• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gen Z and LGBTQ+ identity

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Let's give an example.
Yari is a biological male that likes to wear makeup, but he defines himself genderqueer and non-binary.
But he has sex with Tanja, a biological woman.

Does that make this couple a LGBT couple?
Yes or no.
You forgot the Q.
Tanja is attracted to a guy who doesn't fit the stereotypical masculine type. Isn't that peculiar? (Queer?)
Yari doesn't present a masculine front, but doesn't have difficulty finding a woman.
Isn't that peculiar? (Queer?)

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Nonbinary people violate gender norms. They break the "rules." Some are gender anarchists. (Which might be why you don't understand them.)
What gender roles? No one cares if a woman cuts her hair short and wears flannel and pants. Or if a man feels a bit pretty and wants to wear something feminine. I see it all the time. I see men wearing women's clothes fairly regularly just where I work. I don't mean trans women but actual men with facial hair wearing dresses, skirts, heels, etc. No one says anything to these people. Calling yourself something different just because you don't fit into gender roles stereotypes just reifies the stereotypes.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's too vague.
There are already four letters to indicate sexual conditions and sexual orientations.
Adding one which sums them all up is useless, and frustrating, because it vilifies the serious activism and the defense of people's rights.

Otherwise...anyone can invent a definition and demand it is attached to the LGBT spectrum.

A woman can identify as nympho, N, because she sleeps with 30 people a week...and so ...that's an identity too.

It has gone out of hand.
Earnestness is required.
It is very vague and that's somewhat on purpose. It's very politicized, much like how pansexual is the politicized version of bisexual.

We Never Know

No Slack
It's too vague.
There are already four letters to indicate sexual conditions and sexual orientations.
Adding one which sums them all up is useless, and frustrating, because it vilifies the serious activism and the defense of people's rights.

Otherwise...anyone can invent a definition and demand it is attached to the LGBT spectrum.

A woman can identify as nympho, N, because she sleeps with 30 people a week...and so ...that's an identity too.

It has gone out of hand.
Earnestness is required.

When I was younger when anyone said for example, 'John Doe is queer' it meant he was gay.

That's all I can tell ya.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
You forgot the Q.
Tanja is attracted to a guy who doesn't fit the stereotypical masculine type. Isn't that peculiar? (Queer?)
Yari doesn't present a masculine front, but doesn't have difficulty finding a woman.
Isn't that peculiar? (Queer?)
I think it's a choice to want to belong to the LGBT group, at any cost.

I don't want to fall within that spectrum.
Because my sexuality is my choice and I consider myself a ordinary, banal heterosexual woman who is into men exclusively.

I am not peculiar, and I don't want to be considered peculiar. :)

crossfire

Premium Member

Because my sexuality is my choice and I consider myself a ordinary, banal heterosexual woman who is into men exclusively.

Humanity is a varied spectrum. Heterosexuals are just as much part of that spectrum as anyone else. Sorry to say, some might find you peculiar if you wish to exclude some from the human spectrum. ;)

Bthoth

*banned*
I'm not a demographer, but I try to keep an eye on population trends related to U.S. society. A 2021 Gallup poll (summary linked below) finds that Gen Zers (Generation Z comprises people born between 1996 and 2010.) are more likely to identify with the LGBTQ+ community than the generations that came before them.

One hypothesis I had is perhaps it has become more socially acceptable to "come out" and openly be a part of that community than it was in previous generations. We are certainly living through a backlash to that cultural change in the U.S.; I don't think the rising numbers are because of Drag Queen Story Hours or "liberal indoctrination", though.

The overall percentage of LGBTQ+ people in the U.S. is 7.1% (see 2022 article here: LGBT Identification in U.S. Ticks Up to 7.1%).

Story on Gen Z here: https://www.axios.com/2022/02/17/lgbtq-generation-z-gallup

Rebelling. About like punk rock of the 70's.

crossfire

Premium Member
What gender roles? No one cares if a woman cuts her hair short and wears flannel and pants. Or if a man feels a bit pretty and wants to wear something feminine. I see it all the time. I see men wearing women's clothes fairly regularly just where I work. I don't mean trans women but actual men with facial hair wearing dresses, skirts, heels, etc. No one says anything to these people. Calling yourself something different just because you don't fit into gender roles stereotypes just reifies the stereotypes.
Kewl. It shows how much progress has been made. The gender police are losing their power.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara

Nobody is forcing anything on you. Do you feel threatened in some way? Why can't you just accept others for what they say they are? (Rather like you expect of others towards you)