• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For Those Who Believe in the Story of Lucifer

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Maybe the fact that these things are growing in strength, and becomeing more frequent.

Not what I've seen.

Its not thAt we are hearing more of the same old thing

this stuff is different

How so? All I see are just a bunch of warring tribes, just as in the Ancient times. The only real differences are the number of people involved and the sophistication of the weapons used.

do you ever wonder what this world is coming too?

Not really. The future of the world is out of my hands, therefore it'd be a waste of time to wonder about it.

LittleNipper

really?
Wonder how many of them STILL go to church....

Gotta love them Sunday only Christians

I believe it all depends on what they found at whatever church they happened to enter. Some "churches" are little more than social clubs. Some are cold or worse--- lukewarm...

LittleNipper

Wasn't the people who believe in the Christian god responsible for 9/11? Assuming you're a Christian.

Was GOD responsible for the sinking of the Titanic? The reality is that GOD didn't have to sink that ship ----- an iceberg accomplished it ---- so how unsinkable could that ship really have been?

GOD can and does protect nations, people and ships; however, when they insist they don't need GOD and can protect themselves, GOD will allow the inevitable. Call it an object lesson.

Humanistheart

Was GOD responsible for the sinking of the Titanic? The reality is that GOD didn't have to sink that ship ----- an iceberg accomplished it ---- so how unsinkable could that ship really have been?

GOD can and does protect nations, people and ships; however, when they insist they don't need GOD and can protect themselves, GOD will allow the inevitable. Call it an object lesson.

Name one time this god of your's protected anyone.

Liewise, if the drowning of people is a bad thing, as I would suggest it is, and you have the power to stop a bad thing but don't you're a bad person. If you're god was real he could have stopped this and didn't, so what does that say about him? Perhaps he was busy causing floods and plagues or not existing.

Last edited:

Just_me_Mike

however, when they insist they don't need GOD and can protect themselves... ...Call it an object lesson.
What an example of over generalizing something you don't understand.

How about King Nebuchadnezzar? God actually worked with him. How about God and Satan in the book of Job?

The moment we think we have God figured out is the moment we need to start over. :facepalm:

Riverwolf

Premium Member

I'm afraid I have to somewhat agree with Humanist here. (For once.) God doesn't magically protect anyone.

The Titanic didn't sink because it lost God's protection due to the arrogance in claiming the ship is unskingable; it's more likely that said arrogance didn't allow them to stop and think about sailing into waters where there were iceburgs.

Besides, did the crew of the Hindenburg think that the ship was unable to explode?

lockyfan

Not what I've seen.
So you dont sit back and say "gee the world was safer when I was a child?" just liek every other adult in the world today or do you not ask yourself "what is this world coming to" when you see the constant reports of wars, murders and death no the news.

Now think back 10 years ago, was it THIS bad then?

How so? All I see are just a bunch of warring tribes, just as in the Ancient times. The only real differences are the number of people involved and the sophistication of the weapons used.

The frequency, tha amount of the wars. You see the people amounts yes, but we didnt two wars going on back during the hundred years war. plus all the little side wars. Plus just the murder and death, the disease that is rampant and the amount of diseases without cure that this world has now.

Plus the increasing frequency of earthquakes and their magnitudes and the increasing lawlessness, rebellion of children and just hte horrid way that humans treat each other now as compared to 100 or 1000 years ago. It was bad then, yes I will agree, but now it is so much worse.

Not really. The future of the world is out of my hands, therefore it'd be a waste of time to wonder about it.
I dont wonder about it either, because i know what is coming. Yes the future of the entire world is out of your hands, but your future is directly in your hands.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
So you dont sit back and say "gee the world was safer when I was a child?" just liek every other adult in the world today or do you not ask yourself "what is this world coming to" when you see the constant reports of wars, murders and death no the news.

Now think back 10 years ago, was it THIS bad then?

