• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Genisis version of Egyptian Jewish slaves

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
I believe there were Israelites as slaves -- Google 'Hyksos'. As for lack of evidence, those ancient kingdoms were notorious for hiding embarrassing episodes from their histories -- and according to the Bible, the Israelites' God, Jehovah, not only devastated their land, but humiliated their gods! (Egypt had a frog goddess, Heqet; frogs were one of the plagues! And other animals were considered sacred to their gods.)

These events, if true (and I believe they are), would explain why the evidence is scarce....no doubt the Egyptians made a good effort to remove it. But they couldn't destroy everything....I believe there are parts of chariots in the Red Sea. Egypt, to this day, discourages (bans?) efforts to conduct searches in the Red Sea, near Neweiba, from what I understand. If what I heard was true, even a curator/director from the Cairo Museum(?) was interested in checking out the claims....as a result, he was removed from that position, and discredited! Maybe there was more to the story, IDK.

I do know one thing: Revelation 12:9 is so going on today!!
There's so much confusion, unanswered questions, and outright deception, on both sides of every issue, it seems!
There are a number of issues with the idea that the Israelites and Hyksos are connected. First, the Hyksos are considered to be rulers, who invaded Egypt, took it over, and then were expelled. This is said to have happened long before the traditional date of the Exodus. Compare this to the Israelites who are never said to invade Egypt, but slowly gather there, and then become slaves, and leave as freed slaves.

Second, there is a reason we know of the Egyptians hiding some episodes from their histories. There is clearly something missing from the record. We don't see that here. That, and we do see embarrassing issues here. After all, it would have been embarrassing to be conquered by a foreign power. Yet, we have those records.

As for the Red Sea bit and being banned, no. If you wanted, you could even go scuba diving in that region.