• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Friendseekers - an addiction?

kadzbiz

My mother always said, "You're better off with one true friend than ten thousand associates". I recently joined facebook and am an avid listener to songs on jamendo and enjoy watching videos on vimeo and youtube, plus enjoy travel stories and photos at travbuddy. I am constantly being asked to accept invitations from people I don't know. Most often I decline because I don't know why these people want to be friends. It's not like they suddenly start conversing with you often and sharing their life with you, so I wonder what the interest is? I notice that some of my friends at facebook have 100's of friends, but surely they can't keep up conversations with all of them? I like my little circle of friends who are close and share meaningful chatter and not quick repetitive conversation that goes nowhere.

So what about you - what's you opinion on friend collecting?

Buttercup

Veteran Member
You have people you don't know asking to be your friend? I don't think that's happened to me yet on Facebook.

I have about 30 friends. Only a couple of people in my real life have an account so nearly all my friends on Facebook I've met online. I'm definitely not interested in collecting friends just for the sake of it because I try to keep up with most of those 30 people I already have. If I added more, I can't imagine keeping track of everyone. I find the ongoing contact to be one of the best aspects of the whole experience and I enjoy it very much.

wel if friend groups are like circle's then i'm pretty much just besides the bullseye in alot of groups

i'm pretty much a guy that if i walk across the street and i don't run into someone i haven't seen for a week id be supprised (i'm pretty easy with making friends)

my friends lvls are
close friend (10 people)
relation (1)
old friends (50-80)
friends i hang out with on regular basis ( 30)
friends i hang out with one's a week (60)
friends with certain connections (25)
friend i hang out with ones a month (12)
people i work with ( 14)

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I'm not even on facebook and family and friends that are reach out to me to get a facebook account so I could be there friend.

I call them give them my Yahoo account and never hear from them again. Whats that about.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Most of my real life friends are married and have kids. They don't have time for ventures like FaceBook or they're not interested because they aren't looking for a mate. However, I like the whole format of FB much better than MySpace for keeping in touch. MySpace is crazy now.

kadzbiz

Most of my real life friends are married and have kids. They don't have time for ventures like FaceBook or they're not interested because they aren't looking for a mate. However, I like the whole format of FB much better than MySpace for keeping in touch. MySpace is crazy now.

Oh yeah, I forgot I had a myspace account, but I only have a few friends there that I've invited myself. I haven't had it long, so to me it's always looked crazy! :)

sarahjane127

Scientific Mind
I too have alot of friends on facebook, and do get random requests. I do not accept random requests from people i do not know, however, i do accept friend requests from people that are aquinntances. Originally Facebook was created to keep in touch with people who were in the same school as you and your classes so you could ask each other questions and stay connected. I still sometimes end up doing that. Facebook is a networking site, i think myspace is more a social website.