• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Forgiving Satan

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Can you, as a Christian, forgive satan?

I liken this to charity without reservations. If you are only giving charity (asking forgiveness) for those who will not spend your money on alcohol (those who do not know what they've done), that's not charity.

If you are being a sacrifice to Christ and acting in charity, what is it between you and satan that satan doesn't earn your respect regardless of how he feels about it?

Last edited:

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Just putting this out there that from what my Jewish friends have told me, the real Satan is the temptation in every human heart, and trying to make a big bad boogie monster at fault for their own falls from grace is shifting the blame. The hatred put on this external enemy really just internalized guilt for when they themselves do something wrong.

Some Christians I've heard say that they forgiveness must be asked for, and that standing offers for forgiveness are always there for everyone including Satan, but the unrepentant aren't asking therefore aren't receiving. Though they're quick to tell you that love is for repentance and unrepentant alike, and charitably given. But not forgiveness and certainly not salvation.

Etritonakin

I liken this to charity without reservations. If you are only giving charity (asking forgiveness) for those who will not spend your money on alcohol (those who do not know what they've done), that's not charity.

If you are being a sacrifice to Christ and acting in charity, what is it between you and satan that satan doesn't earn your respect regardless of how he feels about it?

Presently, Satan seeks to harm mankind -so it is best to go about one's business just as it is wise to avoid people who seek trouble or harm.
That is not to say we ought to have anything against Satan -but rather let God deal with him (and the other sinning angels).

Jude 1:8Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities. 9Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee. 10But these speak evil of those things which they know not:

James 4:7Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you.

God allows the world to be affected by the sinning angels for a purpose -but it is best to avoid interaction with them. Some beings do not respect respect, and will take advantage of good intentions. They are similar to some humans, but much more powerful and intelligent. They ought not be disrespected, but it is wise to avoid them and resist evil by doing righteousness.

Before Christ became Christ, he went and preached to those sinning angels -because God would rather they not sin -but they are now reserved in restraint -doing only as allowed by God -until the judgment. It is not ours to say what will be the end result. Whether spirit or human, however, the evils that we do cannot be allowed to continue indefinitely.
Salvation wouldn't be much of a salvation of we just messed it up as we mess up the world now -so the most important thing about salvation is becoming different and better.
The world would be a paradise if we changed -and salvation will be a paradise because we will have been changed -and we must be or become willing to change.

Jude 1:6And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

1 Peter 3:18For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 19By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; 20Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah.......

Generally speaking, love keeps no record of wrongs -but we are to be wary of those who are not motivated by love.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Presently, Satan seeks to harm mankind -so it is best to go about one's business just as it is wise to avoid people who seek trouble or harm.
That is not to say we ought to have anything against Satan -but rather let God deal with him (and the other sinning angels).

Jude 1:8Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities. 9Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee. 10But these speak evil of those things which they know not:

James 4:7Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you.

God allows the world to be affected by the sinning angels for a purpose -but it is best to avoid interaction with them. Some beings do not respect respect, and will take advantage of good intentions. They are similar to some humans, but much more powerful and intelligent. They ought not be disrespected, but it is wise to avoid them and resist evil by doing righteousness.

Before Christ became Christ, he went and preached to those sinning angels -because God would rather they not sin -but they are now reserved in restraint -doing only as allowed by God -until the judgment. It is not ours to say what will be the end result. Whether spirit or human, however, the evils that we do cannot be allowed to continue indefinitely.
Salvation wouldn't be much of a salvation of we just messed it up as we mess up the world now -so the most important thing about salvation is becoming different and better.
The world would be a paradise if we changed -and salvation will be a paradise because we will have been changed -and we must be or become willing to change.

Jude 1:6And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

1 Peter 3:18For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 19By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; 20Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah.......

Generally speaking, love keeps no record of wrongs -but we are to be wary of those who are not motivated by love.

Would you forgive him for all what you said? (Even if you decide to be in a bullet proof glass, if you like)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Don't see why not. I still get to see him as a jerk, though, right? Forgiveness doesn't mean I have to like him, LOL. Still ...

Now, what I'm REALLY curious about is if Satan is willing to forgive Christianity for literally demonizing him, as the slurs against him aren't justified in the OT at all.

