• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Genesis 1:26 and the Trinity

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Stop right there, pause for a minute. the church has the Authority of God to TEACH if it God in the Church doing the TEACHING
False. Christ appointed his apostles to teach.
as the apostle Paul said my proof is in my epistles. so is my proof in my POSTS
You’re not Paul, and you’re not an apostle. Credibility of writing is assigned by peer review. Where’s your peer review? You’re not an authority just because you say so.

and as the bible says, "Prove 101G. in ERROR?".
The Bible doesn’t ask us to prove your posts in error.
just like 101G know for a fact that Rahab, in the book of Judges was not a prostute either,
No you don’t. A fact would consist of incontrovertible written evidence, or eyewitness testimony. You have neither.
and no, I'm not a scholar, nor an expert,
Then you have no authority to claim that the scholars are wrong.

but 101G is a son of God
That doesn’t grant one special privileges in the credibility department.

74x12

Genesis 1 26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”
I was taught in church that the “us” was proof of the Trinity. Those who don’t believe in the Trinity, who are the “us” in this verse? I’m curious
I believe it's prophetic of Jesus who is God. You see God makes us twice in his image if you pay attention to the scriptures.

First he made Adam and Eve in his own image but later on Jesus comes to remake us into his own image. He's the 2nd Adam according to the scriptures. Because when Jesus comes only he is the express image of God. So then this verse is prophetic. Jesus taught that you must be born again. The fact is he comes to make us again into the image of God because we went astray.

This is one reason why the scripture teaches that he was reconciling all things to himself in the cross. (Colossians 1:20)

So I believe it's proof that Jesus is God alright. But it's not the Trinity talking to each other.

I'm oneness.

101G

You ask.. he is Both LORD and Lord. can you agree with that statement? yes or no.
To be very clear.. Jesus is Both God and Man! Jesus is the "God/Man"! Mary is the Mother of Elizabeth's LORD! Jews have ONE Lord and that is God! EVERY...
101G
every place in the whole chapter of Luke 1 where the word "Lord" is written you can substitute the word "God" ! Example.. Luke 1:15 for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. (GOD) He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born.
GINOLJC, to all.
First thanks for the reply, second, this is not what I aske you. let me say it again, is JESUS both LORD and Lord, yes or No?.

You said... 101G is consistent in every post he makes.
I reply: You have NO AUTHORITY! You are NOT CHURCH! You speak for no one! You are consistent in every post; full of error! God gave his AUTHORITY to the ONE Church he established before he ascended back into heaven! NONE OTHERS!
your opinion? thought so, You have no clue as to what AUTHORITY 101G has. I see where this is going, good day.

PICJAG, 101G.

101G

False. Christ appointed his apostles to teach.
NO, you ERROR, who is actually teaching? the human or God? understand Teaching is a GIFT, and God is the Gift. no man can preach unless God is in him or her, for God speak through his anointed one's. so don't think that it's you who is teaching preaching, or singing, or praying. this is one of the problem of the christian church, follow, not think you're leading.

You’re not Paul, and you’re not an apostle. Credibility of writing is assigned by peer review. Where’s your peer review? You’re not an authority just because you say so.
did I say I was Paul, or ... "LIKE" ... Paul in that respect. or did I say I was an apostle? see how you just added that. the mark of or the trait of the evil one. change your ways... ok. and what 101G has written is it in Christ? if not as said before... "prove me in ERROR". see you cannot.

The Bible doesn’t ask us to prove your posts in error.
another ERROR on your part, 1 Thessalonians 5:21 "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." is not my post a thing?

No you don’t. A fact would consist of incontrovertible written evidence, or eyewitness testimony. You have neither.
another ERROR on your Part, God is my witness, we have his Holy Word of the account, it's just you who want to believe a lie if the evil one. so you're reproved.

Then you have no authority to claim that the scholars are wrong.
Another ERROR on your part, 101G have God, who is all authority, and 101G by God's authority say your scholars are wrong on Rahab. see you're still a babe. did you not read, as children of God in Christ all things are ours..... hello. it's only those who don't know this is IGNORANT. see 1 Corinthians 3:22.

