• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fulfillment of Biblical prophesy

Because you know it is multicoloured nonsense?

:shrug:

Anyway, what is it you wish to debate? Is there some kind of moot?

No, no debate . . . other than this petty stuff. Download the story if you like, read it if you like, and if you get something out of it . . . let me know; if you like.

Perhaps you can do a little research on Noahidism :)

I did: From wikipedia:

"Noahidism (/ˈnoʊə.haɪd.ɪsm/) or Noachidism (/ˈnoʊə.xaɪd.ɪsm/) is a monotheistic ideology based on the Seven Laws of Noah, and on their traditional interpretations within Rabbinic Judaism. According to Jewish law, non-Jews are not obligated to convert to Judaism, but they are required to observe the Seven Laws of Noah. If they accept and fulfill these commandments with the conviction that YHVH commanded them in the Torah as transmitted by Moses, and are careful to observe them in accordance with the relevant details within the Torah law, they are assured of a place in the World to Come (Olam Haba), the final reward of the righteous.[1][2] The Divinely ordained penalty for violating any of these Noahide Laws is discussed in the Talmud, but in practical terms that is subject to the working legal system that is established by the society at large. Those who subscribe to the observance of these commandments are referred to as Bene Noach (B'nei Noah) (Hebrew: בני נח‎‎), Children of Noah, Noahides (/ˈnoʊ.ə.haɪdᵻs/), or Noahites (/ˈnoʊ.ə.haɪtᵻs/). Supporting organizations have been established around the world over the past decades, by either Noahides or observant Jews.

Historically, the Hebrew term Bene Noach has applied to all non-Jews as descendants of Noah. However, nowadays it is also used to refer specifically to those non-Jews who observe the Noahide Laws." (end quote)

So, you still get punished by a very mean, nasty, angry old man . . . who claims to be divinely inspired . . . good for you.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I did: From wikipedia:

"Noahidism (/ˈnoʊə.haɪd.ɪsm/) or Noachidism (/ˈnoʊə.xaɪd.ɪsm/) is a monotheistic ideology based on the Seven Laws of Noah, and on their traditional interpretations within Rabbinic Judaism. According to Jewish law, non-Jews are not obligated to convert to Judaism, but they are required to observe the Seven Laws of Noah. If they accept and fulfill these commandments with the conviction that YHVH commanded them in the Torah as transmitted by Moses, and are careful to observe them in accordance with the relevant details within the Torah law, they are assured of a place in the World to Come (Olam Haba), the final reward of the righteous.[1][2] The Divinely ordained penalty for violating any of these Noahide Laws is discussed in the Talmud, but in practical terms that is subject to the working legal system that is established by the society at large. Those who subscribe to the observance of these commandments are referred to as Bene Noach (B'nei Noah) (Hebrew: בני נח‎‎), Children of Noah, Noahides (/ˈnoʊ.ə.haɪdᵻs/), or Noahites (/ˈnoʊ.ə.haɪtᵻs/). Supporting organizations have been established around the world over the past decades, by either Noahides or observant Jews.

Historically, the Hebrew term Bene Noach has applied to all non-Jews as descendants of Noah. However, nowadays it is also used to refer specifically to those non-Jews who observe the Noahide Laws." (end quote)

So, you still get punished by a very mean, nasty, angry old man . . . who claims to be divinely inspired . . . good for you.
Hey, like I said: you are entitled to your opinions of God; it doesn't bother me. I just hope that you can now find peace within yourself and enjoy your life. I'm not here to try to convert you or preach to you.

Hey, like I said: you are entitled to your opinions of God; it doesn't bother me. I just hope that you can now find peace within yourself and enjoy your life. I'm not here to try to convert you or preach to you.

So, you still get punished by a very mean, nasty, angry old man . . . who claims to be divinely inspired . . . good for you. My guess is that you don't really believe that ideology either, but somehow you just can't bring yourself to admit it.

That means you are living a lie; and a very BIG lie at that. I do hope you find peace with your soul.

Best wishes and best regards,

"My Father's eldest son"

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
So, you still get punished by a very mean, nasty, angry old man . . . who claims to be divinely inspired . . . good for you. My guess is that you don't really believe that ideology either, but somehow you just can't bring yourself to admit it.

