• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Genesis 1:26 and the Trinity

Muffled

Jesus in me
Greeting, The Logos is the express IMAGE of God, (who is invisible), the Lord Jesus is our VISUAL EXAMPLE. not a agent of or for God, but God himself Shared in Flesh in a shared G2758 κενόω kenoo state. meaning JESUS is God in Flesh as the "ARM" of God in flesh, per Isaiah 63:5.
PICJAG, 101G

I believe the Isaiah text doe not say the arm of God. It says this: ...so my own arm brought me salvation,...
We know that Jesus is God in the flesh but this verse does not say so.

This is what Isaiah is talking about:
Rev 19:13 He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and the name by which he is called is The Word of God.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Thank you. I was not looking for a religious answer. I was just asking about the Greek word logos. Could it ever mean a person who speaks for another person or a company. Not in a religious way but like in a TV commercial. Would it ever be correct to say that a certain person is the logod for a ceetain company?

I believe the word you may be looking for is spokesperson.

Muffled

Jesus in me
[To have Perfect love you need.. You MUST have (2) two! Two people then you can love perfectly! One person? then it is impossible to have love!
In the beginning there was TWO.. TWO.. TWO.. not just ONE! "The WORD" was with the God in the beginning! NOT....]

I really dont know where your getting this from. But it is definitely throwing you off!!!!
The "Word" that your talking about is God's word, his plans, his thoughts. It is not talking about Jesus pre-existing or anything like that. It's only one person, not two here. And to think God cant love without someone else? who's teaching you this?.... God is love, period..

I believe you are right and the word became flesh (not literally) abided in flesh would have been a better statement. However the concept is that God has been the word by spirit in the past but now is the word spoken by a tongue.

I believe you are correct again. Jesus is body and Spirit and it is only the Spirit that pre-exists. "God so loved the world", I suppose that means all of it and to think He created light first and man last.

101G

I believe the Isaiah text doe not say the arm of God. It says this: ...so my own arm brought me salvation,...
We know that Jesus is God in the flesh but this verse does not say so.

This is what Isaiah is talking about:
Rev 19:13 He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and the name by which he is called is The Word of God.
First thanks for the reply, second, the Isaiah 63:5 verses says exactly that, Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me." here "ARM" is an anthropomorphism meaning "HIS OWN "POWER". lets confirm this by scripture, 1 Corinthians 1:24 "But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God." God Word is POWER, just read the Genesis account. "and God SAID" ... let there be. now his OWN WORD is now Manifested in Flesh .... as a man, John 1:14, per Hebrews 1:3 "Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;"

and as for Revelation 19:13, .... Isaiah 63:2 "Wherefore art thou red in thine apparel, and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat?" Isaiah 63:3 "I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment." Isaiah 63:4 "For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come."

Isaiah 63:5 is his SALVATION, Isaiah 63:2 is his WRATH, or vengeance.
PICJAG, 101G.

101G

All three are GOD!
All three always were and always will be! The Father the Son and the Holy Spirit are One God!
Jesus is "The Word" The Word is God! The Word became flesh and lived among us!
18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.
thanks for the reply, but, sorry to tell you this, but there is no three persons of God. only the numerical difference of himself expressed in flesh. which is the same one person. to clear up the matter of any three persons of God. Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."
God here, is the H430 אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym (el-o-heem'), correct, but the H430 אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym (el-o-heem') is the plural of H433 אֱלוֹהַּ 'elowahh (el-o'-ah). see it it now? if not, listen, if something is the plural of something else that is. separate, and b. distinct, from what's it plural from, then it's not the source..... it's something else. so, knowing this, if H430 אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym (el-o-heem'), is a separate and distinct persons from H433 אֱלוֹהַּ 'elowahh (el-o'-ah) as God, then you're into polytheism.

so please check out the two definitions of God. in Genesis 1:1 and learn the difference... ok.
PICJASG, 101G.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Genesis 1 26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”
I was taught in church that the “us” was proof of the Trinity. Those who don’t believe in the Trinity, who are the “us” in this verse? I’m curious
You were taught wrong. Jesus doesn’t factor in the creation myths. The Trinity is not introduced, hinted at, nor supported by the text in question.

101G

You were taught wrong. Jesus doesn’t factor in the creation myths. The Trinity is not introduced, hinted at, nor supported by the text in question.
HI SJ, correct, the Lord Jesus himself said, God, who is a "HE", a single person made man male and female, confirming Genesis 1:27. supportive scripture, Matthew 19:4 "And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,"
but SJ, was it not the Lord Jesus who made the man Male and Female? scripture, John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
John 1:2 "The same was in the beginning with God."
John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."
all things? yes, including Man, so why did the Lord Jesus said ....... "HE" meaning God made man male and female? when in FACT it was him the Lord Jesus who made man Male and Female?
care to address this? or anyone. so re-read this post for clarity.
PICJAG, 101G.