That doesn’t grant one special privileges in the credibility department.
see above, .... (smile) ... lol, lol, lol. Oh my, my, my how IGNORANT can one be of their inheritance.

Look sojourner, not trying to be harsh or anything, but you're full of ERRORS, you know nothing of Spirit things. we suggest you seek out the Holy Spirit and let him teach you.
Good day.

PICJAG, 101G.

sojourner

NO, you ERROR, who is actually teaching? the human or God?
Paul says, “Some are appointed teachers...” God gives human beings agency. It’s a relational thing. We partner with God. That partnership doesn’t make us perfect, nor does it give us carte blanche to say whatever pops into our heads and claim that it’s “God doing the teaching.” I perceive by your posts that you have not been appointed a teacher. You’re a theological loose cannon.

did I say I was Paul, or ... "LIKE" ... Paul in that respect. or did I say I was an apostle? see how you just added that
You’re splitting hairs. Paul was an apostle and a writer of scripture. You are neither one. Therefore, you don’t have any business claiming to be “like Paul.”

and what 101G has written is it in Christ? if not as said before... "prove me in ERROR". see you cannot
I’m not the one making a claim that can’t be verified. Therefore, the onus is on you to substantiate your claim. Otherwise, your claim — by definition — cannot be factual. I don’t have to show a thing. I call habeas corpus.

another ERROR on your part, 1 Thessalonians 5:21 "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." is not my post a thing?
You know that’s not what Paul is talking about. Paul never mentions your internet claims.
another ERROR on your Part, God is my witness, we have his Holy Word of the account
God isn’t a witness. Witnesses put out claims for all to see. If God hadn’t spoken so that all can hear, there’s no witness to be had.

Another ERROR on your part, 101G have God, who is all authority, and 101G by God's authority say your scholars are wrong on Rahab
Prove it. Prove that you “have God” in this matter, because I don’t believe you do. Your faith does not trump scholarship. God is not an “authority” in this instance.

see you're still a babe. did you not read, as children of God in Christ all things are ours..... hello. it's only those who don't know this is IGNORANT
Your faux superiority with nothing to back it up is empty bluster. Being a child of God gives us no backstage pass to Wisdom.

Look sojourner, not trying to be harsh or anything, but you're full of ERRORS, you know nothing of Spirit things. we suggest you seek out the Holy Spirit and let him teach you.
Good day.
If this sort of delusional thinking makes you happy, then off you go! However, you haven’t proven any of these claims. You’re caught in the logical fallacy called, “The Kindergarten Argument.” It goes something like this: “Nuh-uh! I’m tellin’!”

101G

Paul says, “Some are appointed teachers...” God gives human beings agency. It’s a relational thing. We partner with God. That partnership doesn’t make us perfect, nor does it give us carte blanche to say whatever pops into our heads and claim that it’s “God doing the teaching.” I perceive by your posts that you have not been appointed a teacher. You’re a theological loose cannon.
Teaching, pastoring, Bishop, preaching, and prophet... ect, are all Spiritual Gifts. period, you didn't know that... did you. God give human "GIFTS". and we as ambassadors of Christ, we don't let anything pop in our heads, as you say, and ...... is saying in your post here... (smile)..lol. but as to my appointment/Ordainment, God is my witness, and not your IGNORANT perceived oponion ok.... (smile), lol, oh my. ,,,,, my, my. my. and if 101G is a loose cannon as you say, then it's God doing, (see Psalms 110:1),

You’re splitting hairs. Paul was an apostle and a writer of scripture. You are neither one. Therefore, you don’t have any business claiming to be “like Paul.”
again, another IGNORANT perceived oponion? thought so.

I’m not the one making a claim that can’t be verified. Therefore, the onus is on you to substantiate your claim. Otherwise, your claim — by definition — cannot be factual. I don’t have to show a thing. I call habeas corpus.
neither am I, I verfiy my claims by scripture, you have not. not by definition, but by God truth. and true "YOU DON"T HAVE TO SHOW A THING" because you have nothing to show..... at least so far... (smile). well your corpus has been habeas from the beginning.... (smile) ... lol. Oh my.

