• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ghostaka and YmirGF: The 'Sweet' Discussion

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
:Dfo’Show that makes sense, since that's exactly the point in Islam (although it does not coincide with your concept of God). Being that the Creator is greater than the creation and (additionally, and perhaps uniquely?) He does not need them to exist.
I understand, but politely choose to disagree. In my view without creation, god would no longer be god. IT would simply be a Oneness that knows nothing, as there would be nothing to know. In those terms, God most certainly NEEDS what is created in Its wake and of its own being.

But you see, we believe that we are confined in this world (because we are not allowed to see them) and Allah and His creation that are unseen to us are reality instead. But as you’ve rightly acknowledged, they cannot be deemed as non existent. Sure no problem, I look forward to revisiting the topic :).
Interesting, I choose to believe that we are as confined as we believe we are. That single belief tends to remove a very heavy lid off of understanding.

That’s all good, but I can’t imagine that that would be the end of your quest…
That is correct. That phase was only near the beginning and that was now decades ago. I have not been sitting around since then, lol.

Ah but don't they remind you of Al-Musawwir (The Bestower of form, The Shaper) a.k.a. Allah? :D [Well they do for believers in God at least]
Only if Allah is used as a symbol for our unacknowledged nature, then perhaps...

Agreed upon since it is the same in Islam except for number five. What do you assume/believe will happen to your “‘I’-ness”/larger identity when you die? (Reference to number two)
It continues to grow.

Haven't you read of the 'certain Degree of Awareness' possessed by 'Solid Inanimate Objects' referred to in the Qur'an ;)? The explanation being that Allah creates this characteristic - humbleness - in stones/objects. For instance, Allah says:

33:72 {Truly, We did offer Al-Amanah (the trust) to the heavens and the earth, and the mountains, but they declined to bear it and were afraid of it (i.e. afraid of Allah's torment}
55:6 {And the stars and the trees both prostrate themselves (to Allah)}
16:48 {Have they not observed the things that Allah has created: (how) their shadows incline}
59:21 {Had We sent down this Qur’an on a mountain}
41:21 {And they will say to their skins, “Why do you testify against us?” They will say: “Allah has caused us to speak.”}
I find the notion that a god would torment his creations to be somewhat unseemly and altogether repugnant. Likewise the passage outlines a distinctly primitive view of reality -- about what I'd expect from someone living in the 7th century -- but not words worthy of a god.

Well, from this we can say that the aforementioned sinking of stones means “some stones are softer than your hearts, they acknowledge the truth that you are being called to” in reference to the Children of Israel. <<< Can be considered universal as well lol ;)
But sadly, it is a point with no foundation. It is a bit odd to claim that stones are obeying god as it cannot be proven one way or the other. It is merely hyperbole. Compound this with the problem that God has never been proven to exist and the whole thing tends to lose its punch.

Again, this seems to be Allah here. I say this because this is stressed a multitude of times in the Qur'an. That being, Allah telling humankind to look at their surroundings and realize that Allah's Sustenance, Magnificence and Might (among a lot of others) is observed within and around them.
I understand that, Ghostaka. What is left out, in my opinion, is that each aspect is an aspect of god. Each aspect is an expression of god. In some terms, each aspect is a local manifestation of god. Every atom, and every star. Every animal and every person. Each is a manifestation of the endless creativity of god. (Bear in mind, I am trying to use your terms here.) Every thought you think is a part of what god is. Every particle of dark matter or dark energy is a part of what god is. Each is an expression of that latent source.

Oh I see what you mean and I see the difference as well. Butz before we move on I require some clarification: By “responds to your prayers” are you referring to the feeling some people get when they supplicate/ask singular God for something? Because at the moment, I would highlight that supplicating is between the soul and God. Since it is the soul/inner self and its intentions that we say Allah can see into.
In my view, this is a grave distortion, rendered by those who have little understanding of the nature of the soul. As a person, currently existing within three-dimensional reality, you are not the commander of your soul. Fortunately it has its own mind and it is the soul that is always the responder - regardless of the belief of the believer. IF, and I stress IF, this is understood then some interesting things can occur, but one has to understand that they are part of something that is far larger than our limited and somewhat arrogant minds normally conceive.

A super (and perhaps complex) question:
In reference to your mention of the Abrahamic religions earlier, what would be your main reason to arrive at the conclusion that Allah doesn’t exist?
No single being is God, as the totality of ALL THAT IS cannot possibly be described AS a single being.

It is my experience that God is a shared experience, contrary to your teaching that god has no partners. If anything, "god" is the greatest partnership that has ever been or will ever be.

While we are on the subject, I'll leave you with a startling thought. There is no being, anywhere, that is more "divine" than Ghostaka. Now, if that isn't a multi-layered sentence with far reaching implications, I don't know what is.

In Hinduism, it is said that "each soul is potentially divine"; I go one further and say that "each soul is essentially divine". Divinity, like majesty, doesn't exist, save for what you make it to be.

Reactions: kai

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
As long as you are coming back, I can wait. I don't care if our conversation goes on for months.