That means you are living a lie; and a very BIG lie at that. I do hope you find peace with your soul.

Best wishes and best regards,

"My Father's eldest son"
I believe wholeheartedly in HaShem, and how dare you try to tell me what I do and don't believe? What exactly is He punishing me for? If I keep the Commandments then I won't be punished; if I repent of my sins, I won't be punished. Keeping the Commandments is not difficult, or else He would not have given them. They are the basis of nearly every human civilisation.

Still, if you have no belief in this God, or the xian god, why quote the Book of Revelation?

Why quote the Book of Revelation?

As a matter of conscience between myself and "God" (the Greatest Spirit of my understanding) to establish the fulfillment of Biblical prophecy that my life and my story may represent.

In my philosophy, "God" (the Greatest Spirit) is Infinite, divine, inexpressible, incomprehensible, intangible, immutable, creative, love, truth, compassion, forgiveness and humility, tempered with principle and intelligence; the “Great-est Spirit” of my understanding.

As far as biblical fulfillment is concerned, it seems to me that the world has been waiting for this message for a very long time.

Okay, I'll start a real debate:

Did Muhammad exist, and was Islam made to jusify Arab conquests?

Yes, as a matter of historical record, Muhammed existed. He wrote the Koran. I don't know why he wrote it. But Islam did arise out of the (Christian) Dark Age and shares the same (now rotten) "roots" as fundamental, orthodox Christianity. Not knowing any better,and sharing the same mean, nasty, angry, wrathful, punishing, contemptuous, spiteful, bi-polar, probably paranoid schizophrenic, Very Old Man as prophets; it is no wonder they (the Hebrews, Judaism, Christianity and Islam) "hate"; or at least don't know how to get along with each other.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, as a matter of historical record, Muhammed existed. He wrote the Koran. I don't know why he wrote it. But Islam did arise out of the (Christian) Dark Age and shares the same (now rotten) "roots" as fundamental, orthodox Christianity. Not knowing any better,and sharing the same mean, nasty, angry, wrathful, punishing, contemptuous, spiteful, bi-polar, probably paranoid schizophrenic, Very Old Man as prophets; it is no wonder they (the Hebrews, Judaism, Christianity and Islam) "hate"; or at least don't know how to get along with each other.
My, you are bitter :)

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
That's it? That is the best you can do . . . ?
It's pretty obvous that your mind isn't going to change and I can't be bothered to debate you anyway; it's nearly midnight and, as I said, I'm not here to preach to you - you can believe whatever you want.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
More on the Book of Revelation

Facebook

https://drive.google.com/…/0B1ItUYOPRHDaNlo3MUNyRmFYe…/view

Bible, King James Version (KJV) there are some textual (transliteration) differences from my favourite, the original from the Aramaic of the Pe****ta (George Lamsa) translation, this “original” English version and the Greek/Latin version(s).

As crazy as it sound, even to me: Revelation the possible fulfillment of Biblical prophesy according to Brian Leslie Engler. Go ahead, laugh if you want. But still, as a matter of conscience between me and “God”; I can still personally read so much into this.

From Revelation 22: [16] November 17, 2016: As My Father’s eldest son, to cut right to the chase and read the end of Revelation first: I Jesus have sent mine angel of Revelation 9 – 11; who names himself “My Father’s eldest son” . . .to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of the pagan David, and the bright and rising morning star the transit of Venus; the Harmonic Conversion of 2012 signalling a procession of the equinox.
[17] And the Spirit of God and the spirit of the bride . . . Mother Nature” . . . say, Come . . .God and Mother Nature are Married . . And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
[18] For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God
the Greatest Spirit of my understanding shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: You’ve got to be kidding. After reading all of this, and having been there done some of that, Why would I be afraid of this? Now there are fourteen plagues?
Dear God, I’m not whining or complaining but, “ Forget it!” That is just not right!!!; it may be “intelligent”, but it is not “principled”. Thou hypocrite!
[19] And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God the Greatest Spirit of love, truth, compassion, forgiveness, and humility tempered with principle and intelligence shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. Why would I be afraid of that?
[20] He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen.. Personally, I don’t think he’s coming back. I’m here instead. Even so, come, Lord Jesus “We” need to talk.

