• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gemstones

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
How many of you have a thing for gemstones? Maybe some feel alive to you? Maybe certain ones call to you? Do you use them as tools? Do you prefer items be carved from them or encrusted with them? Please do tell. :)

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
Yes, though I prefer to just have the stone itself... I use opal a lot (even when I don't have it on me), and will use tigerseye in the near future.

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
My favorite is Alexandrite, an emerald that changes from brilliant green to port red with mood, very magical.
Also like the black opal from lightning ridge NSW, (rather than white opal from Coober Pedy or the clear crystal opal from further up north, brilliant flashes of color on a black background.

Cheers

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Well now that there are a couple replies I guess I might as well answer my own thread. I was drawn to gemstones before I even became Wiccan. They were neat at first. Now they are magickal. Each has its own power. They are like living things. I was initially drawn to Amethyst. I think this is because the color purple is very soothing to me. The first gemstone to actually do anything for me was Obsidian though. What's weird about that is until I actually felt it working, I didn't know if Obsidian should be considered a real gem as it is formed unlike others. It has proved itself to me though. I am wearing a chunk around my neck right now. I can't wait to get home and hold one of my Obsidian wands either (I have ten gemstone wands). And, yes, I love items made from or with gemstones. Flaws do not bother me either.

Eponabri

I'm fairly new here, but this question resonated with me. I use crystals a lot. Many different kinds and believe in their ability to heal. We have a fifty pound clear quartz crystal cluster (called an abundance crystal) displayed on a pedestal. A few years ago I had surgery and the doctor didn't think I would even survive the operation. I had my husband carried a red bag of my favorite stones in his pocket over his heart. I not only survived the operation, but only had to spend one day in the hospital.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I like shiney stones, especially clear colored ones. I like to hold them up to the light and look at the colors. Spending thousands of dollars for gemstones doesn't seem reasonable though, when I can get just as much pleasure from a shattered Bromo Seltzer bottle.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Where on the Chakra healing chart does a seltzer bottle fall? :D

I like shiney stones, especially clear colored ones. I like to hold them up to the light and look at the colors. Spending thousands of dollars for gemstones doesn't seem reasonable though, when I can get just as much pleasure from a shattered Bromo Seltzer bottle.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
I find a strong connection to Amethyst. I have a dragon statue the stands on Amethyst and a I have a Amethyst Pendulum.

katiafish

consciousness incarnate
I might have one or two somewhere :D

3389918150_0ba22b70c1_o.jpg

3389918104_ba9fbf0592_o.jpg

3389918048_e10f413701_o.jpg

This is my collection, put together lovingly over the period of three years. I use gemstones for meditation, healing, massages and just to look at. I wash them and recharge them twice a year, if i am not using them regularly.
E_O, the glowing green one at the top is a green obsidian, it doesnt actually glow like that but it is quite powerful i find. I am strongly attracted to Unikite, carnelian, seraphenite, angelite, borite, opalite and selenite. But i still love all of them :)

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ooooo -- pretty. Questions, though: How do you recharge them, what are they charged with, and how do you measure this?
And what is a chakra healing chart?

katiafish

consciousness incarnate
i wash them furst under running water, then i usually smoke them with some white sage, to get rid of all of the negative energy, then i charge them, some under sunlight, some under moonlight (interesting fact, amethyst should never be charged under sunlight, it will loose its color).

There are different books on crystal healing that have chakra healing charts, different crystals are good for different chakras. If you have noticed, i have separated my crystals in color, red ones, orange ones and pink are for the lower chakras, green ones are for the heart and blue purple and white ones are for the top chakras. Saying that though, some of them double up and some of them are Universal and some of them are like microphones to strengthen the effect of others.. Also you have the dispersers, ones that help the energy to travel in all directions evenly..

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Negative energy = electricity? Why not just ground them? And what does sunlight, reflected or otherwise, charge them with? Can you measure this charge?

katiafish

consciousness incarnate
*shrug* probably you can measure it....I really am not going to participate in sceptical conversation about whether crystals work or not, they do for me and for people who i heal with them, and that is good enough for me

When i just started to collect them , my hubby was very sceptical about them, he didnt believe me at all when i told him that all the crystals have different "personality" to them and i can feel it. Until i have persuaded him to pit a scarf over his eyes so that sensory perception was limited and just meditate with one or two. And when he did, suddenly he could feel it too, and over the time as we collected the spheres, we documented the specific "personality" of every each one of them.
Another thing that i really like about them is that they will continue living long after me, many million years after my lifetime perhaps, and some of them have been around for million of years already. I have one sphere, it is petrified dino bone, another ones like celestite, angelite and borite are different stages of developement of the same crystal with couple of hundred thousand years difference between them.. Basically my poit is, that i can never truly possess them, my life and my collection is but one day in life time of a crystal..