• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Genesis 2

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
This is nonsense. You don't even know if I'm a creationist, you don't know what I believe. That isn't even relevant if you can't understand the simple concepts behind your arguments word-usage.

Of course you are a creationist, it is unique to creationism to pretend not to understand what the word 'theory' means in science. It is some sort of tragic demonstration of faith.

There is no error in my word usage, it would take you less than a minute to google 'scientific theory' and find out for yourself. Your fear of the truth however will prevent you from spending the necessary 60 seconds.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Of course you are a creationist, it is unique to creationism to pretend not to understand what the word 'theory' means in science. It is some sort of tragic demonstration of faith.

There is no error in my word usage, it would take you less than a minute to google 'scientific theory' and find out for yourself. Your fear of the truth however will prevent you from spending the necessary 60 seconds.

Just keep living in your fantasy world. Attach any meaning to any word you like....I really don't care.:p

outhouse

Atheistically
Ahhhh....The 'head in the sand approach'. Definitions you refuse to look at won't magically stop existing.

Have a lovely weekend.

I keep him on ignore.

You wont get a rational debate.

Some people have serious comprehensive issues when it comes to the facts that it takes to make a scientific theory, and refuse it from ignorance :facepalm:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Theory by definition is an explanation for an event.
Then you can set up an experiment to see if the explanation holds true.
THEN you my call the result a fact.

Science is actually a smaller portion of this effort.
Many things do not have the luxury of a petri dish.

You wanna do theology?

Put down your history books....and step away from your scopes.

You have to think about theology.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Theory by definition is an explanation for an event.
Then you can set up an experiment to see if the explanation holds true.
THEN you my call the result a fact.

True. Though many people want their theories to be taken as fact.

p.s. the fact that not everything can be closely scrutinized doesn't mean we can't prove facts, but it hinders somewhat, leaves variables.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
True. Though many people want their theories to be taken as fact.

p.s. the fact that not everything can be closely scrutinized doesn't mean we can't prove facts, but it hinders somewhat, leaves variables.

Many people state their beliefs AS fact.
That makes the nonbeliever very 'testy'
Then comes that continual cry for evidence......
all the while they know no proof will be rendered.

God does not fit in the petri dish.
There will be no photo.
There will be no fingerprint.
There will be no equation.
No proof to lay in debate.

But we do have reason and logic.

I say there are too many souls in body to say we all perish into dust.

There is an afterlife.
I suspect most of us won't be allowed to continue.
Most of that will be cause and effect.

If you don't believe in heaven......why let you in?
So I believe.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Some people cannot approach a spiritual debate.
They've got their heads stuck in a book....somewhere.

Comprehension is not about recital.

outhouse

Atheistically
This is viewed a truth for most of the educated world, theist included, and contains substantiated facts to back their position.

You don't have to like the truth, or be part of the majority.

IAP - IAP Statement on the Teaching of Evolution

We agree that the following evidence-based facts about the origins and evolution of the Earth and of life on this planet have been established by numerous observations and independently derived experimental results from a multitude of scientific disciplines. Even if there are still many open questions about the precise details of evolutionary change, scientific evidence has never contradicted these results:

•In a universe that has evolved towards its present configuration for some 11 to 15 billion years, our Earth formed approximately 4.5 billion years ago.
•Since its formation, the Earth – its geology and its environments – has changed under the effect of numerous physical and chemical forces and continues to do so.
•Life appeared on Earth at least 2.5 billion years ago. The evolution, soon after, of photosynthetic organisms enabled, from at least 2 billion years ago, the slow transformation of the atmosphere to one containing substantial quantities of oxygen. In addition to the release of the oxygen that we breathe, the process of photosynthesis is the ultimate source of fixed energy and food upon which human life on the planet depends.
•Since its first appearance on Earth, life has taken many forms, all of which continue to evolve, in ways which palaeontology and the modern biological and biochemical sciences are describing and independently confirming with increasing precision. Commonalities in the structure of the genetic code of all organisms living today, including humans, clearly indicate their common primordial origin.

sincerly

The Big Bang is not a myth, it is an explanation of the observable evidence. And life being created spontaneously from dust/mud is in the bible, as well as in scienctific hypothesis.

Hi bunyip, That is what I have asked to be reproduced. That "evidence". Yes, we all see the present day earth and all that is upon it. Now your job is to allow us to see your making of the "substances/elements" which you are producing from "nothing". When do you think you will have the "event" set-up for all to view?

Scripturally, No life came into Being "From spontaneity"--but from the Creator GOD. However, set up your life giving "pool"; and what is your time-frame for "Life" to spontaneously "generate"?

Is that a reference to the exodus? If so, you need to realise that there is no historical evidence of Moses or the exodus whatsoever, it does not appear in Egyptian history.

Let's see. Yes, names were changed to local names. before and after that period of time. Didn't I see referrence that there was some eradicating of names from records? Even today, records are altered.

Again you are mistaken, scientific theories are not claimed to be proofs - they are falsifyable explanations. Science certainly knows more details about the origin of the universe and life than can be found in theology.

That (A)verifiable"big-bang" is what I want you to accomplish. The theory,itself, just does NOT make it a fact.---it only tells the supposition of what is thought to be the "cause of the "effect".
Therefore, the not able to complete what is supposed/opinionated. Lack of the many admitted "details". Possibly, you are agreeing that what is concluded is "falsifyable explanations".

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Hi bunyip, That is what I have asked to be reproduced. That "evidence". Yes, we all see the present day earth and all that is upon it. Now your job is to allow us to see your making of the "substances/elements" which you are producing from "nothing". When do you think you will have the "event" set-up for all to view?

Why on earth would I need to do that? I don't need to even have a vaugue interest in cosmology, why would I?

Why would an atheist need to explain something that Theists know nothong about anyway? I'm an atheist my friend, not a cosmologist.

I should ask to see YOUR making of the substance/elements which produced god from nothing. Please, you go first - make a god from nothing in front of me, and then show me that god making matter......

Surely you can meet the standard you are setting for disbelief?

Scripturally, No life came into Being "From spontaneity"--but from the Creator GOD. However, set up your life giving "pool"; and what is your time-frame for "Life" to spontaneously "generate"?
Well that is an easy question to answer. The first life forms emerged after about 700 million years.

Let's see. Yes, names were changed to local names. before and after that period of time. Didn't I see referrence that there was some eradicating of names from records? Even today, records are altered.

That (A)verifiable"big-bang" is what I want you to accomplish. The theory,itself, just does NOT make it a fact.---it only tells the supposition of what is thought to be the "cause of the "effect".
Therefore, the not able to complete what is supposed/opinionated. Lack of the many admitted "details". Possibly, you are agreeing that what is concluded is "falsifyable explanations".
Theories explain the facts, they are superior to facts. Again I remind you that I am an atheist not a cosmologist, I don't know how micro-processors work either.

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
YOU do not get to dictate what evidence is required.

BECAUSE YOU NEVER SUPPLY ANY.

YOU make claims and never back a single one up. FAITH is not evidence.