• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Genocide in 1st Samuel 15:2-3

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Frankly, it is common knowledge that if the Israelites listened to GOD, they would not have Arabs today jumping all over them... That is special.:rolleyes: And the reality is that all the groups of the Near East are collectively related. If not through Ishmael then it must be Esau. They are all brothers --- half and whole...

So by common knowledge you mean your particular myth-system?

Kerr

It is a whole lot to be responcible over. One scew up and poof. :eek:

Which is also one of the reasons I am careful about this, and instead of letting a deity decide for me I decide which deity to like. Which happens to be none :p. Anyway, if I had to choose, I could "worship" (not in the traditional way, though) a deity if they had some characteristics but not others. I could "worship" a deity of true love and compassion, not one of rage and hate. Hope that makes sense, lol.

Well lets see. There is the theory of black holes. I'm not sure if anyone has actually seen one except on startrek or whatever. But there are those who have faith in the concept of black holes as they have aquired knowledge of them by reading everything that they could get their hands on. Does this sound right to you? :shrug:
Yes, but as stated there exist several levels of knowledge. Knowledge about the "theory of black holes" (or however one should put it) is not the same as the knowledge about if they exist. We can suspect and believe they exist because we have observed how they have effected what is around them, even though we have not actually seen one. It could theoretically be something else, but it is what we believe now causes these phenomenons we have observed.

It is just hard to me to read things in verse form, lol. But I will try anyway :).

gwk230

Hope that makes sense, lol.

Perfectly!

It could theoretically be something else,

Who knows? It could be Elohim doing it all huh? :D

It is just hard to me to read things in verse form, lol. But I will try anyway :).

No, thats o.k. Don't read it on my account. The last thing I would want to be blamed for is putting you through anything that might cause you pain or discomfort. :(

Kerr

Who knows? It could be Elohim doing it all huh? :D
Lol, maybe. He could have developed a taste for eating stars, who knows. But we have yet to see him while he does that, so to us atheists it is most likely a black hole :p.

No, thats o.k. Don't read it on my account. The last thing I would want to be blamed for is putting you through anything that might cause you pain or discomfort. :(
You are reading to much into it, it is not a matter of discomfort or anything, just that I have hard to focus on and understand text in that form. Will not stop me from trying.

gwk230

Lol, maybe. He could have developed a taste for eating stars, who knows. But we have yet to see him while he does that, so to us atheists it is most likely a black hole :p.

Most likely? How do you know? How do you even know that a black hole even exist? Just because someone with all those alphabets at the end of their name says so? Are you going on blind faith from another man which tells you of some theory which has yet to be proven? Or is it just easier for you to admit to something that man has dreamed up which yet to be proven than to admit that it might be of Elohim? Just curious is all and no offence meant. :)

You are reading to much into it, it is not a matter of discomfort or anything, just that I have hard to focus on and understand text in that form. Will not stop me from trying.

O-tay. :)

Kerr

Most likely? How do you know? How do you even know that a black hole even exist? Just because someone with all those alphabets at the end of their name says so? Are you going on blind faith from another man which tells you of some theory which has yet to be proven? Or is it just easier for you to admit to something that man has dreamed up which yet to be proven than to admit that it might be of Elohim? Just curious is all and no offence meant. :)
It is not blind faith is you say most likely, you know :p.

As to why I think they exist, black holes are to my knowledge assumed to exist because we have observed how things react out in space. It is like there is an invisible force doing some things. Like eating stars. No one has had a better explanation, unless you count saying it is God as one. In that case we stand between faith in an entity that, as I see it, propobly do not exist, or something that has scientific reasons to be assumed to exist. It may be something else, but black holes fit our observations the best... at the moment. Thing with science, it evolves, and what is proved false is rejected.

No offense taken.

gwk230

It is not blind faith is you say most likely, you know :p.

No offense :p but it is from where I'm sitting. :cover: faith. Thats exactly what it is. :yes:

As to why I think they exist, black holes are to my knowledge assumed to exist because we have observed how things react out in space. It is like there is an invisible force doing some things. Like eating stars. No one has had a better explanation, unless you count saying it is God as one. In that case we stand between faith in an entity that, as I see it, probably do not exist, or something that has scientific reasons to be assumed to exist. It may be something else, but black holes fit our observations the best... at the moment. Thing with science, it evolves, and what is proved false is rejected.

At least you can be truthful to yourself and say things like "to my knowledge assumed to exist" and "there is an invisible force" as well as "probably do not exist" which tells me that your not completely beyond the idea of Elohim. Nice to know you can keep an open mind rather than be so stagnated by the whims of man. ;)

No offense taken.

Great :)

Kerr

No offense :p but it is from where I'm sitting. :cover: faith. Thats exactly what it is. :yes:

At least you can be truthful to yourself and say things like "to my knowledge assumed to exist" and "there is an invisible force" as well as "probably do not exist" which tells me that your not completely beyond the idea of Elohim. Nice to know you can keep an open mind rather than be so stagnated by the whims of man. ;)
Lol, if that is the way you want to look at it, then be my guest :p.