• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girl, 12, Dressed Too Seductively, Forced to Pull Out of Chess Championship

Skwim

Veteran Member

A 12-year-old girl was forced to withdraw from a chess tournament because her outfit – a knee-length cotton child’s dress – was deemed ‘too seductive’.

18157902_10154911094121281_359361837772042585_n.jpg

"Posting on Facebook, chess coach Kaushal Kandhar expressed his shock and outrage at what transpired at the tournament in Putrajaya.

He said the girl was left ‘extremely embarrassed’ and ‘disturbed’ when the National Scholastic Chess Championship director and chief arbiter made the comments to her in the middle of a match.

‘The tournament director deemed my student’s dress to be “seductive” and a “temptation from a certain angle far, far away”,’ Kal wrote. ‘We found this statement completely out of line!’

Kal said that the director told the girl and her mother that they needed to go to the mall and by her a pair of trousers – but by that time it was already 10pm, and the matches the next day restarted at 9am.

Because they weren’t able to get a replacement outfit in time the girl – who was a regional champion in Kuala Lumpur – had to pull out of the competition."

source

Yeah, those “temptations from a certain angle far, far away” can't be underestimated. Sin is always just a twelve year-old girl's knees away.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
If the director found a 12 little girl to be "seductive" and a "temptation", then he should've been the one removed for the children's safety, as he sounds like he has some pedophilic and predatory tendencies.

Also, this was in Malaysia, a predominantly Muslim country where irrational, oversensitive reactions are routine.

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
If the director found a 12 little girl to be "seductive" and a "temptation", then he should've been the one removed for the children's safety, as he sounds like he has some pedophilic and predatory tendencies.
That's usually within marriageable age in Islam.

VioletVortex

If I were her parents, the school's principal would not be happy with the outcome of that. What the **** was she wearing that was remotely suggestive?

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
To be upfront, anyone who has a thing for 12 y/o girls isn't really gonna give a **** what she's wearing as long as he/she likes the look of her. Just saying. The person who kicked her out has issues that may not be hebephillic. A hebephile would not have complained!!

Last edited:

omega2xx

A 12-year-old girl was forced to withdraw from a chess tournament because her outfit – a knee-length cotton child’s dress – was deemed ‘too seductive’.

18157902_10154911094121281_359361837772042585_n.jpg

"Posting on Facebook, chess coach Kaushal Kandhar expressed his shock and outrage at what transpired at the tournament in Putrajaya.

He said the girl was left ‘extremely embarrassed’ and ‘disturbed’ when the National Scholastic Chess Championship director and chief arbiter made the comments to her in the middle of a match.

‘The tournament director deemed my student’s dress to be “seductive” and a “temptation from a certain angle far, far away”,’ Kal wrote. ‘We found this statement completely out of line!’

Kal said that the director told the girl and her mother that they needed to go to the mall and by her a pair of trousers – but by that time it was already 10pm, and the matches the next day restarted at 9am.

Because they weren’t able to get a replacement outfit in time the girl – who was a regional champion in Kuala Lumpur – had to pull out of the competition."

source

Yeah, those “temptations from a certain angle far, far away” can't be underestimated. Sin is always just a twelve year-old girl's knees away.

Are you implying Christians were responsible for what happened or are you judging the values of the host country?

Daemon Sophic

I'd be willing to bet that the issue at hand wasn't so much pedophilia as it was sexism. The director of the program is likely scared out of his witless head that she would be trouncing quite a few of the boy chess players in that championship game.
Pathetic.

Last edited:

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Seductive to whom? A pedophile? This is beyond creepy. Like just WTF?!

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
I think it's just a case of this culture's dress code and purity ethic, really.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
To be upfront, anyone who has a thing for 12 y/o girls isn't really gonna give a **** what she's wearing as long as he/she likes the look of her. Just saying. The person who kicked her out has issues that may not be hebephillic. A hebephile would not have complained!!

If that's true then does that mean that the men are predominantly homosexual or asexual in the countries that require women to wear burkas? ;)

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
He claimed that the official complaint lodged by the girl’s mother differed slightly from Kal’s account, but would not divulge any information for legal reasons.

So did you all just not read this part? There is only half the story here. People have a tendency to blow things out of proportions, then when the media gets a hold of it they go hog wild. Maybe that is not what is happening here, but there is a fair chance that there is more to the story.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
So did you all just not read this part? There is only half the story here. People have a tendency to blow things out of proportions, then when the media gets a hold of it they go hog wild. Maybe that is not what is happening here, but there is a fair chance that there is more to the story.
There is a reason that I don't get too upset about stories from social media and such sources. This doesn't seem much more reliable than @esmith claiming that Bill Nye wants to penalize parents for having too many kids.
Tom

Skwim

Veteran Member
I think it's just a case of this culture's dress code and purity ethic, really.
If it was I doubt dresses such as hers could be bought and worn without thought of the consequences. Consequences that would surely deter her and her mother from buying and wearing it.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
If it was I doubt dresses such as hers could be bought and worn without thought of the consequences. Consequences that would surely deter her and her mother from buying and wearing it.

I'm unsure. Even in the UK you can buy skimpy outfits but find venues where you will not be allowed to wear them. It could just perhaps have been this particular man's sense of prudence that was at odds with youth culture.

Skwim

Veteran Member
I'm unsure. Even in the UK you can buy skimpy outfits but find venues where you will not be allowed to wear them. It could just perhaps have been this particular man's sense of prudence that was at odds with youth culture.
Which means it wouldn't be "a case of this culture's dress code and purity ethic."

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Which means it wouldn't be "a case of this culture's dress code and purity ethic."

So, I'm not allowed to change my mind? o_O

Rival: Brings up a point
Skwim: Brings up a better point
Rival: Never thought of that, you're right, here's another point.

Chill out, dude.