Dogknox20

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.

Clearly stated.. The WORD was the creator!

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.

Clearly from the scriptures... God became flesh!

John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

Satan is the father of Lies!
Jesus is the TRUTH! To reject Jesus is to reject the truth for a lie!

muhammad_isa

That is true.
Personally, I'd rather not depend on a sectarian Gospel "according to" John.
I prefer to take the whole [OT, Psalms, NT & Qur'an] before jumping to conclusions about Father and Son.

G-d is One. In my simple mind, that means either Father or Son is G-d .. not both.
It is clear to me from my studies, that it is the Father who is G-d
The Son is subservient to the Father.

That's it really. No ifs and buts. :)

sojourner

HI SJ, correct, the Lord Jesus himself said, God, who is a "HE", a single person made man male and female, confirming Genesis 1:27. supportive scripture, Matthew 19:4 "And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,"
but SJ, was it not the Lord Jesus who made the man Male and Female? scripture, John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
John 1:2 "The same was in the beginning with God."
John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."
all things? yes, including Man, so why did the Lord Jesus said ....... "HE" meaning God made man male and female? when in FACT it was him the Lord Jesus who made man Male and Female?
care to address this? or anyone. so re-read this post for clarity.
PICJAG, 101G.
4 “He answered, ‘Have you not read that the one who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female…’” This is why scholarship and translation and context matter. The NRSV is a much better translation than the KJ.

Once again: Jesus patently Does. Not. Appear in the creation myths in Genesis, so cannot (according to Genesis) have anything whatsoever to do with creation. None of your post presents anything conclusive with regard to discounting the Trinity.

sojourner

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.

Clearly stated.. The WORD was the creator!

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.

Clearly from the scriptures... God became flesh!

John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

Jesus is the TRUTH! To reject Jesus is to reject the truth for a lie!
17 “The law indeed was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has ever seen God. It is God the only Son, who is close to the Father’s heart, who has made him known.” (NRSV)
Go back to the creation myths in Genesis. Jesus Does. Not. Appear. In. Them.
I believe there is Biblical precedent for the Trinity, but this ain’t it. This is just poor scholarship.

101G

4 “He answered, ‘Have you not read that the one who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female…’” This is why scholarship and translation and context matter. The NRSV is a much better translation than the KJ.

Once again: Jesus patently Does. Not. Appear in the creation myths in Genesis, so cannot (according to Genesis) have anything whatsoever to do with creation. None of your post presents anything conclusive with regard to discounting the Trinity.
first thanks for the reply, second, but you ERROR. A. in the NRSV is a much better translation than the KJ., and B. it was the Lord Jesus at Creation creating all things... ALONE, and By himself. .

Lets put your NRSV to the test and see if it's context are correct.
in Revelation 1:1. some one sent his angel correct..... and the angel in Revelation 22:6 tells us who sent him, and the angel said according to the NRSV, the Lord God of the spirit of the prophets sent him. correct. well now, is this not the one whom you call the Father? ..... remember Revelation 1:1 "God" gave the revelation to "HIM", Jesus the christ, ... (smile), so that narrow it down. but your same NRSV states in Revelation 22:16 that it is Jesus, the Lord who sent his angel. and the angle said the one who sent him was the God of the spirits of the prophets. and that was the Lord Jesus, because in your NRSV at Revelation 22:16 again, it states, "JESUS the Lord who sent the angel". BINGO, your NRSV caught in a lie. because Hebrews 1:1 states God spoke to our ancestors in many and various ways by the prophets. yes, the same Lord God of the spirit of the prophets who created "ALL THINGS", according to your NRSV. and also according your NRSV at John 1:3 all things was created ... "THROUGH" him the Word the Lord Jesus who sent his angel to John who is the God of the spirits of the prophets. well that just threw, your statement, "Once again: Jesus patently Does. Not. Appear in the creation myths in Genesis" well your NRSV disagree with you, or even itself. bad exegesis process, (smile), on both of your part. see how one needs the Holy Spirit. your NRSV lead you in the ditch. you said quoting your NRSV, "Have you not read that the one who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female". but your same NRSV said at John 1:3 "all things was created ... "THROUGH" him the Word the Lord Jesus". read those verse again.... see how your NRSV LIE to you? yes, one made all things, and "HE" did not go anyone because your same NRSV said at Isaiah 44:24 that the one who made all things was "ALONE" and "By Himself". so how did he go through someone, (John 1:3), when he was alone? another LIE of your NRSV.
and on top of that "ALONE" means, "having no one else present". do you know what that means? any other person(s) in the Godhead is NOT ETERNAL. for one of the attributes of God is "omnipresent" and if he, the ONE who made all things was "ALONE" then where are the so-called other two at?
see how your NRSV lie. and it suppose to be a BETTER translation than the KJV? nope, notta, zelch.

so as you said, check the context, and here of the above scriptures from your NRSV and see if they are in context. understand, this is how I evaluate translations. if you say something over here, then it must be the same over there. else it's a lie.