You know that’s not what Paul is talking about. Paul never mentions your internet claims.
God do.

God isn’t a witness. Witnesses put out claims for all to see. If God hadn’t spoken so that all can hear, there’s no witness to be had.
So, you admit you haven't been reading your bible then... thought so.... YIKES!.

Prove it. Prove that you “have God” in this matter, because I don’t believe you do. Your faith does not trump scholarship. God is not an “authority” in this instance.
Proverbs 29:25.

Your faux superiority with nothing to back it up is empty bluster. Being a child of God gives us no backstage pass to Wisdom.
Hebrews 5:12 "For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat." Hebrews 5:13 "For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe." Hebrews 5:14 "But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil."

If this sort of delusional thinking makes you happy, then off you go! However, you haven’t proven any of these claims. You’re caught in the logical fallacy called, “The Kindergarten Argument.” It goes something like this: “Nuh-uh! I’m tellin’!”

(smile)... Acts 5:38 "And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought:"
Acts 5:39 "But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God." (smile)......

thanks for your reply, we suggest you re-read,
Acts 5:39 "But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God."
see ya, have a .... good day........ (smile).
PICJAG, 101G.

sojourner

Teaching, pastoring, Bishop, preaching, and prophet... ect, are all Spiritual Gifts. period, you didn't know that... did you. God give human "GIFTS". and we as ambassadors of Christ, we don't let anything pop in our heads, as you say, and ...... is saying in your post here... (smile)..lol. but as to my appointment/Ordainment, God is my witness, and not your IGNORANT perceived oponion ok.... (smile), lol, oh my. ,,,,, my, my. my. and if 101G is a loose cannon as you say, then it's God doing, (see Psalms 110:1),

again, another IGNORANT perceived oponion? thought so.

neither am I, I verfiy my claims by scripture, you have not. not by definition, but by God truth. and true "YOU DON"T HAVE TO SHOW A THING" because you have nothing to show..... at least so far... (smile). well your corpus has been habeas from the beginning.... (smile) ... lol. Oh my.

God do.

So, you admit you haven't been reading your bible then... thought so.... YIKES!.

Proverbs 29:25.

Hebrews 5:12 "For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat." Hebrews 5:13 "For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe." Hebrews 5:14 "But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil."

(smile)... Acts 5:38 "And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought:"
Acts 5:39 "But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God." (smile)......

thanks for your reply, we suggest you re-read,
Acts 5:39 "But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God."
see ya, have a .... good day........ (smile).
PICJAG, 101G.
You could have saved yourself a lot of typing (and us a lot of reading) if you’d simply said, “Nuh-uh!” Your argument is almost as solid as that.

101G

You could have saved yourself a lot of typing (and us a lot of reading) if you’d simply said, “Nuh-uh!” Your argument is almost as solid as that.
NO, as commission by the Lord... My Job is to give it to you as plain as day, at let you read it?. understand, save typing is nothing, saving lives is his desire.... so when you come before him at the Judgment, you will have no excuse when he ask you... "why you didn't hear my servant 101G when he told you the truth? "

so Good day.... see ya.... maybe....... (smile), YIKES
PICJAG, 101G.

101G

now getting back on topic,
the Lord Jesus himself, debunks the "US" and the "Our" misunderstanding at Matthew 19:4 "And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,"

the Lord Jesus confirmed Genesi 1:26 is not a plurality of PERSONS, but is Justified in Genesis 1:27, the very next verse, Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

as said by the Lord Jesus, "GOD", himself that God is a he who made man male and female. so now one must go back and find out why God said "US", and "OUR".

PICJAG, 101G.'

sojourner

NO, as commission by the Lord... My Job is to give it to you as plain as day, at let you read it?. understand, save typing is nothing, saving lives is his desire.... so when you come before him at the Judgment, you will have no excuse when he ask you... "why you didn't hear my servant 101G when he told you the truth? "

so Good day.... see ya.... maybe....... (smile), YIKES
PICJAG, 101G.
Your “commission” is unsubstantiated. God’s not going to ask that question because I have yet to see any truth in your posts. Please get over yourself. It’s embarrassing.

