• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Four year old Australian boy claims to be the reincarnation of Princess Diana...

ajay0

Among the Indian scriptures, the Bhagavad Gita recited by the Avatar Krishna has given emphasis on reincarnation of the soul...

“As the embodied soul continuously passes, in this body, from boyhood to youth, and then to old age, the soul similarly passes into another body at death”. (Bhagavad-gita 2.13)

, “As a person puts on new garments, giving up old ones, the soul similarly accepts new material bodies, giving up the old and useless ones.” (Bhagavad-gita 2.22)

I have given some examples of children both in east and west, remembering past life memories in this thread....

Reincarnation/Past Lives

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Why does it always have to be somebody famous? There are probably a couple thousand or more claimants of such.
I have met at least 10 women who claimed they were Maria in previous life (the one from the Bible)
And also about 3 who claimed they were Jesus in a previous life

So this kid seems quite humble ... just princess Diana.

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
I have met at least 10 women who claimed they were Maria in previous life (the one from the Bible)

I was Marlene Dietrich

ajay0

The doctrine of reincarnation is not present in most western religions or beliefs as compared to the east so that it could be seen as confirmation bias or part of social conditioning.

How is that western children talk about reincarnation then !

Children Who Report Memories of Previous Lives | Division of Perceptual Studies

Here, we see a whole website (University of Virginia School of Medicine) devoted to western children's past life memories and advice to western parents on how to respond and handle them. Obviously there is not going to be a lot of smoke without fire.

stvdv

When I was young I knew about a motor my father had, before I was born. And that he wanted to go to New Zealand.

Before I was born the motor had to be sold, and New Zealand was cancelled for ever. They never spoke about it afterwards. Still I could even visualize the motor.
These feelings of my father were quite strong, I guess. I went to New Zealand on my first trip outside Europe.

My simple explanation is, that they talked about this a lot (and emotional) when I was in the womb. So I knew it, from their own description.

So, maybe the parents of the kid, watched some Lady Diana videos, or talked about it.

Or it is a good publicity stunt. It will boost his "likes" probably.

Sai Baba claimed he will reincarnate again in India. Even name is given. So many have claimed already they are Sai Baba reincarnate.

I just have a problem trusting these kind of things. Especially when it's about famous people.

When Sai Baba died, I noticed suddenly, within 3 or 4 days that there were dozens of people having websites on Sai Baba. They were claiming Sai Baba speaks through them. Too much of a coincidence to me. Internet and money business makes me a lit bit reserved with this type of messages.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

If you look at the specifics of Diana's death, it seems plausible. Generally with people who know about it and understand it, they go for a location, or more likely a family. They sit on the astral and wait for an opportunity that suits them, a place to undergo karma in a logical way. For those who don't believe, the astral is just a strange place. Then there are those like Diana, who lose the physical body suddenly with no time to prepare or to mentally adjust. (Alcoholics and drug addicts, anyone who dies in a stupor, are another category like that ... that's why hindus and others wish to transition in a clear state of mind) Certainly it seems she had desires to 'get away from it all' and Australia seems like a logical place to get as far a way from Britain as possible. Wishing to be male seems logical as well. But it seems more likely it would be 'pot-luck' random because of the suddenness of the death.

As for claims like you mention ... well, yeah, people have daydreams. But when a 2 year old (or younger) babbles somewhat coherently about some other place or stuff ... personally I take that a way more seriously than some adult full of ego, and transferring that to the soul nature.

Hopefully this kid will forget about it real soon, and there won't be much media. After all, that soul wished to get away from that, must be some lingering desire I suppose.

(It's raining here, and I'm taking the day off from landscaping, so am yapping too much.)

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Sai Baba claimed he will reincarnate again in India. Even name is given. So many have claimed already they are Sai Baba reincarnate.

Lol, like nobody could predict that. Prem will be the most common given name in India ... The whole idea becomes somewhat pointless when stuff like that happens.

stvdv

that's why hindus and others wish to transition in a clear state of mind)
I also prefer that. I won't wait for dementia to start (I already decided)

As for claims like you mention ... well, yeah, people have daydreams. But when a 2 year old (or younger) babbles somewhat coherently about some other place or stuff ... personally I take that a way more seriously than some adult full of ego, and transferring that to the soul nature.
Very true. These people I met, were really full of ego, thinking that way. Kids are still pure. But even then, I am cautious to believe such things. Especially when parents are into internet / media.

Hopefully this kid will forget about it real soon, and there won't be much media. After all, that soul wished to get away from that, must be some lingering desire I suppose.
If it is for real, I think it is no problem. Not sure if that soul wished to get away from that. I do remember Ramana Maharshi saying "if something is meant for you, you can't escape it, and if you desire something what is not meant for you, you can try all you want, but you won't get it".

stvdv

Lol, like nobody could predict that. Prem will be the most common given name in India ... The whole idea becomes somewhat pointless when stuff like that happens.
That was not my point. Some people just lie about stuff to get attention or become famous. And I see it a lot with "spiritual" people also.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
That was not my point. Some people just lie about stuff to get attention or become famous. And I see it a lot with "spiritual" people also.
Like a bunch of little kids yelling, "Pick me! Pick me! Pick me!" It's just stupid in my view.

stvdv

Like a bunch of little kids yelling, "Pick me! Pick me! Pick me!" It's just stupid in my view.
And it could even have a big impact on the child. I knew parents who were all the time talking about how special their kid was (some Tibetan Lama incarnated). But within 20 years the kid became quite messed up, and relationship with parents got bad. It was all just some wish fulfilling thinking of the parents.