• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

gay, wrong? why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
Then he wouldn't have made us capable of being attracted to the same sex if he didn't intend for us to be gay!

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
Then he wouldn't have made us capable of being attracted to the same sex if he didn't intend for us to be gay!

Then we wouldn't have free will.

You seem to be insinuating that God intended for us to be gay...? That's weird, because in my Bible, it says something to the effect of homosexuals will not enter the kingdom.

ayani

my faith really has "no comment" with regards to sexual orientation, and holds it as a non-issue.

more important than who you are with is how you treat them, how you treat yourself, and how you treat others. all deserve to be treated with compassion, kindness, and good will- i believe that God demands nothing less from me.

and besides- God would not have put Lauryn Hill upon this earth and all up in my face if He did not see fit for me to think very well of her lovely physical countenance.

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
Then i suggest that your god got it wrong with free will, the way i see it gay people of a faith who believe it's wrong to be gay are still going to go into heaven gay or not as god has himself exposed a loophole! And yes im refering to religions who's gods think it wrong to be gay!

ayani

Jensa said:
Can't say I'd want to be somewhere where I can't be who I am and be with the woman I love.

that actually made me tear up a little, Jensa. beautifully said.

:hug:

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
FeathersinHair said:
If I may ask, which words? Did Jesus speak them?

I'm sorry- please strike that. It's better left to another thread, and it's no longer my religion, and therefore only my business when it crosses politics and the like.

Penguin, in the future, I'd prefer if you save the 'your god' references to another forum. You've already gotten replies from people who whose verison of deity does not think being gay is evil, so continuing to use that phrase creates an unnessarily confrontational air. Just something to think about.

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
If I may ask, which words? Did Jesus speak them?

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
1 Corinthians 6:8-10

Jesus did not say these words. So what? I'm one of those crazy Christians who actually follows the ENTIRE Bible.

Then i suggest that your god got it wrong with free will, the way i see it gay people of a faith who believe it's wrong to be gay are still going to go into heaven gay or not as god has himself exposed a loophole! And yes im refering to religions who's gods think it wrong to be gay!

Ummm...what? Why would a gay person think it's wrong to be gay? I don't understand what you're saying. God never gives us anything we can't handle. No one HAS to be gay, you're not born gay or straight. I believe it's a choice.

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
I'm sorry- please strike that. It's better left to another thread, and it's no longer my religion, and therefore only my business when it crosses politics and the like.

Ooops, sry, I had already began replying. Well, we might as well discuss, if you would like, anyway.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Anade said:
Ooops, sry, I had already began replying. Well, we might as well discuss, if you would like, anyway.

That happens to me a lot. No worries.

To be honest, I don't feel like I have the emotional energy right now to respond, anyway. I forget that not all members of any faith would like to be 'spoken up for' as I thought I was doing in what I thought was a defense of the Christian path.

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
i didn't say anybody HAS to be gay and yes it is free will but if the gods of the religions that think it is wrong made people with free will then it is wrong for those gods of those faiths to frown upon such behaviour. 'gods' gave us freedom for a reason, to use it!

Doktormartini

小虎
Anade said:
Then we wouldn't have free will.

You seem to be insinuating that God intended for us to be gay...? That's weird, because in my Bible, it says something to the effect of homosexuals will not enter the kingdom.
It's not really free will if you are born that way:sad4:

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
darkpenguin said:
why is it wrong in gods eyes?
As Feathers alluded to, not all Christians believe being gay or homosexual acts are wrong in God's eyes.:) The ones who do will point to text in Leviticus that refer to one man lying with another as an 'abomination'.

BTW...this topic has been bandied about many, many times and usually ends the same way. You may want to utilize the Search feature to locate some of those.:bounce

Status
Not open for further replies.