101G

GINOLJC, to all.
Isaiah 44:24 and John 1:3 puts an END to any three persons theory in the Godhead. as well as Matthews 19:4 by the Lord Himself. Genesis 1:1 clearly defines only ONE person in the Godhead.

PICJAG, 101G.

sojourner

GINOLJC, to all.
Isaiah 44:24 and John 1:3 puts an END to any three persons theory in the Godhead. as well as Matthews 19:4 by the Lord Himself. Genesis 1:1 clearly defines only ONE person in the Godhead.

PICJAG, 101G.
If that were the case, better scholars and theologians then you would have quashed the doctrine of the Trinity over a thousand years ago.

Genesis 1 clearly defines one God, because the Yahwist and his tradition was strictly monotheistic.

Last edited:

101G

If that were the case, better scholars and theologians then you would have quashed the doctrine of the Trinity over a thousand years ago.

Genesis 1 clearly defines one God, because the Yahwist and his trading was strictly monotheistic.
they are just deceived as you are, for the scriptures are true, Matthew 15:12 "Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?" Matthew 15:13 "But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up." Matthew 15:14 "Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch."
so, with that 101G will leave you alone.... (smile) ...lol, lol, lol.

PICJAG, 101G.

101G

GINOLJC, to all.
Again, Genesis 1:1 identify God in a ECHAD of ordinal First and Last IN "TIME", PLACE", "RANK", and order". just as the term "beginning" is clearly described.
God who is the ECHAD of himself, is alone at Genesis 1:1, and Genesis 1:26 & 27 as the ordinal First, who Made ALL THINGS, per Isaiah 44:24. this is written scripture, not an opinion. and at John 1:1 the same person... "God", shared himself in Flesh to REDEEM and SAVE that what he MADE in the Beginning, who at John 1:1 is now the end of all "NATURAL Flesh", amen. in this sharing of oneself, he is the Ordinal Last that complete the ECHAD of the Same one person. (The ECHAD is complete at his coming in flesh).
so, we have God in the Beginning, Genesis 1:1 Alone, the Ordinal First, the "CREATOR", and "MAKER" of ALL THINGS. this is why Genesis 1:27 states "HE" made man male and female. and why Genesis 1:26 states, "US", and "OUR", because the Last of the ECHAD was, was, was, (as John 1:1 use the term WAS), was to come as John 1:1, and Romans 5:14c states. so, at Genesis 1:26, "HE" God, a single person in the ECHAD, as the ordinal First, who Made man Male and female. and at John 1:1, the same God, the same one person "Shared himself in Flesh, (the Ordinal Last, in NATURAL FLESH), as the another of God in flesh, per Zechariah 13:7, and REDEEMED, and SAVED ALL THINGS that he made in the Beginning. and is still SAVING what he had made in Genesis 1:26 & 27, even as we speak right now.

so, the Genesis 1:26 & 27 dilemma is solved. God in the ECHAD of himself in "TIME", the beginning, and the End of ALL THINGS, (or should we say, ALL "NATURAL" THINGS), who is "CREATOR", and "MAKER" of ALL THINGS. and the title is "FATHER". that's JESUS. and this time is linear in nature. God in the ECHAD of himself in "RANK", holds the titles "LORD"/Spirit-God, Old Testament, and "Lord"/spirit-man, New Testament. God in the ECHAD of himself in "PLACE", Old Testament, LORD, Spirit, Father, title "CREATOR", and "MAKER", and New Testament, Lord, spirit, Son, title "REDEEMER", and "SAVIOUR", of ALL THINGS. and lastly the "ORDER" of God in the ECHAD, "FIRST", Old Testament, LORD, Spirit, Father, title "CREATOR", and "MAKER", and, "LAST", New Testament, Lord, spirit, Son, title "REDEEMER", and "SAVIOUR", of ALL THINGS.

your trusted scholars have lied and is still lying to you. READ for yourselves. as the apostle Peter said, "SAVE YOURSELVES," Acts 2:40 "And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation." BINGO, you have to do something, For God has already. and when you read, READ with the HOLY SPIRIT. else one will find oneself in the ditch. ask God for help. "Ye have not because ye ask not". but when you ask, ask in FAITH.
we suggest one re-read this post for a. clarity, and b. for edification.