End of Revelation

I liked your views about "what if the world could agree on God" which that is an very question and concern of our age.

In this respect Baha'u'lah has written:

"Say: all things are of God.' This exalted utterance is like unto water for quenching the fire of hate and enmity which smouldereth within the hearts and breasts of men. By this single utterance contending peoples and kindreds will attain the light of true unity. Verily He speaketh the truth and leadeth the way. He is the All-Powerful, the Exalted, the Gracious."

Bahá'u'lláh

Tablets of Bahá'u'lláh revealed after the Kitab'i Aqdas (p.222)

Facebook? I'll talk to you.

It's pretty obvous that your mind isn't going to change and I can't be bothered to debate you anyway; it's nearly midnight and, as I said, I'm not here to preach to you - you can believe whatever you want.

Thank you Rival; as may you.

DESIDERATA- My Will (or my wish) For You

GO PLACIDLY AMID THE NOISE AND HASTE AND REMEMBER WHAT PEACE THERE MAY BE IN SILENCE. As far as possible without violence, be on good terms with all people. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements, as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time. Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; for many people strive for high ideals; and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment, it is a perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome self-discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are a Child of God, no less than the trees and the stars. You have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore, be a peace with God, whatever you conceive God to be; and whatever your labours and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life; keep peace with your soul.

With all of its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.

Be cheerful. Decide to be happy.

Enjoy life. Start today.

–adapted from anonymous

I liked your views about "what if the world could agree on God" which that is an very question and concern of our age.

In this respect Baha'u'lah has written:

"Say: all things are of God.' This exalted utterance is like unto water for quenching the fire of hate and enmity which smouldereth within the hearts and breasts of men. By this single utterance contending peoples and kindreds will attain the light of true unity. Verily He speaketh the truth and leadeth the way. He is the All-Powerful, the Exalted, the Gracious."

Bahá'u'lláh

Tablets of Bahá'u'lláh revealed after the Kitab'i Aqdas (p.222)

Facebook? I'll talk to you.

thank you. I'm looking forward to that. Will you use your username here? For other readers who may be interested, here is the Preface

Preface:

November 17, 2016: My 65th Birthday; How did I ever get to be 65?!? (smiling) The edges of recorded time and history are fuzzy. There are at least 5500 – 6500 years of intelligently written recorded human history. (Fact check: Google it).

“Generationally”, there are at least 221 – 276 human “generations” on the planet . Having learned from some personal experience, it takes time and work and a well trained and disciplined mind to dig out and come to terms with some of the “evil” one finds in just the individual subconscious, let alone the collective human subconscious.

As a matter then of both my own human self-correction, and subsequent human human guidance and by subconscious “Mandate of Heaven”, (Fact check: Google it). and the Canadian modern, legal, Constitutional “supremacy of God”; that is invoked in “our” Constitution; is really what “My (spiritual) Religion” and “My Twleve Step Program” and “My Story” and all the rest of this is really; . . . at last, . . . . all about.

I have before, and am invoking the (subconscious Chinese) Mandate of Heaven, as it was understood by both Lau Tse and Confusius, amongst many (lesser) others since. That’s a lot of subconscious mind to be disturbing.

Let’s just say this Christmas is the 5516th winter solstice. By tradition, Mandate of Heaven may be invoked every 500 years or so, give or take. OK, I took 16 years. This always needed to be short. Come back to this later. Now Enter my gate-of – no-gate; my “Door of No Door.” . . . and the mystery unfolds. Start “backwards”.

Best wishes and best regards to all;
I AM most sincerely Yours;

"My Father's eldest son"

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Bible, King James Version (KJV) there are some textual (transliteration) differences from my favourite, the original from the Aramaic of the Pe****ta (George Lamsa) translation, this “original” English version and the Greek/Latin version(s).
Trying to figure out what the **** stands for in Pe****ta. :?

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
we could talk about this reasonably, rationally, logically and intelligently?

Yes. We can talk about this rationally. There are similar styles of writing in the Book of Daniel for example but also Mathew Chapter 24. Daniel had the gift of interpreting dreams and he was Divinely assisted to understand it. The book of revelation is there for a reason and and its a challenge for any believer in Jesus to unravel it's mysteries.

Last edited: