• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

George Zimmerman Verdict: NOT GUILTY

Skwim

Veteran Member
"(CBS) SANFORD, Fla. - Following nearly three weeks of testimony, a jury of six women in the George Zimmerman trial has found the former neighborhood watch volunteer not guilty of second-degree murder.

He was also found not guilty of the lesser offense of manslaughter, which the jury also weighed.

zimm108_244x183.jpg

The jury deliberated until late Saturday night after Zimmerman's defense wrapped up closing statements and the prosecution concluded rebuttal arguments Friday. Zimmerman, 29, was charged with second-degree murder in the shooting death of Florida teen Trayvon Martin during an altercation last year in a Sanford, Fla. gated community. Zimmerman pleaded not guilty, claiming he shot the teen in self-defense.

Speaking to Zimmerman after the verdict, Circuit Judge Debra Nelson said, "You have no further business with this court."

Zimmerman hugged family members following the verdict.
SOURCE

Mercy Not Sacrifice

My god. What is this country becoming. First that abomination that happened in the Texas legislature. Now this. I struggle to remember a ****tier weekend in the news than this one.

Anyone who is not a rich, white, heterosexual, American, conservative Christian male, your place in this country grows smaller by the day.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
My god. What is this country becoming. First that abomination that happened in the Texas legislature. Now this. I struggle to remember a ****tier weekend in the news than this one.

Anyone who is not a rich, white, heterosexual, American, conservative Christian male, your place in this country grows smaller by the day.

Zimmerman's Hispanic. The media depicted him as a white man to create a race issue that didn't exist in the first place.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
I'm personally glad that the justice system still works the way it's supposed to sometimes. There was insufficient evidence for a guilty verdict, and that was clear from the beginning of the trial. Good job, jury.

Huey09

He who struggles with God
Zimmerman's Hispanic. The media depicted him as a white man to create a race issue that didn't exist in the first place.
If you really believe that just because you're not white you cannot be racist or profile other people. You are dead wrong. Also you can be white and Hispanic. What did you think the Spanish who came to South America raping and pillaging were? Brown?

Huey09

I'm personally glad that the justice system still works the way it's supposed to sometimes. There was insufficient evidence for a guilty verdict, and that was clear from the beginning of the trial. Good job, jury.
I wonder if you would feel the same if someone killed your son?:sarcastic

Huey09

However, I will also say that this trial did get turned into a circus about race. This trial has shown though, that as a people in America we still haven't moved beyond such an issue and that's the real tragedy

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
If you really believe that just because you're not white you cannot be racist or profile other people. You are dead wrong. Also you can be white and Hispanic. What did you think the Spanish who came to South America raping and pillaging were? Brown?

Spaniards are Caucasian. Hispanic refers to people of Latin American descent. I never said people who aren't white can't be racist. It just wouldn't have gotten the same media attention if they said Zimmerman was Hispanic.

Huey09

Spaniards are Caucasian. Hispanic refers to people of Latin American descent. I never said people who aren't white can't be racist. It just wouldn't have gotten the same media attention if they said Zimmerman was Hispanic.
Agreed