PICJAG, 101G.

sojourner

they are just deceived as you are, for the scriptures are true, Matthew 15:12 "Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?" Matthew 15:13 "But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up." Matthew 15:14 "Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch."
so, with that 101G will leave you alone.... (smile) ...lol, lol, lol.

PICJAG, 101G.
Fortunately for the rest of us, Matthew isn’t speaking of the apostolic faith, nor of modern biblical scholarship.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Really?
Then why is there enmity between Niceans and Arians?

No .. it is more than that. There is something in man's behaviour that just does not add up.
It's usually about power and wealth .. and this case is no different..

I say again, Jesus would not approve!
..any more than Muhammad would approve of the fighting between sunni/shia.

I believe God approves of my debating. Isn't that a bit like squabbling? But then I am putting forth what God thinks so perhaps that is what He approves.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
This used to be an area of interest for me. I think no argument is good enough either way. Either you believe that God is in control or you don't. You have no control over whether the trinity is true or false and over whether people believe it or do not. You can think you do and that you can prove things. I don't think it works that way.

In answer to your question there is the plan of attack: open to the gospel of John chapter 1 which we can read like its a commentary on Genesis 1. First of all assume it is not a trinitarian book if you like.

There are non-trinitarian Christian ideas about this that are mystical. For example when Jesus is quoted to say "Before Abraham was I am" some like me take it to mean that Jesus is preeminent, not that he exists before Abraham but that he is calling himself the goal of or purpose for Abraham.

Goodness sakes how can a person be a Christian and not know the difference between preexistent and preeminent! :p I'm kiddin. I'm joking about myself and my arrogance. Jesus is not preexistent! No, he is preeminent which is completely different! :p :gun:

It turns out that proofs about the trinity are complicated as are proofs against it. You look up one verse and its like "No there isn't a trinity" but then look up another verse and its like "Maybe there is a trinity." That makes it difficult to have a discussion let alone an argument. I've seen arguments about it on the internet for over 23 years. In my opinion such heated disagreement and pity for the other side cannot be the will of God.
If you spent 23 years looking at scriptural matters concerning trinity and you still can’t tell that there is no such thing, then you haven’t really been seeking the truth that there is no such thing. You maybe have been hedging your bets in case trinity turns up to heaven true… which it never will because it cannot be.

Many many many PROOFS have been pointed out to you against trinity in those 23 years… how is it you are still undecided?

TWO is not three.
‘I and the Father are one’… is not a proof of trinity!

‘Let us make man’ is not a proof of trinity (how any does it take to be an ‘us’ and a ‘we’?)

Jesus pointed out that there is only one true God: the Father : YHWH. What else PROOF do you need?

That was like Philip asking Jesus to show them the Father! Jesus was exasperated … ‘How can you ask me that and yet you have been with me so long’ (23 years?)

Rev 4:11 states that God created all things…. The vision of John was of Heaven with GOD seated on the throne and THE LAMB standing in among the elders in front of the throne. Clearly, Jesus is AMONG HUMANS, and GOD is seated in power on the throne. Two … not a binity but to show that there was not THREE!

Again, Stephen, being stoned, seeing in heaven open in vision, saw ONLY TWO persons: God SEATED (position of power) on the throne and Jesus Christ STANDING (position of support) next to him… TWO - not a binity but to show there was no trinity!

‘Before Abraham, I am’… how does that justify a trinity? The word, ‘Before’, in context, means ‘Ahead of’ or ‘Greater than’. The Jews asked Jesus if he was GREATER THAN ABRAHAM… everyone of the trinity fraternity forgets the question.. Jesus answered, in effect, ‘Yes, I AM GREATER THAN ABRAHAM’… that is why the Jews took up stones to try to stone him… for blasphemy… WHY DO I LAUGH at the awful claim that the Jews tried to stone Jesus because Jesus is trinitarian supposed to have said:
  • ‘I am ALMIGHTY GOD your creator and the one should had all powers and authority over all creation’…
Yeah, they tried to stone ALMIGHTY GOD!! Oh my oh my…

What does Scriptures say about God: ‘God is Spirit’… the Jews wanted to stone SPIRIT! If you still believe trinity then you are really wanting to find truth!