PICJAG, 101G.

Dogknox20

17 “The law indeed was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has ever seen God. It is God the only Son, who is close to the Father’s heart, who has made him known.” (NRSV)
Go back to the creation myths in Genesis. Jesus Does. Not. Appear. In. Them.
I believe there is Biblical precedent for the Trinity, but this ain’t it. This is just poor scholarship.
Christians have always believed Jesus is God!
If you reject what Christians believe then you are NOT Christian!

Arius WAS a Christian until he rejected what Christians believe.. THEN..
sojourner
then Arius was REMOVED from AMONG Christians he was placed OUTSIDE... IF..
sojourner
if you are outside you cannot at the same time be inside!

Arius WAS a Christian until he taught Jesus is NOT God.. he was a False teacher!
Scripture Prophesy...
2 Peter 2:1 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.

Arius WAS in "The Way Of Truth".... Until he rejected what Christians believe! You are NOT Christian then you are outside of "The Truth!"

muhammad_isa

Christians have always believed Jesus is God!
If you reject what Christians believe then you are NOT Christian!

Arius WAS a Christian until he rejected what Christians believe.. THEN..
sojourner
then Arius was REMOVED from AMONG Christians he was placed OUTSIDE
Hmm .. I don't think that Jesus would approve of that.
Squabbling over who Jesus/Christian belongs to is a sign of ignorance.

..so the Niceans "won". Big deal. What really matters is what happens after death. G-d knows who is sincere and who is not.

Whether Jesus is G-d or not, doesn't change anything, does it?
We all pray to the Creator .. but you claim only your prayers will be accepted?
Pfft. I think I'll trust in G-d to decide that. :)

Dogknox20

Hmm .. I don't think that Jesus would approve of that.
Squabbling over who Jesus/Christian belongs to is a sign of ignorance.

..so the Niceans "won". Big deal. What really matters is what happens after death. G-d knows who is sincere and who is not.

Pfft. I think I'll trust in G-d to decide that. :)

You ask.... doesn't change anything, does it?
muhammad_isa It proves the PROPHESY rings true! It is true Thus "Jesus is God"!
Jesus is God.. The Christian has always believed this truth!

Does it matter to you that Muhamad came long after the Christian taught "Jesus is God"! That Abraham is the father of the Jewish Nation and thus Jesus!
muhammad_isa After all what does it matter to you?!

Matthew 1:1 This is the genealogy of Jesus the Messiah the son of David, the son of Abraham:

2 Abraham was the father of Isaac,

Isaac the father of Jacob,

Jacob the father of Judah and his brothers,

3 Judah the father of Perez and Zerah, whose mother was Tamar,

Perez the father of Hezron,

Hezron the father of Ram,

4 Ram the father of Amminadab,

Amminadab the father of Nahshon,

Nahshon the father of Salmon,

5 Salmon the father of Boaz, whose mother was Rahab,

Boaz the father of Obed, whose mother was Ruth,

Obed the father of Jesse,

6 and Jesse the father of King David.

David was the father of Solomon, whose mother had been Uriah’s wife,

7 Solomon the father of Rehoboam,

Rehoboam the father of Abijah,

Abijah the father of Asa,

8 Asa the father of Jehoshaphat,

Jehoshaphat the father of Jehoram,

Jehoram the father of Uzziah,

9 Uzziah the father of Jotham,

Jotham the father of Ahaz,

Ahaz the father of Hezekiah,

10 Hezekiah the father of Manasseh,

Manasseh the father of Amon,

Amon the father of Josiah,

11 and Josiah the father of Jeconiah and his brothers at the time of the exile to Babylon.
12 After the exile to Babylon:

Jeconiah was the father of Shealtiel,

Shealtiel the father of Zerubbabel,

13 Zerubbabel the father of Abihud,

Abihud the father of Eliakim,

Eliakim the father of Azor,

14 Azor the father of Zadok,

Zadok the father of Akim,

Akim the father of Elihud,

15 Elihud the father of Eleazar,

Eleazar the father of Matthan,

Matthan the father of Jacob,

16 and Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, and Mary was the mother of Jesus who is called the Messiah.

101G

Pfft. I think I'll trust in G-d to decide that.
so you trust JESUS then.... (smile), for he is the ONLY TRUE GOD. 1 Timothy 6:16.

PICJAG, 101G.