• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girl, 12, Dressed Too Seductively, Forced to Pull Out of Chess Championship

Skwim

Veteran Member
So, I'm not allowed to change my mind? o_O

Rival: Brings up a point
Skwim: Brings up a better point
Rival: Never thought of that, you're right, here's another point.

Chill out, dude.
Just here to help ;)

because you said you were unsure.

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
A 12-year-old girl was forced to withdraw from a chess tournament because her outfit – a knee-length cotton child’s dress – was deemed ‘too seductive’.

18157902_10154911094121281_359361837772042585_n.jpg

"Posting on Facebook, chess coach Kaushal Kandhar expressed his shock and outrage at what transpired at the tournament in Putrajaya.

He said the girl was left ‘extremely embarrassed’ and ‘disturbed’ when the National Scholastic Chess Championship director and chief arbiter made the comments to her in the middle of a match.

‘The tournament director deemed my student’s dress to be “seductive” and a “temptation from a certain angle far, far away”,’ Kal wrote. ‘We found this statement completely out of line!’

Kal said that the director told the girl and her mother that they needed to go to the mall and by her a pair of trousers – but by that time it was already 10pm, and the matches the next day restarted at 9am.

Because they weren’t able to get a replacement outfit in time the girl – who was a regional champion in Kuala Lumpur – had to pull out of the competition."

source

Yeah, those “temptations from a certain angle far, far away” can't be underestimated. Sin is always just a twelve year-old girl's knees away.

When I read the title my mind went to Islam and Iran or Saudi Arabia, but Kuala Lumpur.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Much my sentiments too. I think this is more about the official's fear that a girl would beat some boys.

That's what I think too, kind of corruption since the girl was expected to win,
not about boys and girls but maybe they wanted another one to win.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
It disturbs me that young girls have to deal with this type of sexual objectification and humiliation. I'm relieved that her coach and others disagreed with the director, but, am disappointed that more wasn't done in support of her.