• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Genesis 2

sincerly

Originally Posted by sincerly
When are you going to bring REAL evidence produced by those theories made by men??""---all that "material produced from nothing" and the life that non-organic material produced??

The "REAL" Evidence as produced by GOD is visible---just look out your window. (I know it was visible when I was in California for five years.)

Theories are entirely drawn from evidence. Theories are how the facts and evidences are explained.
As to inorganic becoming organic, life comes from inorganic material every day - you are converting inorganic material to life in your digestive system right now.

How life began is something that science has learned a great deal about, but how god began and how god created life are questions that have never been answered.

Hi Bunyip, Correct, what is seen in nature has been "Theorized" to have their existence as man deemed. Man has taken "Humpty-Dumpty" apart and learned a great deal in the process. But the conclusion they came to in trying to put him back together has many lacking "Details" which denounce their conclusion as "FACT".

Yes, we eat organic stuff mainly with some salt(inorganic), But since our Bodies are in a "fearfully and wonderfully made state" By GOD---digestion does render such to the necessary needs of the body.(fuel/repair/etc). It is "life" that begets "life". "Life" did NOT spontaneously happen. That is one of the "details" which the "scientist" admit they can not accomplish with their "Theories". Neither can they show how to make all the elements which go into producing the "living cell" and all that is seen about one by/through a "big bang" of nothing. Or produce the source for any pre-existing "substance". Where did it come from???

The scriptures tell us The Creator GOD made all things. HE "spake and it stood fast".

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
When are you going to bring REAL evidence produced by those theories made by men??""---all that "material produced from nothing" and the life that non-organic material produced??

The "REAL" Evidence as produced by GOD is visible---just look out your window. (I know it was visible when I was in California for five years.)

Hi Bunyip, Correct, what is seen in nature has been "Theorized" to have their existence as man deemed. Man has taken "Humpty-Dumpty" apart and learned a great deal in the process. But the conclusion they came to in trying to put him back together has many lacking "Details" which denounce their conclusion as "FACT".

Yes, we eat organic stuff mainly with some salt(inorganic), But since our Bodies are in a "fearfully and wonderfully made state" By GOD---digestion does render such to the necessary needs of the body.(fuel/repair/etc). It is "life" that begets "life". "Life" did NOT spontaneously happen. That is one of the "details" which the "scientist" admit they can not accomplish with their "Theories". Neither can they show how to make all the elements which go into producing the "living cell" and all that is seen about one by/through a "big bang" of nothing. Or produce the source for any pre-existing "substance". Where did it come from???

The scriptures tell us The Creator GOD made all things. HE "spake and it stood fast".

I think you are holding the wrong end of the stick my friend - where did god come from? How did god make life? Religion can not answer those fundamental questions, and so can tell us less about reality than science has, not more.

You are criticising science for not being able to answer questions that faith can not answer, and that involve subjects that science has taught us far, far more about than faith ever has.

HOW did god make things from nothing? I know you believe that he did it, but HOW did he do it?

sincerly

Originally Posted by Bunyip
but how god began and how god created life are questions that have never been answered.

And we know that as written the religious mythology did not take place, nor could have Israelites known about any aspect of human origins from their point of ignorance.

And "We know" that the real myth is that which is presented as a "big bang" and "spontaneous life from a pool of mud".
The Creator GOD informed Moses and the Israelites of the Creation of all things and that knowledge was incorporated into the fourth Commandment of the Decalogue---Written there by GOD's Own finger on the tablets of stone.

Sincerely cannot prove his YEC belief in any way, yet WE have a mountain facts in support of the scientific reality we all live in.

Semantics?? the same "reality that we all live in" supports the Creator GOD as the Source. As did the Forty years of leading, sustaining over one million persons, animals, etc. by miracles recorded by those witnesses to GOD'S Power.
All that "a mountain facts" lack admitted vital foundation "Details".

...Including him. He also uses science daily, then bashes it in his next sentence.

Yes, Knowledge has been increased greatly---in my life-time, but modern man is just as fallible as was those of yesteryear. What you are purposefully ignoring is those scientist's acknowledged lack of vital "Details" and believing their similarities which are NOT proof, but suppositions/conclusions which "it would be silly not to believe".

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Originally Posted by Bunyip
but how god began and how god created life are questions that have never been answered.

And "We know" that the real myth is that which is presented as a "big bang" and "spontaneous life from a pool of mud".
The Creator GOD informed Moses and the Israelites of the Creation of all things and that knowledge was incorporated into the fourth Commandment of the Decalogue---Written there by GOD's Own finger on the tablets of stone.

The Big Bang is not a myth, it is an explanation of the observable evidence. And life being created spontaneously from dust/mud is in the bible, as well as in scienctific hypothesis.

