• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Give me your Truth

SB Habakuk

Godlike said:
Jeremiah 4:22 reads:

The Lord says, "My people are stupid; they don't know me. The are like foolish children; they have no understanding. They are experts @ doing what is evil, but failures @ doing what is good."

Seems pretty damning to me, Habakuk: what miscalculation did this passage alert you to?

thx halcyon for the oppurtunity to explain

In Jeremiah 4- Jeremiah explains an event that looks like NOe's Deluge- but quote the passage where it speaks about man and birds for all to see for themselves

SB Habakuk

You see somehow it has been hidden from us that the earth suffered three catastrophic deluges over the centuries

the First - before the creation- I prefer to say at the creation
The Second- In the days of Enosh0 a local Mideterrenean flood
And thirdly NOe's Deluge

The First Flood - is in fact a great astronomical event recorded by the East as the LOOSENING OF THE PLEIADES or alternatively the HYADES 9Rainy ones) allowing the sweet waters of the heaven into our cosmic space

SB Habakuk

I looked on the earth, and lo, it was waste and void; and to the heavens, and they had no light. I looked on the mountains, and lo, they were quaking, and all the hills moved to and froI looked, and lo, there was no one at all, and all the birds of the air had fled. this is not NOe's Flood is it ?

autonomous1one1

Premium Member
Halcyon said:
To those who wish to provide a message to others- in one post, please sum up the Truth you offer.
Greetings Halcyon, I hope that you are going to post your own thoughts on truth in this thread. I am very interested in them. Please note that I changed your OP to the statement above that I can respond to. Most of us prefer not to proclaim being or not being something but rather just offer what we can for others to use and judge as they wish.

There is one key truth that I wish to offer. It really is good news. I have posted it elsewhere in RF and recently defined the New Being and new religion of Enlightened people in Sunstone's thread about the possibility of new religions. There are others participating in RF that are making this truth known also.

Most of us grow up into a conventional view of ourselves defined by our societies and cultures. That is, we see ourselves in essence as defined by what is taught. Basically we define ourselves by the boundaries of our body and person that lives in a finite time and then dies. For most it is a finite being separated in essence from God, all others and all things in existence. I wish to offer that everyone has the potential to break through this estrangement from God, from all others, and from all, and to realize our oneness. (To be one is love.) In other threads this breakthrough has been described with words such as 'the realization of identity with the source of all being.' If one has this realization the self identity has a great transformation from the conventional and will never be the same again. Other characteristics of the 'New Being' are provided in other threads so I will not use more space here except to say that many write that in such a being 'finitude and suffering are transcended and divine bliss directly known.' The good news is that such a New Being is real and is a potentiality for every person. The concept of the New Being is simple, it only requires realizing who one really is (so many sages say 'know thyself'); the realization is not so easy, however.

"Here, in my own soul, the greatest of all miracles has taken place - God has returned to God!" Meister Eckhart

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Halcyon said:
To those who believe they have reached a form of enlightenment, or believe they are a prophet or messenger - in one post, please sum up the Truth you espouse.
No matter where you go, there you are.

NoahideHiker

Religious Headbanger
Halcyon said:
To those who believe they have reached a form of enlightenment, or believe they are a prophet or messenger - in one post, please sum up the Truth you espouse.

There is a Creator who made us and He loves us. He honors all our attempts to relate to Him. His desire for us in one sentance is...do not do anything to anyone that you would not do to yourself.

autonomous1one1

Premium Member
Willamena said:
No matter where you go, there you are.
Greetings Willamena. I like your statement - it could be very deep or it could be shallow humor. How do you mean it - the way the reader interprets it?:)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Halcyon said:

I am a tiny speck of consciousness of God.

eudaimonia

Fellowship of Reason
autonomous1one1 said:
Greetings Willamena. I like your statement - it could be very deep or it could be shallow humor. How do you mean it - the way the reader interprets it?:)

That's a quote from the movie Buckaroo Banzai.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
autonomous1one1 said:
Which reader? I'm a reader, too. :)

Everything begins and ends with "self." If you know who you are, you have all the spiritual truth you need to build the rest, no matter where your physical body might reside.

eudaimonia said:
That's a quote from the movie Buckaroo Banzai.
Yes. Actually, I'm quite sure I remember reading in my youth that Mach Rauch got it from another source, but I couldn't say where. :)