• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fornication or sexual immorality? Is fornication sexual immorality?

Trackdayguy

Speed doesn't kill, it's hitting the wall
No way to rationalize away the underlying fact that sex isn't something to be "taken". It is something you give, something you share. Sex isn't something women "have". Sex is a physical act between individuals.

I agree with you that sex isn't to be taken. Many women use sex as a weapon and bargaining tool which is why so many men use the word take. Comments like

"didn't you feel taken advantage of, you poor thing.

I would suggest that if a woman doesn't want sex they need to speak up, many do of course, giving in because they feel under pressure only makes them a victim which isn't good

Last edited:

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Well, I know people who have been in a committed relationship for decades and are doing just fine without a piece of paper from the state.
Outside of that, I see no reason that either women or men can't enjoy sex with no commitment.......I think it happens all the time. Why do you see sex outside of marriage as "using" someone when both people gain pleasure from it?

Because there is no care or genuine love in it, to me, its wasted time. Just not anything that would satisfy me or content me.

Ive made those mistakes before, and it doesnt do anything for me. Its a let down.

Those kinda people are aliens to me. I understand someone who demands loyalty instead.

Trackdayguy

Speed doesn't kill, it's hitting the wall
Because there is no care or genuine love in it, to me, its wasted time. Just not anything that would satisfy me or content me.

Ive made those mistakes before, and it doesnt do anything for me. Its a let down.

Those kinda people are aliens to me. I understand someone who demands loyalty instead.

For me I've learned that I can have different experiences with different people and on different occasions. Once it becomes "This is what I want and expect" one gets disappointed. I love the intimate times when there's a connection but like any menu you dont have to have the same thing every day.

Sex is supposed to be fun, from some of the comments on this post I would suggest some people need to lighten up.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
For me I've learned that I can have different experiences with different people and on different occasions. Once it becomes "This is what I want and expect" one gets disappointed. I love the intimate times when there's a connection but like any menu you dont have to have the same thing every day.

Sex is supposed to be fun, from some of the comments on this post I would suggest some people need to lighten up.
No one needs to "lighten up". You need to accept that not everyone is interested in slutting around and stop pushing your point of view down everyone's throats for not living like you. But I'm sure you've had me on ignore for a while. :rolleyes:

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
Humanity is a diverse population indeed, some are monogamous, serial monogamous, polyamourous, asexual, pansexual etc etc, due to our diverse nature and conflict of opinion on this subject, I would say the answer to this question is Neither.

Either you feel it is important to save yourself before marriage or not. Perhaps you think it is important to know if you are sexually compatible before making a commitment. Perhaps you think marriage is a bunch of hogwash. And you don't need a formal ceremony to prove your commitment to that other individual.

Sex before or post marriage or common-law union is entirely preferential. I personally don't think it is immoral to explore your own sexuality with other consenting adults. I think (not the best word), forced inhibition of people's sexuality is extremely unhealthy and dangerous, and may lead to an unsafe sexual practices.