• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

George Zimmerman Verdict: NOT GUILTY

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
Yeah... but I also know what 24 hours in a day is.

Apparently not if you think it's impossible to watch recorded television at your own convenience... I watch some before work, some when I get home. No matter what, I get to pick up right where I left off, and it stays stored on the TV until I delete it.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Apparently not if you think it's impossible to watch recorded television at your own convenience... I watch some before work, some when I get home. No matter what, I get to pick up right where I left off, and it stays stored on the TV until I delete it.

8 hours a day is 8 hours a day .Period. Doesn't matter when you watched it.Court is a work day dude.You claimed you were watching it as it occurred or roughly.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..

The AMOUNT of hours that trial was ??Would have taken ALL or most of your leisure time .

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
8 hours a day of work 8 of trial and 8 of sleep! That adds up!

1) I don't have to watch all 8 hours of trial in one day. Or I can watch 10 hours in one day. It doesn't matter, because it's recorded.
2)I barely ever sleep for 8 hours. 5-6 is more accurate.
3)I don't always work 8 hour shifts. I might work 4pm-8pm one day, 2pm-1am the next. I also get entire days off in between (imagine that!) I don't work a desk job with a set schedule...

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
O.K well that makes sense.You don't have a full time job and you only sleep 5 or 6 hours a night and spent all your free time watching the trial.(oh and not having sex with many different people... that takes time too) .So I believe you .

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
O.K well that makes sense.You don't have a full time job and you only sleep 5 or 6 hours a night and spent all your free time watching the trial.(oh and not having sex with many different people... that takes time too) .So I believe you .

I do have a full time job. I work 40+ hours a week, just not the same amount of hours a day.

Mercy Not Sacrifice

Actually, I was not engaging in question begging, which is an informal fallacy of a premise entailing a conclusion. You mean to "raise a question". And it is a very good question, one with many answers, eg, poor areas where they can't afford the policing they need, cultural insensitivity to violence within the group, a predilection for violence among urban poor.

No, beg the question. And raise the question. It did both.

4consideration

Premium Member
HLN... And actually, yes it does. What do you want a screenshot of my DVR?

I have no problem believing that you watched the trial.

I find it hard to believe there would be 8 hours of courtroom footage a day. As I have observed in the past in actually attending trials, they tend to have lunch breaks -- and other breaks. I do not know what actually occurred during this one.

Were the DVR recordings 8 hours of nothing but trial footage -- meaning 8 hours a day, without commercial breaks that you can fast forward through, or any other news stories filling in during lunch breaks? Just curious.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
I have no problem believing that you watched the trial.

I find it hard to believe there would be 8 hours of courtroom footage a day. As I have observed in the past in actually attending trials, they tend to have lunch breaks -- and other breaks. I do not know what actually occurred during this one.

Were the DVR recordings 8 hours of nothing but trial footage -- meaning 8 hours a day, without commercial breaks that you can fast forward through, or any other news stories filling in during lunch breaks? Just curious.

I didn't say there were 8 hours of footage a day, that was being assumed by people who didn't watch any of the trial, because of course a trial lasts from the time the doors open til they close with no breaks in between :rolleyes:.

No, the recordings were about 6 to 6 and a half hours of footage a day. There were commercial breaks but they would pause the trial and resume (they made a big deal of this giant "play" button, that was pretty ridiculous in my opinion) when the commercials were over so nobody missed any of the trial.

The only reason this was even being disputed was because I said people who didn't watch any of the trial obviously got a twisted version of the events from their preferred right or left-wing biased news agency.

4consideration

Premium Member
I didn't say there were 8 hours of footage a day, that was being assumed by people who didn't watch any of the trial, because of course a trial lasts from the time the doors open til they close with no breaks in between :rolleyes:.

No, the recordings were about 6 to 6 and a half hours of footage a day. There were commercial breaks but they would pause the trial and resume (they made a big deal of this giant "play" button, that was pretty ridiculous in my opinion) when the commercials were over so nobody missed any of the trial.

The only reason this was even being disputed was because I said people who didn't watch any of the trial obviously got a twisted version of the events from their preferred right or left-wing biased news agency.

Thank you. That's about what I thought would be the case.

I didn't think you made the assertion of the trial lasting 8 hours a day. I saw that you were being questioned on an assumption of that, and something you did not state as being the case. Since it was being treated as obviously being the case (which was not obvious to me) I just wanted to clear that up in case I was wrong.

(I tried to find the information for myself online, in case it was established somewhere exactly how long the trial was in terms of courtroom time, in the event that 8 hours was actually an accurate figure, but I couldn't find it. Thanks again.)