Semantics?? the same "reality that we all live in" supports the Creator GOD as the Source. As did the Forty years of leading, sustaining over one million persons, animals, etc. by miracles recorded by those witnesses to GOD'S Power.
All that "a mountain facts" lack admitted vital foundation "Details".

Is that a reference to the exodus? If so, you need to realise that there is no historical evidence of Moses or the exodus whatsoever, it does not appear in Egyptian history.

Yes, Knowledge has been increased greatly---in my life-time, but modern man is just as fallible as was those of yesteryear. What you are purposefully ignoring is those scientist's acknowledged lack of vital "Details" and believing their similarities which are NOT proof, but suppositions/conclusions which "it would be silly not to believe".

Again you are mistaken, scientific theories are not claimed to be proofs - they are falsifyable explanations. Science certainly knows more details about the origin of the universe and life than can be found in theology.

outhouse

Atheistically
Is that a reference to the exodus? If so, you need to realise that there is no historical evidence of Moses or the exodus whatsoever, it does not appear in Egyptian history.

EXACTLY.

Historians have abandoned the search for such a figure as even being historical.

Moses - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That means an exodus of the scale described in the Torah would have been impossible

While the general narrative of the Exodus and the conquest of the Promised Land may be remotely rooted in historical events, the figure of Moses as a leader of the Israelites in these events cannot be substantiated

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
EXACTLY.

Historians have abandoned the search for such a figure as even being historical.

Moses - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That means an exodus of the scale described in the Torah would have been impossible

While the general narrative of the Exodus and the conquest of the Promised Land may be remotely rooted in historical events, the figure of Moses as a leader of the Israelites in these events cannot be substantiated

The Egyptians kept very good records and so much of their history has been preserved, a Pharoah lost in the Red Sea could not go unnoticed. The Jews fleeing to,Canaan when Canaan was an Egyptian province at the time is also clearly mythological.

Not to forget that the entirety of the Egyptian civilisation would need to have emerged from Noah's family in just a few generations - the birth rate would need to be absolutely staggering, and the Jews would all have to be close kin to the Egyptians anywsy.

Sure, people can criticise science - but to do so on the basis of a lack of evidence in comparison to religion is just painfully absurd.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Saw one guy on a science documentary point out the name of Moses.....
carved in stone on Egyptian monument.

Go figure.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Nope....I got it right.

I assume not, if it were true you could identify the documentary.

Claiming that some nameless scientist in a documentary you can not identify showed something contrary to established historical fact is just pointless.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian

Claiming that some nameless scientist in a documentary you can not identify showed something contrary to established historical fact is just pointless.

Sorry dude.....I'm not good with names.
But I recall the program....none the less.

sincerly

Yet you NEVER bring a shred of evidence to the table, only wish and want.

Hi outhouse, you posted those sites as "evidence". I just pointed out that they acknowledge the Lack of "details" which you have ignored.

Again, my
Yes, Knowledge has been increased greatly---in my life-time, but modern man is just as fallible as was those of yesteryear. What you are purposefully ignoring is those scientist's acknowledged lack of vital "Details" and believing their "similarities" which are NOT proof, but suppositions/conclusions which "it would be silly not to believe".

So! Were you presenting evidence?

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
Hi outhouse, you posted those sites as "evidence". I just pointed out that they acknowledge the Lack of "details" which you have ignored.

You do not get to even try to discredit knowledge you cannot understand :slap:

You do not understand the science at hand.

We do not have to have ALL of the details to understand how things work in the world. Gravity is not up for dispute, and the apple factually falls 100% OF THE TIME.

All life evolves, and we have a mountain of fcatual details in support. Your failure to realize the evidence due to your BIAS, well its just to bad and sad for society that people refuse knowledge and education. :facepalm:

outhouse

Atheistically
So! Were you presenting evidence?

I provided FACTS based on mountains of evidence.

YOU do not get to discount FACTS based on theistic bias, :facepalm:

YOU have no evidence for a young earth, none at all.

This is viewed a truth for most of the educated world, theist included, and contains substantiated facts to back their position.

You don't have to like the truth, or be part of the majority.

IAP - IAP Statement on the Teaching of Evolution

We agree that the following evidence-based facts about the origins and evolution of the Earth and of life on this planet have been established by numerous observations and independently derived experimental results from a multitude of scientific disciplines. Even if there are still many open questions about the precise details of evolutionary change, scientific evidence has never contradicted these results:

•In a universe that has evolved towards its present configuration for some 11 to 15 billion years, our Earth formed approximately 4.5 billion years ago.
•Since its formation, the Earth – its geology and its environments – has changed under the effect of numerous physical and chemical forces and continues to do so.
•Life appeared on Earth at least 2.5 billion years ago. The evolution, soon after, of photosynthetic organisms enabled, from at least 2 billion years ago, the slow transformation of the atmosphere to one containing substantial quantities of oxygen. In addition to the release of the oxygen that we breathe, the process of photosynthesis is the ultimate source of fixed energy and food upon which human life on the planet depends.
•Since its first appearance on Earth, life has taken many forms, all of which continue to evolve, in ways which palaeontology and the modern biological and biochemical sciences are describing and independently confirming with increasing precision. Commonalities in the structure of the genetic code of all organisms living today, including humans, clearly indicate their common primordial origin.

outhouse

Atheistically

Exactly.

