• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For those who think that prophet Mohammad was a pedophile

Sakeenah

Its a known fact the he was a warmonger, always fighting for his own selfish good.

Your statement shows that you haven't studied his life. Historians disagree with your claim. Records show that even at the height of the power of the Muslims during his life, he lived very humbly, and had all of his property dispersed throughout the community when he died. The leaders of Qurays that opposed him offered him wealth,women and status and he rejected all of it.

Quite a few non muslim historians,philosophers and leader from the past have spoken highly of the prophet muhammad. I don't want to bombard you with quotes so I'll quote two.

Thomas carlyle(1795-1881) Historian and philosopher.

" The lies(Western slander)which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man(Muhammad) are disgraceful to ourselves only."

Washington Irving (1783-1859) Well-known as the “first American man of letters".

“He was sober and abstemious in his diet, and a rigorous observer of fasts. He indulged in no magnificence of apparel, the ostentation of a petty mind; neither was his simplicity in dress affected, but the result of a real disregard to distinction from so trivial a source ... In his private dealings he was just. He treated friends and strangers, the rich and poor, the powerful and the weak, with equity, and was beloved by the common people for the affability with which he received them, and listened to their complaints ... His military triumphs awakened no pride nor vain glory, as they would have done had they been effected for selfish purposes. In the time of his greatest power he maintained the same simplicity of manners and appearance as in the days of his adversity. So far from affecting regal state, he was displeased if, on entering a room, any unusual testimonial of respect were shown to him." [Life of Mahomet, London,1889,p. 192-3,199]

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Prophet Mohammad peace be upon him was known to be a decent and a honest man, he
didn't has any relation with any women in his youth years even though that obscenity was
existing in the Arabian peninsula and women were available as slaves in all ages, so finding
a woman in that era wasn't a big issue.

The first wife of the prophet was Khadija, she was a widow of the age of 40 while
the prophet was at the age of 25, he loved her regardless of her age and they stayed
married for 25 years and when she died at the age of 65, the prophet was at the age of 50.

Khadija was the first woman to accept Islam as she knows her husband very well and
she trusted him even before being married to him, the prophet was called the truthful
and the honest( as-sadiq al-amin) which I believe it was planned by Allah in order for
his people to believe and accept the message of Islam.

To be continued ....

There is no contradiction in marrying a 40 years old woman while also being sexually attracted to children.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Firstly, what the Quran says about Muhammad counts most as it is the Word of God.

Sura 33:21

"Ye have in the apostle of GOD an excellent example, unto him who hopeth in GOD, and the last day, and remembereth GOD frequently."

Sura 53:1

"BY the star, when it setteth; your companion Mohammed erreth not; nor is he led astray: neither doth he speak of his own will."

Muhammad married a woman by the name of A'isha when she was around 19 years old.

The claim that she was 9 comes from a Hadith which contradicts the Quran so is baseless.

Actually the Hadith doesn't contradict the Quran at all because the Quran does not tell us what age Aisha is when the marriage was consummated. That's the other side of the issue here; not just when Muhammad married Aisha, but how old she was when he consummated the marriage.

Sura 31:6

31: 6 Among the people, there are those who accept baseless hadiths to mislead from the path of God without knowledge, and they take it as entertainment. These will have a humiliating retribution.

You can read the chronology of events showing A'isha was around 19 when married. Also there's Books and research.

http://justonereason.net/debunking-the-aisha-child-marriage-myth/

And that you consider a sahih hadith useless is just the same sort of 'Hadiths are worthy only while convenient' argument that Muslims use to muddy the waters all the time. In fact, in that respect, this entire thread is a Kent Hovind argument because as soon as we quote Sahih Bukhari @FearGod can just say 'I don't accept this hadith as valid'. I suspect he's issuing a challenge knowing the only Muslim scripture that actually tells us Aisha's age is the hadith is one which he can reject. Thus making this challenge impossible.

The Emperor of Mankind

Child marriage was not uncommon in many places at the time, Arabia included. It often served political purposes, and Aisha's marriage to Muhammad would have had a political connotation.

This old excuse again? This stopped being applicable the moment Muhammad made claims of connection to the 'superior moral authority' of Allah. Muhammad held himself as being above his peers in that he was in direct contact with the sole source of morality in existence - he put himself up on a pedestal - and it seems so odd when Muslims try to insist that Muhammad should be held to the higher standard of conduct he claimed only part of the time.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Does that make him a pedophile? go on please

"Muhammad is a narcissist, a pedophile, a mass murderer,
a terrorist, a misogynist, a lecher, a cult leader, a madman
a rapist, a torturer, an assassin and a looter."

Former Muslim Ali Sina offered $50,000 to anyone
who could prove this wrong based on Islamic texts.

The reward has gone unclaimed.

The Life of Muhammad

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
No he was not as a man, he was as the Christ, and we are all that also, that is when we realize our true dininity, we are no in truth the carnal self, that is our ignorance, this is my truth reveled to me.

"He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in His mouth."
(1 Peter 2:22)

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
"Muhammad is a narcissist, a pedophile, a mass murderer,
a terrorist, a misogynist, a lecher, a cult leader, a madman
a rapist, a torturer, an assassin and a looter."

