• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fulfillment of Biblical prophesy

RE "Well, I disagree with this too as I am a Noahide. Torah is my lifeblood." from a previous post: So, that statement is a lie?

Lie to me once, shame on you. Lie to me twice, and let you get away with it, shame on me.

"My Father's eldest son"
Noahides are gentiles, not Jews. The Sheva Mitz'vot B'nei Noah are for all mankind, Jews have an additional 606 Mitz'vot which we are required to obey.

Trying to figure out what the **** stands for in Pe****ta. :?

It is " P e s h i t t a " . . . due to taking political correctness to a completely unreasonable extreme, probably censored as an expletive by an overactive "automatic" editor. My correction wasn't even accepted. I guess there is just no swearing . . .

Last edited:
Yes. We can talk about this rationally. There are similar styles of writing in the Book of Daniel for example but also Mathew Chapter 24. Daniel had the gift of interpreting dreams and he was Divinely assisted to understand it. The book of revelation is there for a reason and and its a challenge for any believer in Jesus to unravel it's mysteries.

With respect, now that at least Chapters 9, 10, 11, and 12 have been demystified and subsequently fulfilled . . . at least those Chapters may now be more clearly understood. The fulfillment of prophesy implies an end to its relevance . . . the Book of Revelation is all about symbology. Once the symbology is understood, there is no further mystery.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
It is " P e s h i t t a " . . . due to taking political correctness to a completely unreasonable extreme, probably censored as an expletive by an overactive "automatic" editor. My correction wasn't even accepted. I guess there is just no swearing . . .

I found it eventually and the penny dropped why you had trouble posting it.

I collect Bibles but only digital because of the advantages of searching tools. Whatever you recommend I'm always happy to look at and you say this is a good one?

Someone was suggesting me to get Aramaic Bible and interlinear Bibles as he said they are more accurate but finding them to download is a problem or buy if I must. Do you know of anywhere to get these and do you have any recommendations? Thanks

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
With respect, now that at least Chapters 9, 10, 11, and 12 have been demystified and subsequently fulfilled . . . at least those Chapters may now be more clearly understood. The fulfillment of prophesy implies an end to its relevance . . . the Book of Revelation is all about symbology. Once the symbology is understood, there is no further mystery.

Thats excellent. What is your your understanding of the seven seventies? How about the terrifying beast? Hope you don't mind me asking.

I found it eventually and the penny dropped why you had trouble posting it.

I collect Bibles but only digital because of the advantages of searching tools. Whatever you recommend I'm always happy to look at and you say this is a good one?

Someone was suggesting me to get Aramaic Bible and interlinear Bibles as he said they are more accurate but finding them to download is a problem or buy if I must. Do you know of anywhere to get these and do you have any recommendations? Thanks

Hello, "lover of humanity";

I got my copy way back 20 - 30 years ago. It seems to be a specialized item not found in conventional "Christian" Bible bookstores. I got mine from a self-help book store by the name of Banyen's Books in Vancouver, B.C. . That was a long time ago and they may not even be in business anymore. My best suggestion would be to key in the search command: "George Lamsa translation of the Holy Bible from the ancient Aramaic of the " Pes hitta "(or variations of) and see what comes up. Maybe even try Amazon?

In closing, Happy New Year, good luck and best wishes and best regards,

Brian

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Hello, "lover of humanity";

I got my copy way back 20 - 30 years ago. It seems to be a specialized item not found in conventional "Christian" Bible bookstores. I got mine from a self-help book store by the name of Banyen's Books in Vancouver, B.C. . That was a long time ago and they may not even be in business anymore. My best suggestion would be to key in the search command: "George Lamsa translation of the Holy Bible from the ancient Aramaic of the " Pes hitta "(or variations of) and see what comes up. Maybe even try Amazon?

In closing, Happy New Year, good luck and best wishes and best regards,

Brian

Thanks for that. And Happy New Year!

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
With respect, I would need a direct quote for context.,

Daniel chapter 7 (specifically Daniel 7:7) and also appears in the book of Revelation chapter 12 and 13, Its very scarey! It has 10 horns and in the book of revelation 7 heads too. Good luck working that one out should you feel so inclined!

Daniel chapter 7 (specifically Daniel 7:7) and also appears in the book of Revelation chapter 12 and 13, Its very scarey! It has 10 horns and in the book of revelation 7 heads too. Good luck working that one out should you feel so inclined!

You still didn't give me a quote. If one lets their imagination run away with their common sense, as a figment of imagination, it is indeed very scary.

No such "beast" like that exists in reality. We'd see them in zoos. So, the beast(s) are symbolic for deep unresolved, unexamined, subconscious fear(s) and fear complexes that "drive" us. They arise from deep down inside; from within our own psyches.

When we consciously embrace them as being part of ourselves, part of what and who we are; and we can simply tell the truth about that; they lose their power. Remember: "The truth shall set you free" From what? doubt, fear, ignorance, anger, false pride,dishonesty and greed.

In closing, Happy New Year, best wishes and best regards;

Brian