He has no sources.

sincerly

I think you are holding the wrong end of the stick my friend - where did god come from? How did god make life? Religion can not answer those fundamental questions, and so can tell us less about reality than science has, not more.
That is your freedom to chose/believe.
The Scriptures only say that GOD existed from everlasting unto everlasting. As above, the Scriptures state(Ps.33:6-9), "By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth. He gathereth the waters of the sea together as an heap: he layeth up the depth in storehouses. Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him. For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast."
And Gen.2:7, "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." (Person;Being)

Scientist have taken apart organisms, but can only speculate as to the How/Why of the living relationship of the "functions".

You are criticising science for not being able to answer questions that faith can not answer, and that involve subjects that science has taught us far, far more about than faith ever has.

In the articles(sites) which were given/posted as fact, they acknowledged that there are lacking/unknown "details" and that having gone as far as they could in assuming the similarities were "facts" of there being a "common ancestor"--it "would be silly not to accept" the "theory" as true.
That assumption is based on the same "FAITH"(system of belief) which has told all who read the Scriptures that there truly is a GOD.( and Hope beyond the(seen) destructiveness of man's inhumanity to man.)

HOW did god make things from nothing? I know you believe that he did it, but HOW did he do it?

See above. Also, The How?--- will be personally shown when GOD creates the New heavens and earth---as the Scriptures state. Wouldn't you like to witness that moment?

sincerly

You do not get to even try to discredit knowledge you cannot understand :slap:

You do not understand the science at hand.

We do not have to have ALL of the details to understand how things work in the world. Gravity is not up for dispute, and the apple factually falls 100% OF THE TIME.

All life evolves, and we have a mountain of fcatual details in support. Your failure to realize the evidence due to your BIAS, well its just to bad and sad for society that people refuse knowledge and education. :facepalm:

Yes, gravity does work and the details are unknown by mankind. In those sites you continue to re-post, those Scientist acknowledge that many details for their conclusions are lacking. What is seen in the world about us has life or is inorganic(elemental/elemental compounds).
Their conclusion that the life one sees came from elemental material produced by a "big bang" consisting of "nothing" is said to be "fact".
Outhouse, that's not "fact", but "faith". It is your belief/"faith" that what modern scientist "believe"/have concocted in their imaginations concerning the source of the earth and the life upon it is truth and that is your choice.

I, believe them in their acknowledging that many "details" for their conclusions are lacking. I, also, believe them when they believe that because they DO NOT have those necessary "details" that they still have "faith" in their "Theories". ""silly not to do so". But that does not account for the reality of the living actual world about us.

To the Contrary, my "bias" isn't due to religion, but to the fact of the reality of what is seen in the "universe"---in contrast to that which is taught "knowledge" by "educational institutions". (And the "every day life" encounters)

"Gravity"---we are not flung off of the earth by centrifugal force; nor do we fall off the earth due to the position we live upon the earth. The orderliness of the orbits; etc. I'm sure you recognize that what we see(and don't see) has a purpose and a design. We do not exist in a random chaotic universe; but mankind has turned a peaceful existence(upon earth) into one of the "survival of the fittest" "dog eat dog existence".
Yes, there is a Creator GOD who promises to restore all things which have been corrupted.

outhouse

Atheistically
those Scientist acknowledge that many details for their conclusions are lacking.

YOUR NOT COMPREHENDING ANYTHING.

:facepalm:

No, they have all the details needed to make a conclusion.

Can you read English?

IAP - IAP Statement on the Teaching of Evolution

have been established by numerous observations and independently derived experimental results from a multitude of scientific disciplines

scientific evidence has never contradicted these results

sincerly

the IAP statement said:
Even if there are still many open questions about the precise details of evolutionary change, scientific evidence has never contradicted these results:

'''''Originally Posted by sincerly
those Scientist acknowledge that many details for their conclusions are lacking.

YOUR NOT COMPREHENDING ANYTHING.

:facepalm:

No, they have all the details needed to make a conclusion.

Can you read English?

Hi outhouse, Yes, I read and understand English. It is you who have covered your eyes--and apparently do not understand that those acknowledged missing "details" are why their conclusions---prov.14:12 which---" there is a way that seemth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death".

Admittedly, by them, it is "silly not to believe" that which has been theorized even without the "details".

Because -they have not contradicted their own conclusions----still doesn't validate their conclusions.