Former Muslim Ali Sina offered $50,000 to anyone
who could prove this wrong based on Islamic texts.

The reward has gone unclaimed.

The Life of Muhammad

You're claiming that prophet Mohammad was a mass murderer..etc while in one other thread
you defended murdering the innocent Japanese by the Americans, I think you were describing
your own self and not the prophet's morals.

The Emperor of Mankind

You're claiming that prophet Mohammad was a mass murderer..etc while in one other thread
you defended murdering the innocent Japanese by the Americans, I think you were describing
your own self and not the prophet's morals.

Muhammad is held to a higher moral standard (at least part of the time) by Muslims; America is a kafir nation. You can't excuse Muhammad's conduct based on what non-believers do and expect us to let you get away with double standards. Either Muhammad is up on a moral pedestal above the rest of us or he's not. Please pick one and stick with it.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Child marriage was not uncommon in many places at the time, Arabia included. It often served political purposes, and Aisha's marriage to Muhammad would have had a political connotation.

Some people say she was 9 at time of consummation, some people say she was 12 and some people say she was 17.

Muhammad Niknam Arabshahi, an Iranian Islamic scholar and historian, has considered six different approaches to determining Aisha'a age and concluded that she was engaged in her late teens.

Prophet Mohammad peace be upon him was known to be a decent and a honest man, he
didn't has any relation with any women in his youth years even though that obscenity was
existing in the Arabian peninsula and women were available as slaves in all ages, so finding
a woman in that era wasn't a big issue.

I dont claim to know anything about your culture but we accuse pedephiles based off US sociatal standards, religious christian views, and our laws. So, to say say anyone overseas whose norm is to marry what "America define" as underage would totally disrespectful to those cultural norms. I assume "underage" females who marry in countries of Islam arent harmed within their marriages (as a general religious rule?)?

If they are just "underage" I wouldnt see how Muhammad would be a pedephile.

Unless, by definition, he was Attracted to children under 18ish ('bout US laws). Attraction isnt against Islamic beliefs, right? Just action?

Laws of atttaction arent immoral and are normal.

I havent read the full Quran. Just guessing by your title and OP.

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Muhammad is held to a higher moral standard (at least part of the time) by Muslims; America is a kafir nation. You can't excuse Muhammad's conduct based on what non-believers do and expect us to let you get away with double standards. Either Muhammad is up on a moral pedestal above the rest of us or he's not. Please pick one and stick with it.

I was replying @Notanumber, I was talking about his morals in defending the murdering
of the civilians in Japan by the Americans.IOW I ain't talking about the morals of the Americans in general.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Underage marriage doesnt mean one is a pedaphile. That person male or female adult has to be Atracted to those underage.

And what is underage by Islamic standards?

And how does Islam define pedephile (is there a word) compared to the US?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I dont claim to know anything about your culture but we accuse pedephiles based off US sociatal standards, religious christian views, and our laws. So, to say say anyone overseas whose norm is to marry what "America define" as underage would totally disrespectful to those cultural norms. I assume "underage" females who marry in countries of Islam arent harmed within their marriages (as a general religious rule?)?

If they are just "underage" I wouldnt see how Muhammad would be a pedephile.

Unless, by definition, he was Attracted to children under 18ish ('bout US laws). Attraction isnt against Islamic beliefs, right? Just action?

Laws of atttaction arent immoral and normal.

I havent read the full Quran. Just guessing by your title and OP.

Underage isn't allowed in Islam, the quran stated that the girl should be a woman
in order to be allowed for marriage and forcing her to marriage isn't allowed, but
in some cultures they're doing it not because of Islam but because they used to do
it and most Muslims don't do it including Saudi Arabia, this bad attitude is happening
only in Yemen.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
If he is sexually attracted to children, he is a pedophile.

Did prophet Mohammad have a relation or attracted to a child while married to Khadija?
Do you have stories that the prophet was busy in having sex with children because he
was attracted to them? prove me wrong

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Underage isn't allowed in Islam, the quran stated that the girl should be a woman
in order to be allowed for marriage and forcing her to marriage isn't allowed, but
in some cultures they're doing it not because of Islam but because they used to do
it and most Muslims don't do it including Saudi Arabia, this bad attitude is happening
only in Yemen.

What is considered underage in Islam?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Actually the Hadith doesn't contradict the Quran at all because the Quran does not tell us what age Aisha is when the marriage was consummated. That's the other side of the issue here; not just when Muhammad married Aisha, but how old she was when he consummated the marriage.

And that you consider a sahih hadith useless is just the same sort of 'Hadiths are worthy only while convenient' argument that Muslims use to muddy the waters all the time. In fact, in that respect, this entire thread is a Kent Hovind argument because as soon as we quote Sahih Bukhari @FearGod can just say 'I don't accept this hadith as valid'. I suspect he's issuing a challenge knowing the only Muslim scripture that actually tells us Aisha's age is the hadith is one which he can reject. Thus making this challenge impossible.

Hi Scotsman

The Bab and Baha'u'llah, two Manifestations of God confirm Muhammad to have been sinless, pure and free from error and perfect.

The Manifestations of God are the essence of truthfulness.