Haha. Yeah. You dont need go like him. Many people go by our day and we reserve our prayers for those who need it. Id probably think satan needs it the most regardless if it will help. Its the action not the goal :)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Just putting this out there that from what my Jewish friends have told me, the real Satan is the temptation in every human heart, and trying to make a big bad boogie monster at fault for their own falls from grace is shifting the blame. The hatred put on this external enemy really just internalized guilt for when they themselves do something wrong.

Some Christians I've heard say that they forgiveness must be asked for, and that standing offers for forgiveness are always there for everyone including Satan, but the unrepentant aren't asking therefore aren't receiving. Though they're quick to tell you that love is for repentance and unrepentant alike, and charitably given. But not forgiveness and certainly not salvation.

I guess you can say its harder to forgive oneself than others from that perepective.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Satan is not a person, but a personification.

If you are a christian, most christians feel satan is the tempter to have humans to sin. Basically, he cause everything to shirt circuit. If you were a christian, would you forgive him?

Last edited:

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
If you are a christian, most christians feel satan is the tempter to have humans to sin. Basically, he cause everything to shirt circuit. If you were a christian, would you forgive him?

I am Christian, foremost.

This was one of my very first questions, as a Christian. It led me to realize that there is indeed one God, not two. There is no duality, contrary to what 'most Christians' believe. There is no subversion of God whatsoever.

Forgiveness without vindication, is a source of confusion, and often violent self-righteousness, i.e. autolatry. Satan is vindicated by his Father in Heaven. I've moved past forgiveness, to a complete understanding, which is vindication in one God.

Etritonakin

Would you forgive him for all what you said? (Even if you decide to be in a bullet proof glass, if you like)

I forgive everyone for every and any thing, but I also consider tendencies, possibilities, probabilities, etc., and guard against the negative.

Etritonakin

Forgiveness has no considerations. How do you define forgiveness?
Overlooking a matter on a personal level. One can overlook a matter on a personal level and still do their best to prevent another matter to overlook situationally.

Etritonakin

Can you rephrase that please?
If I let you live in a house I own and you cause damage, I can forgive you.
I can overlook it and even take the loss rather than having you pay for the damage.
I can do this more than once if I choose.
If it becomes apparent that you are doing it intentionally or that it will keep happening and nothing reasonable can remedy the situation, I can forgive you and also tell you to find another place to live.
Having you stay there would not be good for you or me.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Having you stay there would not be good for you or me.

Thank you. I understand that. If you were god, why would he see it the same way as you described?

Many people "damage god's home" and according to scripture he forgives them regardless of how much damage they do.

In other words, can you compare god's forgiveness and your forgiveness?

Thief

Rogue Theologian

I have a notion ....the Fallen want us dead
what then to forgive?

I also have a notion we have resemblance unto them
maybe we should forgive ourselves and do better

and of course the act of forgiving must be functional

anyone looking to return the Fallen to their positions in heaven?
I don't think, that much is ours to give

but then again .....the Carpenter went about.....
forgiving trespass not dealt toward Him

Etritonakin

Thank you. I understand that. If you were god, why would he see it the same way as you described?

Many people "damage god's home" and according to scripture he forgives them regardless of how much damage they do.

In other words, can you compare god's forgiveness and your forgiveness?

Satan is bound by God in the "bottomless pit" -away from the home of all others -then loosed for a short time -then cast into the "lake of fire" -which is also away from the home of some others.

God is able to repair all damage done. It is just a matter of rearranging things. What is most important is the repair of those who will to do damage.
Those who will to do damage must cease to will to do damage -or they must be removed.
Perhaps God is able to convince all to cease to will to do damage -and accept what must be done by them to cause peace and happiness.

God will "destroy those who destroy the Earth" -but he will repair the Earth -and resurrect those destroyed.

God is willing to forgive all -but he cannot allow evil to continue.

Either he is able to remove all evil from all beings -or incorrigible beings will be removed from existence.

I try to 'love my enemies, bless them that curse me, do good to them that hate me, and pray for them which despitefully use me, and persecute me'...
but it is certainly not natural.