Only ten? It wasn't any worse back then. 20-30 years ago, it was even worse because of the imminent threat of nuclear war. Plus the Rwandan genocide in the mid-nineties...

The frequency, tha amount of the wars. You see the people amounts yes, but we didnt two wars going on back during the hundred years war. plus all the little side wars. Plus just the murder and death, the disease that is rampant and the amount of diseases without cure that this world has now.

Not any different than the way it was long ago. It's just nowadays, we can see that it's like that.

Plus the increasing frequency of earthquakes and their magnitudes and the increasing lawlessness, rebellion of children and just hte horrid way that humans treat each other now as compared to 100 or 1000 years ago. It was bad then, yes I will agree, but now it is so much worse.

Not really, considering all the tyrannical oppression, witch-hunts, roadside-bandits... and about a hundred years ago, an asteroid exploded over Russia.

I dont wonder about it either, because i know what is coming. Yes the future of the entire world is out of your hands, but your future is directly in your hands.

I know that my future is in my hands, but even that is not entirely in my control. After all, I can't control what happens to me. I can, however, control what I do about it, and it is for that reason that I turned to the Spiritual path that I did.

LittleNipper

Name one time this god of your's protected anyone.

Liewise, if the drowning of people is a bad thing, as I would suggest it is, and you have the power to stop a bad thing but don't you're a bad person. If you're god was real he could have stopped this and didn't, so what does that say about him? Perhaps he was busy causing floods and plagues or not existing.

I'll give you three, Daniel in the lion's den; Shadrack, Meshack & Abendnego in the furnace; and me in a spin out on ice into a telephone pole... Not everyone on the Titanic drowned...

Riverwolf

Premium Member
I'll give you three, Daniel in the lion's den;

May not be historical, and Daniel may have been a lion tamer. Doesn't take God to know how to tame a lion; Daniel may have had experience.

and me in a spin out on ice into a telephone pole...

May have been the circumstances. Things are much more complex than they seem. (Though I am glad you survived.)

Not everyone on the Titanic drowned...

The majority of the Titanic's passengers drowned. (Over 1500 people.) Most of them were low-class citizens, and they drowned because they were trapped below decks, so that the rich could escape. The separate, intervening God was not present, unless he favors rich people (specifically women and children... okay children makes sense) over poor people of all ages and both genders.

OGMIOS6666

Angels are made from light, it will take you 50,000 years to get from where they come each day on this planet in merely a day, they have wings two pairs, three pairs and four, they do not flinch without the command of our Lord.They all are assigned different duties, some move the crowds, some come to take the souls and others give the message of God .

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Angels are made from light, it will take you 50,000 years to get from where they come each day on this planet in merely a day, they have wings two pairs, three pairs and four, they do not flinch without the command of our Lord.They all are assigned different duties, some move the crowds, some come to take the souls and others give the message of God .
What are you talking about?

Rogue Cardinal

Devil's Advocate
And you can support that how?

Morse

To Extinguish
I actually forgot I had posted here.

And if trolls starve they die.

Dead Trolls = Dead Trolls.

OGMIOS6666

well what I have uttered from my mouth is indeed the manifest truth, surely only those men of understanding regognise the truth as they regognise their own sons.

Rogue Cardinal

Devil's Advocate
well what I have uttered from my mouth is indeed the manifest truth, surely only those men of understanding regognise the truth as they regognise their own sons.
Oh so it's a word game. Well in that case. There is no god but me. I am the creator and destroyer of all things. Why? Because I say so! You can't argue with me. I'm god. If you cannot recognize the power of my written word as it appears on this screen you shall surely suffer the wages for your transgressions and die....someday.....when I pick that day to be.

See the problem with just SAYING stuff?

Morse

To Extinguish

I was unaware that digital representations of letters and numbers have made the leap to words.

Recognise* or Recognize*, depending on what side of the pond you're on.

You are absolutely insane :)

EDIT: Crap, I just fed it...