Also, trinity claims that Jesus is God because he walked on water… Oh boy! So didn’t Peter walk in water?

Trinity claim Jesus is God because Jesus raised the dead… oh my! Didn’t Elijah and Elisha do that centuries before Jesus? Moreover, these raised dead later DIED again. Even Jesus Christ raising Lazarus did not make Lazarus immortal or eternal... No, only GOD raised up Jesus to eternal life… and after the judgement Jesus will do likewise ….. after the judgement of mankind … after Jesus is GRANTED the power to give life.

You read Colossians and want to claim Jesus created all things….. read it carefully… it doesn’t say that Jesus did that…. Else how come the creation is a GIFT, a PRIZE, REWARDED to Jesus …BY GOD! Did God reward GOD with what GOD created?

And that verse does not express trinity… have you noticed??? Look again.

So, you want to say that baptism is in trinity format? Well, try finding an example of it in scriptures…. You won’t find any because there is not any: every baptism is “In the name of Jesus [Christ]” ONLY!

Every credible Bible will have a footnote stating that the three-part baptismal text is NOT THE ORIGINAL TEXT!!

And check out the even more fake: ‘There are three in Heaven who testify: Father; Son; and Holy Spirit, and these three are One’… Holi Moli… You would believe it if you didn’t know that that verse is an ABSOLUTE FAKE verse … Trinitarians have even largely expunged it from their bibles but you may still find one or two obstinate ones with it still in….. Yes, even Trinitarians will RELUCTANTLY say it is not valid.

So here is the bottom line: WHY ARE THERE SO MANY BASELESS, CRASS, DELIBERATE, UNGODLY……. attempts BY TRINITARIANS to claim a trinity and then have to tuck their tails between their legs in admitting that under scrutiny there is no evidence?

Answer: Because the ‘Holy’ Roman Catholic faith upon which all trinitarian beliefs are held, says it must be so!

And we know that the Romans were not fans of Christianity: perhaps - but in truth - Revelation is right about the Whore in whom the kings of the earth have indulged in and will suffer her fate with her….

YOU ARE WARNED: ‘GET OUT OF HER LEST YOU SUFFER HER FATE TOO!’

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
If you spent 23 years looking at scriptural matters concerning trinity and you still can’t tell that there is no such thing, then you haven’t really been seeking the truth that there is no such thing.
Now you are stirring up my pride, and you have dared consider yourself my teacher and judge. I think that you like Nebuchadnezzar will be driven from your throne unless you acknowledge that only God reveals knowledge about these scriptures. You have ignored the warnings in James and have practiced the reverse of Jesus discipleship method.
  • [Dan 4:30 NIV] 30 he said, "Is not this the great Babylon I have built as the royal residence, by my mighty power and for the glory of my majesty?"
  • [Jas 3:2 NIV] 2 We all stumble in many ways. Anyone who is never at fault in what they say is perfect, able to keep their whole body in check.
  • [Jhn 14:26 NIV] 26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.
But perhaps this lesson is too advanced for you?

You maybe have been hedging your bets in case trinity turns up to heaven true… which it never will because it cannot be.
See any objectionable phrases here?
  • Love believes all things, hopes all things and endures all things.
  • Though I speak the language of the angels (without love) would be but a resounding gong or a clanging symbol.
  • Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up.
Many many many PROOFS have been pointed out to you against trinity in those 23 years… how is it you are still undecided?
"...and have not love I am as a resounding gong or a clanging symbol..." Did you miss that bit? Does it not compute?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
TWO is not three.
‘I and the Father are one’… is not a proof of trinity!
I never said it was.

‘Let us make man’ is not a proof of trinity (how any does it take to be an ‘us’ and a ‘we’?)
Never said it was.

Jesus pointed out that there is only one true God: the Father : YHWH. What else PROOF do you need?
I only need to love people. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the House of the LORD forever.

