata workers have pleaded publicly with Romney to help save their jobs from being outsourced to China. Not only does Romney stand to profit from the outsourcing of these jobs through the stock he still owns in the company, his 2011 tax returns show he got a huge tax break by moving Sensata stock to a charity organization he controls — and that he continues to profit from Bain’s offshore holdings and tax avoidance strategies.

:sad: