• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Forgiving Satan

Etritonakin

Who is higher than God and therefore can Forgive Him.
It is not his position which makes him blameless, but his righteousness -though he does have greater ability/power, spiritual discipline and positive regard for all due to the nature of his position, etc., which enables him to do right things we are not able to do.

He is able to kill without blame, for example, where we are not -because it actually works good and will benefit those he kills. He does so with their best interest at heart, and it will certainly be in their best interest. He is also able to un-kill, if you will -and intends to do so.

It is fortunate that the most high is perfectly righteous -but it is also perfectly logical. Otherwise he would create an end state which was undesirable for all -even for himself. Newbies do not yet fully understand that doing anything they desire in the short term may create an undesirable future -and do not see that to be the basis of the seemingly-restrictive law -or the reason for the necessity of obedience to the most high.

If God were not righteous, he would be guilty regardless of position -which is why he considered all and declared the end from the beginning.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Well in my own truth no, I cannot see why we need an afterlife, even the universes one day will die, and we are like a micro universe..........yes there's a time to live and a time to lie.
then why participate in discussion you don't believe in?

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
It's clear that the killers' side wrote the "history" anyway.

The funny thing is, I've been reading up on Canaanite mythology for a book I'm writing. Yam/Yah/Yaweh was a god of the sea, killed off (several times) by Baal, who was the storm god and the one child of El (the Most High) who demanded to be set aside as King of the Gods, and it turns out his story (non-king of gods says that everyone else sucks and becomes king of gods after defeating crappy chaotic gods) sound suspiciously like the bible just took Baal, rewrote it as Yahweh, and moved on with their day. What if you've really been worshipping Baal instead? :)

Look how easy it is to demonize the "other" nowadays. Natives are even supposedly being locked in dog kennels and given Holocaust-like "tattoos" on their arms. Muslims are treated like they eat babies or something. Refugees are told they are destroying America just because they don't want to be murdered in their own country. Palestinian homes look like a cement and rock wasteland while Israel just goes about its day playing on their golf courses. Etc, etc.

It's pretty bizarre. These people compiled all of the gods they hated (but, in fact loved) into their own little Frankenstein god.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Because I don't believe it, so do you want everyone to agree with you, if you do then open up your threads in DIR, that way you will feel much more safer and maybe sleep better. :sleepsymbol:
no one is safe......I have posted....
God is dangerous

so you are here because you don't believe.....
hoping you can counter each statement of belief with denial of your own?

g2perk

It is not his position which makes him blameless, but his righteousness -though he does have greater ability/power, spiritual discipline and positive regard for all due to the nature of his position, etc., which enables him to do right things we are not able to do.

He is able to kill without blame, for example, where we are not -because it actually works good and will benefit those he kills. He does so with their best interest at heart, and it will certainly be in their best interest. He is also able to un-kill, if you will -and intends to do so.

It is fortunate that the most high is perfectly righteous -but it is also perfectly logical. Otherwise he would create an end state which was undesirable for all -even for himself. Newbies do not yet fully understand that doing anything they desire in the short term may create an undesirable future -and do not see that to be the basis of the seemingly-restrictive law -or the reason for the necessity of obedience to the most high.

If God were not righteous, he would be guilty regardless of position -which is why he considered all and declared the end from the beginning.
Yeah I agree. I was not asking the question. It was a statement.