That was like Philip asking Jesus to show them the Father! Jesus was exasperated … ‘How can you ask me that and yet you have been with me so long’ (23 years?)
Jesus said this to Martha: "You have many worries, but only one thing is needful." I say it to you, and you cannot disprove its correctness with scripture. Why not break bread with those you consider to be lesser than yourself? Why insist upon so many things when only one thing is needful? I think you doubt God's power will work through love alone. I think this is evidence of doubt and that you don't know what you are talking about and that you have been driven away from men like Nebuchadnezzar was.

Rev 4:11 states that God created all things…. The vision of John was of Heaven with GOD seated on the throne and THE LAMB standing in among the elders in front of the throne. Clearly, Jesus is AMONG HUMANS, and GOD is seated in power on the throne. Two … not a binity but to show that there was not THREE!
Read your words. How much does God need for you to say them? What does God need you to do? What is one thing you could be doing instead which would be worth more? Just imagine it in your mind. Do that. Perhaps you will be rewarded.

Again, Stephen, being stoned, seeing in heaven open in vision, saw ONLY TWO persons: God SEATED (position of power) on the throne and Jesus Christ STANDING (position of support) next to him… TWO - not a binity but to show there was no trinity!
I can count to two.

‘Before Abraham, I am’… how does that justify a trinity? The word, ‘Before’, in context, means ‘Ahead of’ or ‘Greater than’. The Jews asked Jesus if he was GREATER THAN ABRAHAM… everyone of the trinity fraternity forgets the question.. Jesus answered, in effect, ‘Yes, I AM GREATER THAN ABRAHAM’… that is why the Jews took up stones to try to stone him… for blasphemy… WHY DO I LAUGH at the awful claim that the Jews tried to stone Jesus because Jesus is trinitarian supposed to have said:
  • ‘I am ALMIGHTY GOD your creator and the one should had all powers and authority over all creation’…
I wouldn't foist a trinity or a duality upon anyone. Power is destructive, and I daily spare people from the toxic and corrosive words I could use. I could destroy nations by accident.

Yeah, they tried to stone ALMIGHTY GOD!! Oh my oh my…
Does this make you feel righteous anger? There is nothing righteous about feeling anger. I think is a work of the flesh. The same flesh which gives righteous anger fights against our ability to think.

What does Scriptures say about God: ‘God is Spirit’… the Jews wanted to stone SPIRIT! If you still believe trinity then you are really wanting to find truth!
Oh dear, God must be panicking; since what you are saying is so important.

Also, trinity claims that Jesus is God because he walked on water… Oh boy! So didn’t Peter walk in water?
I never heard this argument. My thoughts are that this indicates Jesus is giving an important teaching and the miracle challenges Jews to test his teaching, to determine if it is legitimate.

Trinity claim Jesus is God because Jesus raised the dead… oh my! Didn’t Elijah and Elisha do that centuries before Jesus? Moreover, these raised dead later DIED again. Even Jesus Christ raising Lazarus did not make Lazarus immortal or eternal... No, only GOD raised up Jesus to eternal life… and after the judgement Jesus will do likewise ….. after the judgement of mankind … after Jesus is GRANTED the power to give life.
Of course I maintain my opinion, no doubt given to me by the Father, that repentance equals resurrection and that we seek a crown of righteousness; but you go ahead and believe whatever. I will still honor God by breaking bread with you. I honor God and not myself. When I break bread it is the Lord's table and not my own.

You read Colossians and want to claim Jesus created all things….. read it carefully… it doesn’t say that Jesus did that…. Else how come the creation is a GIFT, a PRIZE, REWARDED to Jesus …BY GOD! Did God reward GOD with what GOD created?
I have not made such an argument.

So, you want to say that baptism is in trinity format? Well, try finding an example of it in scriptures…. You won’t find any because there is not any: every baptism is “In the name of Jesus [Christ]” ONLY!
I don't remember saying so.

Every credible Bible will have a footnote stating that the three-part baptismal text is NOT THE ORIGINAL TEXT!!
Wow that is amazing.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Genesis 1 26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”
I was taught in church that the “us” was proof of the Trinity. Those who don’t believe in the Trinity, who are the “us” in this verse? I’m curious
In that case, you were taught nonsense.